It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serbia vows to fight Kosovo's independence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Serbia vows to fight Kosovo's independence

www.telegraph.co.uk

Serbia's foreign minister promised to fight Kosovo's independence "tooth and nail". The police are braced for violence and the embassies of nations that have recognised Kosovo, including Britain and the United States, are at risk from attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Nato vows to protect north border of newborn Kosovo
www.independent.co.uk...

Kyrgyzstan will demand U.S. close airbase
en.rian.ru...

Wise US Foreign Policy is making its way again to book of history...

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Quoted:
"Kfor police manning two border posts between these four districts and Serbia were forced to hide in a tunnel as their posts were destroyed by state-sanctioned hooligans." (By Peter Popham 21.2.2008, The Independent)

HOOLIGANS! How long does it get when they are terrorists? Then everybody can hate them and US can bomb them... Like good old days!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I heard serbia is buying more earth moving equipment, guess they are almost ready to start filling more mass graves. Just ask the muslims and Bosnians all about the serbian's and their atrocities.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Quoted:
HOOLIGANS! How long does it get when they are terrorists? Then everybody can hate them and US can bomb them... Like good old days!

Hei Janus, Mitä kuuluu?
What I dont get is Why the US are openly supporting Muslims. Are they trying to get them on side for some reason? Lull them into a false sence of security?

US Monitor,
Are we forgetting what the Croats and Bonsians did to the Serbs? I guess you dont know any Serbs that have been burned alive? Sebia are only defending thier territorial boundaries.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Ihan hyvää, kiitos! Mielenkiinnolla seuraan mm. Kososvon tilanteen kehitystä... (Sorry about this...)

... And there is still many false statements in the air, and lack of evidence from "mass graves" and "ethnic cleansing" what Serbs was accused to done!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Mineral rights, including petroleum exploration. Plus the United States loves pissing Russia off.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You think we have something against Muslims? What was it that Bush said? Islam is a religion of peace.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I think you nailed it. Especially tha last part. As much as it is a dangerous game to play.

Delta,
Are you saying that Albanians are a fun loving peaceful bunch of scallywags who have never participated in terrorist activities? Think again.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hi/
Found a few articles that may be of interest, concerning the Balkans......
And I have not read them all....

www.slobodan-milosevic.org...

www.slobodan-milosevic.org...

www.bhhrg.org...

emperors-clothes.com...

www.serbianna.com...

IX
helen

EDIT.........added more links!

[edit on 2/20/2008 by helen670]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Good links Helen,
Very intersting reading.
That should keep the Albanian sympathisers quiet.... for a little while at least.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Am I completely crazy when I say that this could erupt in to a major regional, if not global, war? Is it really that farfetched to think Serbia could possibly attack Kosovo, NATO would defend Kosovo, then Russia would aid Serbia, and the whole region explode in violence and war?

Is that really out of the realm of possibility, here? Or does it seem plausible?

Anyone with more knowledge of the situation, please fill me in on the possibility of a similar scenario to this.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

You are not crazy at all mt friend. This pot has been boiling for a while and the US/NATO (or as I have posted many times - New American Terror Organisation) are just turning up the heat.

The Us have been thumbing thier nose at Russia all over the place lately.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I don't know much about the Balkans, but I do know of the war there during the 90's. Not a whole lot about it, but I do know enough that when I heard Kosovo had declared independence, I got a bad feeling about things to come.

You hear about things with Iran, Israel, Iraq, Russia and their flyovers of the UK and US warships etc., and it's a sign of rising tensions, but that deep down concern of something happening just really isn't there.

For me, at least, that deep down concern is there with this Kosovo-Serbia situation.

This is also going on as Hezbollah declares 'all out war' on Israel. Hezbollah usually carries out their threats.

With so many players involved in both situations and the severing of diplomatic ties and decreased diplomatic talks in both situations, I worry that Asia, Europe and the Middle East could escalate in to a very tense stand off while tinkering on the edge of a full blown war.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think both situations are very fragile and need to be watched.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Kosovo must have oil reserves, which was good for Serbia.

But not now.

Russia has plenty of oil but must need Serbia for something.
So can't say why they give them lip service.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Kosovo must have oil reserves

Tirana - Vast and untouched reserves of oil and gas have been discovered in northern Albania, one of Central Asia's and Eastern Europe's leading petroleum corporations announced Thursday.

The report was compiled by Gustavson Associates LLC on behalf of Manas Petroleum Corporation, which has been awarded a contact by the Albanian government to explore the north of the country for oil and gas reserves.

According to their findings, the unproven reserve holds up to 2.987 billion barrels of oil and 3.014 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.

Northern Albania Oil Reserves

If it's in Northern Albania, it's more than likely in Kosovo as well. Maybe not 3 billion barrels of oil, but still a fairly big supply.

Maybe Serbia knows something about that? This large supply was only discovered last month, so this could be fueling (no pun intended, I swear) some of Serbia's anger.

[edit on 2/21/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
can you blame the people of Kosovo? The atrocities the Serbs commited would make the most hardened Nazi puke.

I have very fond memories of my time (almost 4 years) in the then Yugoslavia, but even as a child I could see the tensions brewing underneath Tito's world.

Im surprised than anybody can blow off Sernbian atrocities

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The US is on the wrong side of this. That's my take. I'm usually on board with a lot of US foreign policy, but we screwed this one up and it's probably going to get ugly. The Serbs are going to rightfully try to exert the territorial claims to Kosovo and I expect the Russians will continue to support and supply them . Putin is not afraid of us and this is not the Russia of ten years ago.

The Russians are fat in petro-dollars and Europe is beholden to them for natural gas supplies and oil. The Europeans are not going to intervene except in a cursory fashion making lame speeches at the UN. They are not going to risk their energy lifeline by screwing with the Russians. And the US public is not going to fight another"illegal war" is some far off sh!t hole in Eastern Europe. This is a lose-lose proposition for us in the US and for Europe. If the powder kegs ignites it will be a prophesy that Churchill predicted 6 decades ago when he argued about securing the Balkans during WWII. Roosevelt and the US Command argued against it, except for Patton and few other Americans. It has been a festering hole ever since.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Today, about 10 hours from now, start the biggest demonstrations against Kosovo Independence in Belgrad. Over 100 000 people are waited to come there, and tensions in border are high... Lets see, this is up to Serbs now, but I am convicted that they are pissed off from US and Kosovo together!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I think im missing something here . Is there a good reason not to give them there independence? Also can you really blame someone for the sins of there grandfather?

I just dont understand the real issue here i guess.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join