It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Muhammed a Christian?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Do you know anything about Sikhism?

Are are you just blabbing with your Pride in Islam?

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Not difficult becoming a great prophet in the East. All you need to do is to smoke a lot of dope have great ammounts of sex in a great ammount of positions, say that "WOW DUDE! This thing really gets to me! I smoked the shait, I'd rather be smoke than shait" in a real psychedelic and philosophic way, never step on bugs or go to the toilet at the same place twise and then "go to Heaven" like the smoke of a fire.

But I have to admit. Life would have been alot less jollyjolly if it hadn't been for the kings of the East.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sorry, Hamilton, these Gurus never " smoked " anything.

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
No, I don't know anything about Sukhism. It's only like the 5th biggest religion in the world.

And this has nothing to do with my pride in Islam. I mentioned Moses and Jesus didn't I?

If you want to join Guru Nanak's fan club go ahead. I'm sure your just saying all this because of your hatred of Muhammad and Islam and you trying to disprove Muhammad being the final prophet, hence his religion being false.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

If you want to join Guru Nanak's fan club go ahead. I'm sure your just saying all this because of your hatred of Muhammad and Islam and you trying to disprove Muhammad being the final prophet, hence his religion being false

Thats the most Idiotic statement yet, when Have I pointed out my hatred Towards Islam?
I never said anything detracting islamic doctrine either.

Yes it is the " 5 " largest in the " world "!

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Thats the most Idiotic statement yet, when Have I pointed out my hatred Towards Islam?
I never said anything detracting islamic doctrine either.

Yes it is the " 5 " largest in the " world "!

Deep

I remember clashing with a "Zero Deep" in the past and I think it was over Islam. But if I'm wrong then I apologize.

But that is not the point.

Guru Nanak was a great man, but trying to compare him to Moses, Jesus, Noah, or Muhammad is outrageous.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Sorry, Hamilton, these Gurus never " smoked " anything.

Deep

Sorry, I was quite rude. My humour isn't always appropriate, I should atleast have added a bunch of smilies. I just think this thread has become a little too uptight, with people starting a sandbox fight over whose prophet is the greatest. They're all great. That's why we call them prophets. And we are all children of God. We are born of God. Before there existed anything physical we were all born of God. God is the First. And the Last. He sits on the Throne of Heaven and He walks among the seven Truths. He owns all the Keys. He directs every Star. He makes the Sun come up in the Morning and he makes the Moon change her garments. God is One in Everything.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How is it outrageous? What makes Muhhamed so special compared to the the Gurus?

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hamilton,

Im not fighting over the " greatness " of the Gurus, and which is more righteous than the next, just to reply to his statement that, no other " big " prohpets existed.

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
heh, interesting thread, I still reiterate my previous post.

Jesus is not a prophet.

Prophets point towards God and give people a way to follow God.

Jesus said he WAS God, and only through him would people be saved. The semantic difference here is huge. Mohammed et al can only say "Do this" or "go this way" and you may find God.

Jesus said "If you have seen me, you have seen God" "if you follow me you WILL find God"

I realise that the resistance to what is black and white in the bible is to bring Jesus down to the level of mere prophet and so allows other prophets a similar honor, and people don't have to be confronted by his words.

Jesus's words scare people, if you just think he is a prophet or a teacher then you don't have to confront the truth about who he REALLY is.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

How is it outrageous? What makes Muhhamed so special compared to the the Gurus?

Deep

I don't know anything about the Guru's.

-Muhammad was predicted to arrive by Jesus in the Book of Barnabus

-Muhammad, illiterate, gave the world the Holy Qur'an.

-Muhammad worked many miracles and predicted events in the future, like the Roman victory over the Persians.

-Muhammad took the Night Journey to Jerusalem ascending then to heaven.

-Muhammad conquered Mecca and destroyed all the idols in the Ka'aba.

-Muhammad brought the light to Arabia when it was in the darkness.

This isn't an argument. This isn't no ego game being played by me. It's fact. Muhammad even said he would be the last. Jesus said Muhammad would be the last.

Why is this so hard to understand?

As I said before, join the Guru Nanak's fan club.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
heh, interesting thread, I still reiterate my previous post.

Jesus is not a prophet.

Jesjuah was many things. If you should write down every title of honor there wouldn't be enough books. And if he was to wear all the crowns he owns, every crown in the universe would have to be gathered and cast in a pile, so he could walk up on top of it and stand on his head. Jesjuah is the Arch Prophet. Being a prophet is greater than being a king. For the king needs his prophet more than anything else. A king is above the nation. The prophet is above him, but also below. For he is with the King of the kings. Only a prophet could say the things Jesjuah said.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
gurudwara.faithweb.com...

What our Gurus Did.

It was during the time when the world was plunged into the dark world of ignorance, feudal tyranny and oppression, religious and cultural strife, that Siri Guru Nanak Dev, the founder of Sikhism, was born. His birthday is celebrated on the full moon night which mostly falls within November. Celestial music resounded in heaven. Almighty host of gods, thus, hailed his birth, "God has come to save the trouble peace to the people of all communities, preached brotherhood and humanitarianism irrespective of caste, creed, color and economic status. Guru Nanak Dev brought vision of a common humanity to a society which had become a heaven of violence and strife. He had faith in humanity. According to him, love of God implied love for his creation. Service of humanity indicates one's love for God.

