It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Browser Toolbar...I made one and it works!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Does it really matter what other people "think" or speculate about ATS? Afterall ATS is a conspiracy website. I say go for it unless it compromises some rules or regulations.

Why let other peoples opinions halt what could be the beginning of the ATS take over of the world?

People can and will continue to say what they want but I wouldn't allow it to heed business and/or advertising production and progression!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Ok just to let you all know, the FireFox Toolbar is working...

I found out something was wrong when I tried to convert the cab file from within the toolbar program as it was loading a Dos CMD prompt and dissapearing. Also it had no icon, which checked, was a corrupt conversion program!!

So, the FireFox one is working, and has now opened the doors for more scripting via Javascript as IE also now uses this feature (I had disabled a lot during security tweaks).

So possibilities of future toolbars, Javascript MSGbox prompts to view new u2u's when it detects new ones, worked in firefox using greasemonkey plugin.

Possibility of detecing the add friend URL (when clicking add friend) to add them to a local friends list stored within the toolbar variables, and thus will be able to work functions based on friends. For example, it can put a glow around their avatar so quickly detecting they are friends. Can do the same for foes - perhaps a red glow..

Also the ability to login to ATS/BTS/PTS with one login. Ability to log-out all at once. Or select which ones you want to stay connected to via checkboxes etc....

I have another project underway though, so it will be priority for a couple of weeks, i hope the toolbar is OK for now

New project is:

Yahoo! Widgets... ATS themed. Will start a new thread on it soon.

Thx

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hi Marty,
I have the new unofficial ATS toolbar installed for Firefox.
It is working great! Good work!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Excellent!!! i'm glad it worked out for you

Nearly finished first Yahoo! Widget - not ATS themed..but its nifty none the less

Thx again

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

BTW, I installed the toolbar yesterday evening. I have Spybot search and destroy on my PC. It has not detected any spyware, adware, etc other than the toolbar itself. But you did warn in advance that this was a possibility. So it didn't frighten me. I just put it on, 'Ignore.'

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Sizzle,

Can you check the log file, and list what it detected? Such as the directory, or the DLL or Registry keys? Also what threat level it was. I may contact the scanner companies and ask them to re-adjust type of warning, although as i said, it may be due to not being registered and registry/dll files are at default...

Thanks again

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
Sizzle,

Can you check the log file, and list what it detected? Such as the directory, or the DLL or Registry keys? Also what threat level it was. I may contact the scanner companies and ask them to re-adjust type of warning, although as i said, it may be due to not being registered and registry/dll files are at default...

Thanks again

I'll have to re-run Spybot, but no prob, if you don't mind waiting, it might take a while. But I do recall that it listed twice and it did mention the registry keys.
Btw, it did not give any specific warnings, it just asked how I wanted to deal with it.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I just realized something; it might not list again on spybot, because I instructed it to be ignored in the future. But will give it a go anyway and see what happens. I need to run it anyway.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sizzle, perhaps check your ignore list...

Will wait to see what happens

Thanks again..

Thx

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Sizzle, perhaps check your ignore list...

Will wait to see what happens

Thanks again..

Thx

The ignore feature isn't available while it is running.
Too bad I didn't think of that first.

Although I needed to run it anyway, it would have kept you from having to wait so long for an answer. Shouldn't be too much longer.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
As I suspected, it did not reappear on the next run of spybot. So, when it was finished, I went to retrieve it from Ignore, and all it had was the title info.
Is there anyone else that d'loaded it to firefox, that might still have the options available to help you?
I don't think it's anything to worry about, because it does not show with a major warning or anything.
Sorry I couldn't help.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Sizzle thanks for downloading it and trying it out! Well as i said, because it may be in unregistered mode (program i used to make it) it may be detecting it as suspicious.. Either way, thanks again

I have been gone for a few days, i lost all my data on PC, all 4 drives, about a terabyte in data...

I tried to convert a hdd from dynamic back to basic.. (two drives making one Drive letter), splitting the drives, wiped both... Then tried to reduce size of one partition, and PC crashed during that process, it wiped out that drive.. Then tried to backup the OS drive, it crashed the PC during backup, stuffing up the Master Boot record, no OS to load...so everything (including Toolbar Source) is gone...silly for not backing up earlier

(that goes for all my Photoshop files i made)

Anyway, back to the drawing board, speak soon.

Thx

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
DUDE!! Ouch!! That one had to hurt.

I remember a time when I did that once. I was doing my first reinstall, and forgot that I had all of my stuff on the drive. Took me the better part of a week to get it all back once I reformatted and installed all of my old stuff.

Trust me, events like this are great teachers!!

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Marty,
do you not have one of those file recovery programs? There is a good one on www.filehippo.com that is available for free download. There is no spyware, etc for any of the downloads on this site. I forgot the name of the d'load, but I think it is file recuv or something. Hope that helps.

Edit: Found the download, it is called Recuva,
www.filehippo.com...

[edit on 2-3-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Hey sizzle, the drives were all but recoverable...tried many programs, many many I had on CD Autoboot. Data either came out corrupted etc... had encryption on most drives as well (truecrypt) so trying to get it back was virtually impossible.

anyway, allows me to restart....PC is flying now

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hey Marty, just downloaded the toolbar and it's working great for me in IE. That sucks about your hard drive crashing.

Well, if I find any bugs I'll let you know, but so far everything looks good.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

reply to post by sizzle

Hey sizzle, the drives were all but recoverable...tried many programs, many many I had on CD Autoboot. Data either came out corrupted etc... had encryption on most drives as well (truecrypt) so trying to get it back was virtually impossible.

I am so glad to hear that Marty. You have been so kind to try to benefit others, with a lot of hard work and at no cost to them.
Did you try the Recuv or was it not necessary? Guess it doesn't matter, as long as PC is flying now.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle

reply to post by sizzle

I am so glad to hear that Marty. You have been so kind to try to benefit others, with a lot of hard work and at no cost to them.
Did you try the Recuv or was it not necessary? Guess it doesn't matter, as long as PC is flying now.

Hey Sizzle, well as I said, I tried many recovering methods, in the end it was wasted time. lol

Thanks for the kind words, I have to re-start my Yahoo Widget coding, all of that gone too

Anyway, everything is good now.

Aces - glad you like it, let me know how it can be improved or what features you'll like in it

Thx

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hey guys, I began to start developing the toolbar again, and would you believe it......i found a free service that does it for you!!! www.conduit.com allows online creation of toolbars for the community.

It took me 10 minutes to make instead of 7 days. So far i'm listening to a real ATS MIX broadcast directly from the ATSMIX RSS feed. Can read other RSS Feeds, has a dedicated Toolbar Chat channel, links, weather, search etc....has the basics...but can do much much more.

Also it can be updated on the fly.

u2u me to test this new version out - it makes an IE and Firefox one automatically... please let me know what i've forgotten (i have) so I can quickly add it. From that point, its the unofficial one, and i am sure ATS Owners could use this as there are prompts that say 'would you like to participate on usage?' as you install it - say no, and there goes the 'tracking' issues. This can be turned off by default by the creators of the toolbar too so no prompt to ask as it doesn't do it anyway.

u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u u2u XD

Thx

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i want one!! i shall u2u immediatly

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join