It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Surge in Public Shootings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Over the last year I have been noticing a huge surge in public shootings involving schools, malls, government buildings etc. The most devistating was the Virginia College Shooting resulting in a huge amount of deaths. As the year has gone by, I have seen more and more reports on the news about puclic shootings. There were two just today, one in a city hall resulting in 6 deaths including the killer, and 3 at a Louisiana Tech School.

This has made me wonder if the increase of these incidents shows a kind of hysteria beginning to form in the populous. As people become more and more stressed with the problems in their life, they see this as a possible solution or even a necessity. There could be many possible reasons for this surge, and i would like to know everyone's opinion on them. Now I know that murder and killing are nothing new, but these are different.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yes, this is different....

As the economy falters, folks see their lifestyle decline, a feeling of helplessness clouds peoples reasoning. And with the pervasiveness of firearms, alcohol and drugs, combined with macho, cowboy mentality, it is only natural that those teetering on the brink of sanity anyway, feel like
WTF, I'll just go out in a blaze of glory.

There are plenty of people that are seemingly normal, but underneath a calm facade is evil. All it takes is a little insecurity and fear of the future to unleash a monster.

As the economy gets even worse, expect for these type of killings to become the norm in the MSM; Lead off story on a daily basis.

tip of the iceberg......

At one time America had a mental health system that worked but with federal cutbacks, now wackos are treated with drugs that probably only make their craziness more prominent and turned lose to wreak their havoc on their families and innocent citizens just trying to make it till payday.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just look at what happened yesterday and today, It's crazy!

Gunman kills 5 at City Council meeting in Mo.

Woman shoots 2 students, self in classroom

Teacher is shot by husband in front of students

SWAT officer killed after L.A. standoff

A crazy start for February.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by scooler1]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by scooler1

Its amazing, and how anyone can say that without guns, those people would not be alive today, of course they would. America one day will be like the rest of the world, and the government will be able to do anything to them.

But i have one thing that goes against that, guns, make money, killings make money for the police, so do they really want people to give them up.

I agree with all of you, its amazing how often this stuff happens now, and i just wonder how many innocent people are killed also by police, all the time, where the police can just cover it up.

One strange thing is that the black geezer that did that council thing, there is not much about why he really did it, and what did his brother mean.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I tend to agree, the mental health system in this country is shot.....and now the Bush Administration is talking about denying Iraqi War Vets adequate mental health assistance upon their return to the U.S......More shootings are highly probable!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Halcy0n

I happen to think the rise in shootings is DIRECTLY related to the rise in mood-altering prescription drugs (anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, ritalin, etc.)

It seems every single school shooting in recent history has been the result of a young adult on legal drugs, although that angle is rarely emphasized for obvious reasons.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I know what you all mean. It seems that these individuals are seemingly regular people who have crossed some border of sane reasoning, and have turned into merciless killers. You hear about the college student, the husband, the housewife, the teenager. You would suspect more of these murderer's to be psychopathic individuals who escaped from a mental institution, than your every day joe.

It seems reasonable to think that violence in the media have some role to play in all this. We see murder in News, television, movies, video games, books, magazines, etc. Maybe it really has numbed people to the reality of death, and has lessened people's value on life. I am just as guilty as the next person in partaking in the violence in media and entertainment, but it just seems to be reaching new levels. I literally feel nauseous while reading the headlines on the news sites lately. This trend is exponentially growing.

Our overly medicated/taxed/stressed/worked society is starting to feel the ramifications of it's culture.

[edit on 8/2/2008 by Halcy0n]

[edit on 8/2/2008 by Halcy0n]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Whaaa, same thing in NY; when we "deinstitutionalized" the mental health system starting in the 1970s and 80s they basically just released them onto the streets which led to the big problems with homelessness, poverty and crime in the 1980s and early 1990s.

Yes, some of the "treatments" they used were pretty horrific and the conditions were bad at times but at least the people were not on the streets going on rampages and the like.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is starting to happen in other countries as well...I think Germany,Netherlands also had some shootings like this recently.As I said in another thread simalar to this one; watch the movie The Manchurian Candidate and then look at all these killings and ask yourself why would many of these people who have no criminal background or history of mental illness do these things.Not saying all of them don't have mental issues.The VA tech guy was 2 tacos short of a full combo if you know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here is the sad thing about all of this, these particular individuals take their rage out on innocent people, thus creating more chaos and confusion.

Does everyone else feel more pressure these days?

Are people acting more stressed around you?

We have been so busy with chasing the all mighty dollar or whatever currency you have, that everything else has fallen to the wayside.

How much compassion can people muster when they have got themselves into a ton of debt?

I think it is time for the masses to start re-evaluating what really matters in life.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I have never met a person over the age of 13 years that was innocent.
Have you?

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
These are all cover stories for the upcomming asassination of one of the leading presidential hopefuls. A "sudden" rash of gun violence that will consume a very high profile candidate...............

(ok DHS just a wild observation on a conspiracy site)

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Or all of this could be leading to an excuse for the puppet master to take away all of our guns so we can't fight back when the S*&$ hits the fan soon.Ala NWO and their ultimate agenda as some believe.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Realtruth, I do sense that people are more stressed out. In the workplace, in the grocery store, at home. Its like many people of said; the entire world is on the brink of madness; the major Superpowers in the world, the stock market, the everyday working man.

Geocom, I would have to honestly say no.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I understand where your going with that, and i agree. But you have to remember that guns create alot of business in usa, and also the sheer amount of them would be hard to do.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by geocom

Sorry, I am not following you. What does someone over 13 and innocence have to do with anything?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This sort of thing happens when the economy gets difficult. People get stressed and things explode. If you checked, you'd see there was a surge in domestic violence cases as well. People lash out when they feel cornered. It's not right but it has always happened in times like these.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I was scrolling through yahoo yesterday...3 school shootings 1 college, 1 elementary, 1 high school...then someone shot a mayor in a northern state and 5 other people...craziness...makes me wonder how long until they find a way to get rid of the 2nd amendment- theres always room for new laws with our gov't considering that they make they're own rules. Alot of people are needlessly dying from these outbursts. These shootings could happen anywhere, anytime. Its a crazy world we live in....

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This "hysteria," began during the Clinton White House. Columbine is especially poignant for its connection with military intelligence, MKULTRA mind control techniques, other parties doing the shooting, and the presence of psychiatric pharmaceuticals.

Because of its proximity to "problem-reaction-solution," scenarios originating from the same source, we can envision not implausible connection to the government and its obsession with patsies to do its dirty work.

Every one of these incidents is hence part of skepticism on the part of sincere researchers. It is not appropriate to call this idea a "conspiracy theory," but rather a set of conditions existing in real time and space conveying a sense of what is really happening.

When you see previously written laws taking a long time to compose, awaiting an incident, then you will see the light on this issue.

From this perspective the burden of proof is upon those who work every section of this "problem-reaction-solution," scenario to prove that such incidents are actually random, that they indicate a trend and a danger, and that legislation is appropriate.

For example consider such an attitude when watching 911 happen in an objective mode. One could already see that "if you think this is bad, watch what bad laws the government is going to pass in the near future."

That mode of thinking began because such events had already consisted of an advantage for elected government officials such as Bill Clinton. Even when research showing events such as the Oklahoma Federal Building attack were not reported on the level, Clinton said he was reelected because of it.

Why politicians internally think such dystopian strategies are "good," is beyond me. They are not good and their mask is failing and has always failed.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by SkipShipman]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

They would have taken many chances many many years ago when you have thousands of Americans killed by guns alone. So why now? Well its the media. Remember Columbine?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join