It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Explosion at Alon Refinery Big Spring, Texas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Major Explosion at Alon Refinery Big Spring, Texas!

www.alonusa.com

A large explostion has rocked the Alon refinery in Big Spring, Texas. The explosion occured arond 8:18am central time this morning. I-20 has been shut down and drivers will have to find an alternate route.

Here is a link to Alon: www.alonusa.com...

I\\\'ll update as information comes in.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is an Israeli owned company along a major interstate system. I'llpost more as I know more.

www.alonusa.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMicrophone

Yet another oil related explosion in Texas!!! Wasn't there one just the other day?
www.chron.com...

Whats up with these explosions? Other than the price of gas going up?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
looks like someone trying to push up the prices of oil ey?

i wonder who that could be?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Looks like it was a fairly large blast.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

I just read another thread about a major explosion in Russia (siberia) that also appeared to be a possible gas/oil related explosion.

Russian Explosion: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dose this look familar? englishrussia.com...

I wonder if there is a coordinated attack on pipelines and refineries?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Still saying only one injury in this, thankfully

www.cnn.com...

One worker was injured in the blast, and all workers had been accounted for, Blake Lewis, a spokesman for refinery owner Alon USA, told The Associated Press. He said the fire was under control.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Those interested in this story should also visit this Current Events thread for updates by a member living in the area: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yea i live here and was at school when it happened. It rocked the school and we didnt know what was going on but soon after we started getting text messages saying the refinery just blew up and people started freaking out. Not like running around but everybody was deeply concerned. People 60 miles away could feel it and Midland can see it. Its still burning right now but it was like a really low runble like if 10 lightning hits all happened exactly at the same time. It was creepy and abit scary. I live like on a hill and can see it clearly and damage wise the shockwave apparently knoked over 18 wheelers and cars, collapsed a bowaling alley roof(part over the lanes noone hurt) and broke a TON of windows.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lestat616

The Bowl-A-Rama?

I didn't join a league this year. But that is my favorite hamburger place, since i just live right there.

It knocked every door in my house open from the vibration in the wood after the concussion. The ground beneath me shook.

I have a lot of video and pictures. But don't have time to post them right now.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I hope the catch the hezbollah terrorists behind this and punish them and iran for this attack!!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Alright... I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but I just found out that there was an explosion in a Petrobras (brazillian owned) Oil Refinery in Argentina today. San Lorenzo town, in Santa Fe Province.

Here's a report, although it's in portuguese but I guess it's not too hard to find something in english for this.
g1.globo.com...

Coincidence??

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Umm...more like "hung over contractors". No terror involved, luckily. Just an accident. It has been 30 years since the last one at this refinery (it was called "Cosden" back then). Overall, a very good safety record until today.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I just watched CNN, SkyNews, CBS,NBC, BBC, Al Jazeera and EuroNews. the only think mentioned about Texas was all those boxes found with stuff about Kennedy.

Absolutely no one is covering this story with any ferocity except for our dilligent man in the field.

You are doing a bang up job sir. Keep safe.

Does anyone have anymore details about that explosion in Mt Top? Is there any possibility that there is some link or just an amazing cowinkedink?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I posted more pictures and video links on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lestat616

"I am the owner of Big Spring Bowl-A-Rama. Our roof did not collapse - we had only minor damage which was taken care of by ALON. We were closed for 80 days. Back up and running - BETTER THAN EVER!!!"

top topics

join