It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Map reveals US Dissaster hot spots.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

New Map reveals US Dissaster hot spots.

environment.newscientist.com

New York City and San Francisco have the greatest potential for suffering. A highly urbanised population means injuries, fatalities and infrastructure losses would be large, says Cutter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
WAIT!!!

Why isn't Washington DC the number one disaster spot in the country!?!?! (oh thats right these are Natural disasters...not man made)

OK, back to seriousness.....

environment.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
seems odd that South Florida isn't in the red for 2010, what do these guys know about the hurricanes???? Maybe we'll be able to control hurricanes by then?? Just seems wierd, we're in the red for 1990 but not in it in 2010.

Guess i'm safe

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Looking at those maps with Red Dots (the danger sites)

it appears that after the 2000 map and appearing inthe 2010 map
are two locations directly affecting myself & the kids...

red dots at ' Myrtle Beach SC... & ' Wilmington NC (or very close on that lack-of-scale Map)

with all those red & blue freckles all over the contigious united states,
the 'apparently scientific' areas of concern, are 'duh' !

i think the insurance industry was the most likely source for these
places likely to experience some sort of natural destructive event in the near future..... the insurance industry extrapolates all sorts of models,

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hmm Interesting...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Glad you picked up on that. They are already controlling the hurricanes with a HAARP array in West Africa...rest well, you are now protected by the US government. Except for the fact that it is pissing off some other countries because it is affecting their weather adversely and violates treaties about weather modification. But they don't really want or have to answer to anyone I suppose, even up until doomsday.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

That is a bit odd. It's pretty obvious that the insurance companies are NOT using this map when calculating their rates.

apc

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Alaska is so screwed. Look... first they were fine then it started to hit the fan and finally they broke the impending-doom sensors. Game over man!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

you're damn right about that. I can't see how most of Florida isn't in the red, especially the coastal areas when we have all these potential "natural disasters" such as rising sea levels, tsunamis, hurricanes and tornadoes.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
btw this should be of interest to those following this article, it seems there be a factor X in all of this that would throw those maps out the window... What if an enemy govt decides to do the same to us????

Navy Research Paper: 'Disrupt Economies' with Man-Made 'Floods,' 'Droughts'

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
... It's pretty obvious that the insurance companies are NOT using this map when calculating their rates.

for sure...

this series of points on a map was most likely taken from
Insurance Industry projections...of areas likely to have adverse
conditions happen, because the points on the map were 'Due'

i sure wouldn't give credit or praise to the publishers of these maps with dots on 'em for psychic prediction or even mundane probability.

if you want maps of safe areas... go to Edgar Cayce at the A.R.E. Foundation in Virginia Beach, for maps of America sinking et al

new topics

top topics

join