It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodness Gracious Green Balls a Fire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
alright so there was green fireballs in new mexico in the 1940's

foia.abovetopsecret.com...
^^^.pdf report

"This is a nearly 200 page file of an investigation into the many green fireball sightings in New Mexico in the late 1940's. "

check out the PDF for the report and check the ats thread for more info on the new mexico green fireballs in the 40's (and green fireballs sightings in general and more reports)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
oh thats fricken cool. Where can i get one! I also agree that NASA is a cover-up-agency and is not the future. We have people in space already "Watched it on the Ellen show" that goes up to 200,000 dollars for a flight to view earth. Anyway ..
thnx for the share!

[edit on 17-2-2008 by nuclear_terrorism]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuclear_terrorism
oh thats fricken cool. Where can i get one! I also agree that NASA is a cover-up-agency and is not the future. We have people in space already "Watched it on the Ellen show" that goes up to 200,000 dollars for a flight to view earth. Anyway ..
thnx for the share!

[edit on 17-2-2008 by nuclear_terrorism]

i never said they were a cover up agency (in this thread at least lol)

and why are you saying "thnx for the share"? that is my line i used on forums where you have to reply to see the link (i have done this probably over 1,000 times lol replied to a thread to see a link with "thanks for the share")

you are creeping me out
in a very very interesting way

[edit on 17-2-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
What's creepier is that I saw something just like that in California, about 10 years or so ago....

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Green Fireball photographed by Air Force observation post near Datil, NM, Feb 24 1950 - USAF

the external image link is bigger, not gonna mess with another upload to get the photo you see here bigger when you can just click the link and see it bigger

Chiiru you are in NM now? keep that camera handy

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Something interesting in the dark part of the picuture in this photo

Like giant bacteria.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've seen a meteorite that looked somewhat like that, a huge green ball of fire that looked like it was gonna smash into the earth but disintegrated into several smaller parts and dissipated just before contact. Could this simply be a meteorite in the early stages / upper atmosphere?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
One interesting thing about those two photos is that they are more or less from the same area, although they were not taken in the same orbit.

Photo AS07-5-1613 was taken over Saudi Arabia and photo AS07-6-1700 was taken over Iran.

This information and the images from the links above were taken from The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth.

PS: the images from the above links are higher resolution than the ones from the opening post.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
i too have seen a green fireball myself when i was twelve,looking out my bedroom window at night.it seemed so large and so low,just a hundred feet or so high. i went out looking for a crater the next day lol

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
New Mexico must be where the green balls like to Manifest.

I have seen green balls, about the size of a basket ball, following a fence line on old highway 44.

Many of my friends have seen green balls in the trees around Los Alamos.

Plasma, Ball lightning, residual energy from experiments.?
I have also heard that green balls appear above earthquake fault zones.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
I've seen a meteorite that looked somewhat like that, a huge green ball of fire that looked like it was gonna smash into the earth but disintegrated into several smaller parts and dissipated just before contact. Could this simply be a meteorite in the early stages / upper atmosphere?

"In a classified letter to the Air Force on December 20, LaPaz wrote that the object moved far too slowly to have been a meteor and left no "trail of sparks or dust cloud" as would be typical of meteors flying at low altitudes. Other anomalous characteristics were the intense lime-green color, low altitude of only 8–10 miles yet exhibiting no sound, flat rather than arced trajectory, and turning on and off like a light switch."

" Dr. La Paz

La Paz went over his records of all past Geminid meteor showers, which were the most active this time of year. He found that despite his observing over 414 Gemind meteors since 1915, not a single record of any green ones existed. He also began recieving reports from fellow scientists and students who were all reporting the phenomenon. "

that's from en.wikipedia.org...

and

tinwiki.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
One interesting thing about those two photos is that they are more or less from the same area, although they were not taken in the same orbit.

Photo AS07-5-1613 was taken over Saudi Arabia and photo AS07-6-1700 was taken over Iran.

This information and the images from the links above were taken from The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth.

PS: the images from the above links are higher resolution than the ones from the opening post.

After looking at the high res pics you can see green artifacts all over . Especially in the first one . In the 2nd you can see them in the black parts allot. Im not too sure that these are fireballs. Just seems like all the other things out of place on the pictures are the same color.

[EDIT: I only mean these 2 pics not all that may have or may be posted]

[edit on 17-2-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Originally posted by ArMaP

After looking at the high res pics you can see green artifacts all over . Especially in the first one . In the 2nd you can see them in the black parts allot. Im not too sure that these are fireballs. Just seems like all the other things out of place on the pictures are the same color.

[EDIT: I only mean these 2 pics not all that may have or may be posted]

[edit on 17-2-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

no you can see them in the distance for sure

img142.imageshack.us...

the photo link is bigger sized

but it seems there was something sitting out there

and since the pictures were taken during the first manned mission to the moon i would assume a "santa claus" would take interest

there that ones bigger

this one is clearer though and it's from the first pic link i posted

you can see w/e on the right side better in this photo

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza

Like giant bacteria.

yeah are you talking about the top right part of that photo?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OSSkyWatcher

No i mean its exactly like the green seen off the film on the side . Which is not part of the picture at all . Leading me to believe this is some sort of artifact or a green backed film or somehting. Not a fireball.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OSSkyWatcher

Originally posted by dodgygeeza

Like giant bacteria.

yeah are you talking about the top right part of that photo?

Yeah top right, if you zoom in its easier to see.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
strangest thing I ever seen.

I just wonder are these green fireballs just the same 1 or is their more then 1?

its like some type of spirit moving around.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
What's creepier is that I saw something just like that in California, about 10 years or so ago....

I saw one in (northern) California about 10 years ago too. We were driving over an overpass in a small city and one went by, it seemed really strange and close to me. When I asked my mom (I was probably 8 or 9) she just said "Oh, it was space junk burning in the atmosphere."

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
whats the possibility of it being space junk?

I mean it seems its always green whatever it is. Its like a lost soul or something.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I remember seeing one of these about 5 years ago, it was the most amazing sight I've ever witnessed. It was only by chance that I witnessed it, as I was up really late watching TV (the only TV in the only room with windows facing the direction of the Meteor). I looked out of the window for whatever reason, and sure enough I saw the most brilliant green I have ever seen. It looked just like a falling firework ember, but even more brilliant and silent.

It turns out that the Green Meteors are composed of Nickel, and the color is a result of it burning/interacting with Nitrogen and Oxygen Gases, in other words, our Atmosphere. Yellow/Orange Meteors are Sodium based, and the Blue ones Copper based. The thing was absolutely awesome. From some contacts in the astronomy field, I also found a report that had been filed by a guy about 2 hours west of me. He was driving over some mountains on the way to work early in the morning, when he witnessed the same thing streak overhead Eastbound (which just so happens to be how I saw it), and he witnessed it for a few seconds. He witnessed it about a Minute or less before I did.

I have seen plenty of Meteors during Showers, but this one was just random, and by far the most brilliant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join