It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2nd Coming of Christ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by ThreeNF

You mean an "imitation Jesus" will arrive in a flying saucer. A new age book mentioned in one of my previous comments mention this "person's" arrival being like "lightening flashing across the sky" and that everyone will see it. The Bible also describes Jesus second being like lightening flashing in the sky.

The rapture is also distorted in the same book. It says Christians will disappear in the "twinkling of an eye" (again, the same terminology used in the Bible to describe the rapture). But it won't be a good thing: The book describes Christians as being a "virus infecting mother earth" so we will be "removed by aliens in order allow the rest of humanity to advance to the next phase of enlightenment and evolution."

All those "crazy Christian wackos" will be gone in an instant while the "good" Christians will be left behind with the rest of "tolerant" humanity who is "willing to accept the change." After this, the world will undergo a period of tribulation and transformation (same thing mentioned in the Bible) but to not be worried because this temporary transition is necessary to bring us to the new age.

Can anyone see where I'm going with this? It's nothing but a deception being created to explain where everyone will have gone. Again, it seems even Satan knows there is a pretribulation rapture coming and he's trying to take the credit. Sorry to sound like a nut to some of you but that's the way I'm seeing this.

The Bible is not an accurate historical document anyway. So why reference it as such?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
When we go to heaven, please don't say that aliens abducted us, OK? I love Jesus Christ, and I believe that he died on the cross to save me from my sins. My bags are packed, and I am ready. Live every day like it might be your last! I really hope that some of you will change your minds about not believing. It saddens me to think that some of you will not be going up with us!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxor311
The Bible is not an accurate historical document anyway. So why reference it as such?

I beg to differ. Contrary to what you might have been told, it has survived immense textual criticism and has shown to be historically accurate regarding the things that are possible to be verified.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I beg to differ. Contrary to what you might have been told, it has survived immense textual criticism and has shown to be historically accurate regarding the things that are possible to be verified.

So let me get this clear a document that describes people living for hundreds of years(old testament) and parting seas (Moses) as well as raising from the dead(Lazarus) are historically and logically and scientifically correct?? Come on

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

"Arguments by outrage" are based on biased presuppositions. You cannot prove they did not occur nor can I prove they did. This is why I was very careful in my wording and said the things that are "possible to be verified" have been. I cannot prove to you Methuselah lived to be 969 years old or that the Jesus walked on water but what can be verified has been. It's up to you to do the research.

On a side note, not only is the Bible historically accurate regarding the things that can be verified, it is also hitting the future nail on the head as well. All the signs we are supposed to be seeing that were warned of up to thousands of years ago are being fulfilled to a "T." Yes, I'm convinced we are in "the time."

[edit on 2/10/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

"Arguments by outrage" are based on biased presuppositions. You cannot prove they did not occur nor can I prove they did. This is why I was very careful in my wording and said the things that are "possible to be verified" have been. I cannot prove to you Methuselah lived to be 969 years old or that the Jesus walked on water but what can be verified has been. It's up to you to do the research.

Its impossible for a man to walk on water or to part oceans with his hands or to raise from the dead. If true please show me one piece of valid evidence.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Its impossible for a man to walk on water or to part oceans with his hands or to raise from the dead. If true please show me one piece of valid evidence.

Althought through God all things are posable. Contempoary thinking of Jesus doing such "Miricles" goes against the real meaning of the coming of the christ as the son of man.

"Jesus" was much like you or me. He had to live life as a full mortal. The mircles are a misunderstanding suported by the bible.

However the truth can be found in the Urantia Book

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Do you not think God could do such a thing? What is that word I am looking for? I think it is faith. Again, I stress what I said before: What can be verified has been. What has been foretold is being seen. So, the things I was not there to witness are taken on faith due to what has happened, is happening, and the experiences I have personally experienced. There is nothing I can tell you that would convince you. It is what I believe and it is what I know.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Do you not think God could do such a thing?

Although true "God" and his Christ could do such things. It would be counterproductive. The reason the Christ came as the son of man was to be a "MAN".

It's part of the message. Jesus was just like you are now. Though he was the most any mortal being could hope to be.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yes but the problem is when Fundamental Christians or other fanatical religious groups confuse faith with fact, and then preach to others that faith overrides fact. With faith I guess I could believe that I was Moses himself, but fact tells us I would be crazy Faith says Mohammed will come riding in on a white horse as the Messiah but fact tells us otherwise...certain groups say that Muslim faith is incorrect and theirs is correct.(Christians).......so who is right and who is evil?...its all based on faith not fact true?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I can agree with your statement that people claim their faith is fact. Because there are so many faiths that conflict with one another and because many claim their faith is fact, something obviously has to give. All of these faiths that claim exclusivity cannot be fact. So, it comes back down to faith.

Concerning the Islam vs. Christianity debate: I have my reasons. Yes, some are based on facts and evidence. But in the end it still comes down to faith. If I believed Islam was the one true revelation, I would be a Muslim. However after looking into it for the past few years, it is my conclusion that it is a counterfeit religion. I really don't want to get into any details as I've discussed it so many times on other threads so I'll leave it at that.

