It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been attacked by "The Hag"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have not experienced 'the hag' myself but I do recall a C2C caller asking Astral author William Buhlman about her. He was dead positive that the hag is really a form of blocked energy and not an entity by itself. It manifests itself as that perhaps through a collective unconscious imagery but that it really is just a personal manifestation of a blockage you need to work through. Take that for what it's worth.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
merryxmas,

I will look further into this...I like to research

thanks and take care
res

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
merryxmas

checked out ytmind...thank you for sharing this with me.

res

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
merryxmas

checked out ytmind...thank you for sharing this with me.

res

Cool glad you liked it.

Like I said take the information for what it's worth.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
... Or you can draw a circle out of Canesten. around your bed, that will keep her at bay...
peace..

Ohhh, thats just wrong! Sometimes a girl has a not-so-fresh day- not me of course.I thought the "old hag" was the phenomenon known as sleep paralysis amongst the medical world or OOBE, astral projection, abduction etc? THere are a lot of discussions here on ATS about SP.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow, I had no idea there were so many similarities among the experiences many of you speak of, and thanks for sharing them. To me, it kinda sounds like an inter-consciousness/dimensional type being working from a higher level or something...?

Btw Opus,
Perhaps you would care to rephrase a certain part of this next quote from your previous post. May I suggest, 'regained consciousness' and just completely stay away from the words you initially chose.
Unless that was what was intended...?

Originally posted by OpusMarkII
I grab this shadow by the neck and throw it off me. I came too. I must note my arms where still under the covers , ...

Opus, Mods, I apologize for my childish behavior, just too funny to pass up...

[edit on 3-6-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
My uncle keeps telling me of this 'hag' that visits most of the men in our family one time or another when something significant has just happened to us all, but I think he is pulling my leg most of the time.

This is the first time I have actually heard the word hag outta somebody's mouth that wasn't him.

To tell you the truth, I had a sinking suspicion that he could have a bit of truth to the story until I listened to George Noory one night a while back.

Drunken ravings of a tubby man?
We may never find out.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've had the 'hag' but i always called it the entity, cos it was neither male nor female, just a shapeless black mass that seemed to suck in all the light in the room, it also seemed to grow with my fear.

I too have experienced sleep paralysis and i too have experienced the entity (in a sort of non sleep), very similar in experience...

I believe the physical and medical reasons might just be scratching the core of the whole experience.

Some people are just too quick to brush these experiences aside, but i for one know that what i saw wasn't my imagination.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

I've just read your post about the night hag being a real happening or entity. I haven't been on Ats long and yours is the first time i've heard this opinion.Up till now i have only seen posts "telling"people who have this terrifying experience that it is sleep paralysis. I have often thought the reports of terror and actual physical contact with "something" sound far too vivid to be imagination or a dream. Thank goodness someone is challenging the accepted opinion. Newbies like me would be in danger of taking the general consensus as fact if not for mavericks like your good self. At one time everyone believed that orbs were paranormal but now they are dismissed as dust motes,so i look forward to the tide turning on this misconception too.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This "Hag" has been after my wife since she was 7 or so. When she was 9 months pregnant with my second daughter, she woke up to the hag tickling her on her belly with a long horrid and dirty finger. It laughed at her and vanished.

One night about ten years ago, before we took up shamanism and got active against these things, I awoke to a hideous mewling sound that got my heart going real quick. I realized it was my wife, and she was clawing her way back up the bed to me, and that terrible sound was coming from her! Something had dragged her out of bed by her ankles with enough force to leave red welts on them. I pulled her into my arms, and something as heavy as a 200 lb man stepped up onto the bed and stood over us making the bed literally bow down on both sides of us.

It was one of the most intimidating of all of our spiritual manifestations ever, and I hope it stays gone since we have taken up protection ceremony as a regular practice. We have also both been wearing amber pendants for the last ten years or so with no manifestations from her in all that time.

Maybe the amber does work. I have charged mine as a protection amulet, so it is doubly insulating. I also now wear a medicine bag with representations of everything I love in it. This is a powerful tool that helps me get through the hard parts of life with the inner strength to carry on.

When life is hard on me or I am in spiritual distress, that medicine bag with all that I love in it is the first thing I grab.

Good luck dealing with the Hag. She is a scary B***h!