"Miti Dhundh Jag Chanan Hoa
Mitya Andhera Chan Charya"

That is "With the appearance if Guru Nanak Dev, the mist of ignorance disappeared and there was the light of righteousness just as darkness is dispelled instantly when the sun rises and stars disappear".

The advent of Guru Nanak in 1469 came at a time of socio-political necessity. India had fallen on evil days. There was no security of life and property. Guru Nanak rang the alarm-bell and saved masses from fake religions. Religion then was either by form of ritual or hypocrisy. He released people from the rut of formalism and the parrot-like repetition of scriputures. Guru Nanak challenged the division of men into classes, castes and communities. For him, all men were equally worthy of respect.

Guru Nanak stressed the uniqueness of each individual and wanted him to progress through a process of self-discipline. The discipline was three-fold: physical, moral and spiritual. The physical discipline included acts of service and charity, while leading a householder's life; the moral discipline included righteous living and rising above selfish desires; the spiritual discipline included the belief in only the One Supreme Being, (the Timeless Almighty) and the exclusion of the Pantheon of gods and goddesses, in whom they had formerly believed.

The Gurus brought a course of discipline to their Sikhs that lasted for a period of nearly 230 years till the creation of the Khalsa SIKH, the ideal man of Tenth Guru.

Guru Nanak opposed political tyranny and subjungation. He raised his voice against Babar's invasion and the tyrannical deeds perpetrated by his army in India. However, the imprisonment of Guru Nanak and the wonderful way in which he conducted himself and performed the tasks assigned to him in the camp awakened the soul of the the Mughal invader. The Guru emphasised the dignity of the individual and his right to oppose injustice and oppression. His main task, however, was to turn men's minds to God. Guru Nanak opposed mere ceremony and ritualism as dead wood. True religion is purposeful and extals conscientious living, and not the tread-mill of ritual. Other than for Guru Nanak, the lamp of spiritualism would have been extinghuished in Asia.

Guru Nanak discarded all the prevalent superstations of traditional forms of worship and symbols. He pointed out the absurdity of idolatry, hypocrisy, caste exclusiveness and pilgrimage. He challenged the use of intoxicants and narcotics, and the practice of Sati and infacticide. At the same time, he advocated the maintenance of ethical values in daily life: justice, truth, honesty, humility, fearlessness and gratitude.

These qualities make a man a true citizen of the world.

Why dont you understand. Thier have been many prophets after Muhhamed, great prophets.

Deep

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good man he was, I think the preacher at the church around my corner preaches the same thing.

Nanak sounds like a Muhammad II.

Like I said before... 128,000 prophets, about 24 are actually known.

Muhammad is the SEAL of the Prophets.

Did God communicate with Nanak?

You see I can say God is good and be fair to others and start my own religion, but that don't mean I'm a prophet.

I agree with you he was a good man, but he wasn't Jesus or Muhammad.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Jesus said Muhammad would be the last.

Please. Add some more flesh to this bone. Where can I find these books?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You see I can say God is good and be fair to others and start my own religion, but that don't mean I'm a prophet.

I agree with you he was a good man, but he wasn't Jesus or Muhammad.

God did communicate with Guru Nanak actualy. Maybe if you did a bit more research on Sikhism you would understand this. In essence Guru Nanak was just as " great " as the two, but remember Christianity exploded through capitalism, as Islam percipitated in its own means.
Sikhism did not elevate through any of these means as, many " chose " its path.

Deep

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
No disrespect Chicken but not all christian religions believe in the trinity. Jesus made many prophesies. Asked about the signs of the times and his return he said there would be "wars, and reports of wars, famine, pestilence, etc (Matt 24) if I recall. I read an artice on Islam and the difference between Judaism (and by extention Christianity) is that it was a split of Issac's sons. Jacob produced Judaism while Ishmeal produced Islam. As for Muhammed???????

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Illmatic. It can only be pride or fear that stops you from admitting that "seal of the prophets" when written in Aramaic becomes "Witness of the Prophets". This means that God has chosen him among all the other prophets to be his Witness. I don't see how this should cause any problems. So, he was illiterate, but didn't he have sages to write for him? It would be strange if they had written every note in this new language. Most likely they used a wide range of different dialects. The part with "snap their scarves around their bags" which in Arabic makes no sense, while the exact same sentance in Aramaic reads "snap their belts around their waists", which could even be a subtle chastity reminder and a celebration of womankind at the same time.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Does Buddah count as a prophet? or am I totally off subject here? So what does it take to be a prophet? I've come up with a list, that others can add to if they'd like.
1. Ability to see into the future - Clairvoyance (I think that's the right word)
2. Miracles - Nature that has yet to be explained
3. Followers
4. Teaching - Leading towards a higher being
5. Dissention - I've got theories about this one.

That's all I can think of right now.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Jesus said Muhammad would be the last.

Please. Add some more flesh to this bone. Where can I find these books?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Me too! Me Too!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join