I don't mean to be so evasive it's just that I used to think it was possible to convince people with evidence or to at least ask them to allow the possibility. After years of trying, it is now apparent that the entire attempt is futile. I pull dozens of historical sources to show Jesus really did exist as a historical figure only to be told He was based on sun myths. I've showed archaeological discoveries verifying the tower of Babel, Hittite Empire, Pool of Bethesda, Solomon's temple, and dozens of other things only to be told the Biblical accounts were stolen from other cultures. I've shown them detailed Biblical prophecies that have been fulfilled to the very letter before our eyes in modern times only to be told "it's just a coincidence." I've shown how Islam certainly appears to be a twisted rendition of Christianity using the Bible and Koran only to be accused of being intolerant. So, I'm worn out to be honest.

[edit on 2/10/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Concerning the Islam vs. Christianity debate: I have my reasons. Yes, some are based on facts and evidence. But in the end it still comes down to faith. If I believed Islam was the one true revelation, I would be a Muslim. However after looking into it for the past few years, it is my conclusion that it is a counterfeit religion. I really don't want to get into any details as I've discussed it so many other threads so I'll leave it at that.

I agree 100%. I looked into it with an honest eye and an honest heart, and I found it to be counterfeit also. Not just that, but I also found it to be a massive tool of Satan; here we have a religion that is seemingly tailor-made for brainwashing your average human into finding killing and murder to be acceptable, even performing it themselves. It also makes one find martyrdom to be acceptable and something to try to attain, but only if you are attempting to kill infidels whilst being martyred. That is distinctly different from the Christian and Jewish concept of martyrdom, which is simply dieing for one's belief in God. You don't have to die in the act of trying to kill others to get to Heaven. That is so terribly twisted .. it just has to be a work of evil. Deep in my logical brain I have to think this .. I'm sorry.. I wish it wasn't that way.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
revelation 7 verses 9-14

there are the ones dressed in white, its that simple, read the book again

he doesnt come back until after the tribulation

meaning all those in white died during it and have been prepared for war against the serpent

no rapture, you will all die for his glory for not taking the mark and following the beast

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well everyone has an opinion on the matter and here is mine.

Paul called it a mystery and modern man coined it 'the rapture.' It is an event yet to take place, but the actual correct name for it is 'the gathering of the elect.' This is what Christ called it, so that's what it is.

The "gathering" and the "second coming" are two seperate events. Clearly, the gathering comes first, because when the "second coming" occurs, the elect is with Christ.

No single person has all the pieces to these two puzzles. The second coming is pretty clear and concise on both, the events that lead up to it and the order they will happen. The real puzzle is the gathering. If people think people will suddenly dissappear in mass, they are mistaken. This is why Christ warns people to be careful and not to be deceived.

Be on guard as to what the governments of this world try to spoon feed you, when this event takes place. Instead of a mass disappearance, we're gonna drop like flies in our tracks.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

. . K, how about this? (and no history lesson is required, either). Now until you prove first that Angel did not do what the video claims he did, I'm not going to even try to prove that he did.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by barmshadow84
Apart from Ronald Weinald's predictions, which there have been many over the centuerys we don't know when for sure this will happen. We can only be ready, repent & ask JESUS to be your savore.
It's been told JESUS will return on a starless night:"pitch dark": Those that are saved will be taken all those that are left will be in tribulation.
At that moment those that are left will know for sure. Untill then and I hope everyone realizies what their descisions will do for them. I pray they choose wisely.

oh yeah well how come you know what when jesus is already here why he isnt even on the news. i think some body like jesus would be on the news or have his own show if ELLEN can have one come on. besides if jesus was here already where are his armies and stuff honastly comeon if they ride on horses and have silly bird wings jet and misles and bullet would like beat them and so we dont even have to worry

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
When we go to heaven, please don't say that aliens abducted us, OK? I love Jesus Christ, and I believe that he died on the cross to save me from my sins. My bags are packed, and I am ready. Live every day like it might be your last! I really hope that some of you will change your minds about not believing. It saddens me to think that some of you will not be going up with us!

jesus will rule on earth, so how will you go to heaven? noone will be there

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7

Sorry. I do believe a man by the name of Jesus did live, and was an extraordinary person. However, I don't believe he is son of a mysterious, all powerful God. Rather, I believe he was 1/2 man and 1/2 alien. That he is alive today because of cloning. Read Rael's book to see my point of view

Anyway, it shouldn't really matter what our interpretation of the past is, if our goal today is the same - To bring love, peace and harmony into the world. Do you think Jesus will really care if you believe in the traditional story, and I believe in something a bit more modern, should we say, if we are both trying to make the world a better place?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

So let me get this clear a document that describes people living for hundreds of years(old testament) and parting seas (Moses) as well as raising from the dead(Lazarus) are historically and logically and scientifically correct?? Come on

Actually, Rael's book sheds some interesting light on these questions

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

So by this reasoning, the Kalevala is perfectly historically accurate? After all it gets places and some events correct, so surely Vainamoinen really existed and was the child of the waves and the first goddess, born into a world created from duck eggs. Right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join