My wife's two cents worth:
I believe "the hag" and the dark entity are two seperate beings. I have talked to other family members who have experience the hag. One other also during pregnancy. My mother in law saw the hag come out her closet when she was 11 years old, cross the floor and scratch her sleeping sister on the forehead. She said her sister gasped for air, but did not waken. However when my mother in law awoke in the morning, she was unable to wake her sister who had died in the night from an aneurism in the frontal lobe in the middle of the night.
The person who said he believes the black demon was a sexual predator was right on as i have been molested by the thing. What i find fascinating is the extreme similarities in the description of the entities. If millions of people said they saw the same man rob a bank that would hold up in any court of law!

There ya have it straight from the Mama.

Peace and Love....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
"The Hag" seems to be what I experienced many years ago.

Very, very similar to what others are saying.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

It's normal sleep paralysis

Sleep Paralysis is a normal side effect of the transition from sleep to the waking state.

Sleep paralysis can include one or more of the following effects:

* Unable to move legs, arms or even torso

* Unable to vocalize

* Feeling of pressure on chest, as if someone was sitting or pressing on it, even a strangling or attacked feeling

* Feeling of choking or inability to breath

* Emotional reactions such as terror, dread, panic

* Sounds become very intense

* Auditory hallucination - such as ringing, whistling, breathing, rustling, scratching, buzzing, knocking, animal noises, music, moaning, laughing and yes even footsteps. Sometimes distinct voices or phrases are reported. Some sounds are very 'natural', some are extremely loud or piercing. It is notable that they are most often reported as very clearly "external" - not "in the head".

* Visual cues become very intense

* Floating or out of body feeling, feeling of levitation or sinking.

* Seeing or sensing a presence in the room. Often it is reported to be looking down or watching the person experiencing it, is usually dark, most often human shaped but can be vague or amorphous, or even animal shaped.

* Seeing or sensing a presence actually causing the pressure on the chest

* Numbness

* Vibrations

* Occasionally pain, especially if in a panic someone becomes very forceful in trying to move a limb.

It is easy to see how this occurrence can be interpreted as an 'attack' or 'visit' by some kind of entity. Interestingly, the 'entity' that is reported is virtually always going to be in line with the individual's belief structure. Aliens, ghosts, angels, demons, human intruders... what ever a person most strongly identifies with or fears is what they are likely to perceive. In some cultures it is even perceived as an attempt at possession by another soul or evil spirit. Not all cases are reported as malignant... many times they are reported as being comforted, hugged, or otherwise safe and cared for.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Yeah I used to think that stuff was just simple sleep paralysis too, until the sleep paralysis drug my wife out of the bed by the ankles! She was not asleep when it drug her out of bed, and I was not asleep when it stood over us. I was holding my wife with one arm and trying to push it off us with the other and there was nothing above me but yet the bed was still bowed down until it stepped off and disappeared. Nothing was visible, and there was enough light to visibly see the bed bounce back up as it stepped off.

When paranormal events happen to you, sometimes you have to decide, did that really happen or do I need to go see a head doctor? Well, I ain't psychotic, nor schizophrenic. When things move of their own volition, you got to make a choice. Are you nuts, or did that candle just fly off the table into your wife's lap by itself? Well which is it gonna be?

Peace...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I've been attacked,
and for those saying it was sleep paralysis, I was awake before and during (obviously during).

I was little, maybe 7 or 8 at the most and I was in my parents bedroom play fighting (only boy, so I play fought with pillows and all that) I have an older sister but she was in the other room, clear on the other side of the house, with the only entrance to the bedroom being in sight of the kitchen, where my mom was cooking and would have seen her come in if she had.

Anyway, it was around lunch time and I was play fighting as usual, really beating the pillow up when I changed the pace and decided I was being beat up by the pillow, and pretended it attacked me and put it up on my face. When I tried to move it though it wouldn't budge and I felt this pressure and the feel of two hands over it and on my face. I was obviously terrified and was sweeping my arms where I thought the hands should be ( I felt nothing, which terrified me and caused me to swing and kick even more) It finally let go when I was close to running out of air. I ran screaming and crying to my mom who said it was just my imagination... didn't help her and my dad told me years later about the old lady who had died there two owners back before we moved in.

I'll never forget how terrifying it was, not being able to get the pillow off or even scream for help.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join