It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask Skeptic Overlord

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Skeptic Answered - ATS MIX Show 78

Do you live "Off Grid" in any way with regard to your heating, cooling, light, or transportation? Do you grow your own food, hunt, raise livestock, collect rainwater, etc.?

Sri Oracle

[edit on 4/27/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

SO:

Has anyone ever tried to have an ATS convention or similar event?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

This is a longish thread so I apologize if this question has already been posed:

Why does ATS allow threads like "Higher Light" by Menguard and "I'm Coming Clean..." by Sleeper as well as others (Flashstorminc) that foster a sort of cult of personality. Threads like these seem to attract the most new members - is that why they are allowed to continue with no real proof? If so, that seems sort of exploitive given the many emotional, personal and spiritual questions asked of these thread authors. I think it's wrong and does nothing to "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Skeptic Answered - ATS MIX Show 79

Skeptic Overlord? Have you or ATS ever had any "brushes" with those guys in non-descript generic suits with the government issue Rayban "Aviator" Sunglasses?
Not "Men in Black",necessarily, but agents or representatives from one of the "alphabet agencies": You know, the FBI, CIA, CSIS, MOD, or MI5 and their sort?

Has any thread or post piqued an interest or raised an eyebrow with the "Trenchcoat-and-Dagger types?

[edit on 5/4/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Will we ever see the return of this masked man?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I have a question for MR Overlord.

If the Senior members of the ATS staff are arrested, what would happen to the site? By that I mean, who would take control of the site until you guys are cleared or are placed in prison indefinately?

*note to ATSMix Staff*

I hope that this is ok to ask.

I've often wondered if there is some emergency back plan in case of disaster.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

ooohhhh

Just thought of another question! Hope this can be answered in another Ask the Skeptic show.

Would Bill consider sharing his experience of setting up a user-driven information eco-system in a detailed guide? Something like "Info Eco-Systems for Dummies?" This would be of immense interest to people like myself who are interested in the dynamics and mechanics of online communities. i.e. what software to use, what were the pitfalls, what would you have done differently, what happens at the various stages as the community expands and develops.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

There's a few things I'm interested in:
1) We are seeing more and more stories from mainstream news sources, do you think that governments desire to control the web may mean in the future that mainstream is the only source we'll have, and if this happens, what would this mean for ATS?

2) Are there plans in place to move operations to another country in the event of a "collapse" in the US? Collapse could mean the money markets, societal upheaval or government intervention.

3) If government were to take control of the net, and ATS was subsequently blacklisted, would the site become an underground organisation?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

My question to SO...

If you could 'clear up once and for all' ONE conspiracy theory, which one would it be and why?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Skeptic Answered - ATS MIX Show 83

Greetings! I was wondering what you thought about the ability of reptillian life to reproduce seemingly on its' own. The fact that a Kimodo Dragon has given birth without additional "help" is interesting to say the least.

If theere is intelligent reptillian life out there, and it has this same ability, what do you think are the ramifications for us? (Other than we have more fun, reproductivley speaking of course...)

[edit on 6/2/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Have you ever been "asked" to pull or remove a story from ATS by an external organisation or legal entity?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Skeptic Ignored!

Hey Dave and Johnny... Think you can get S.O. to answer the Other questions IN THREAD... some of really are interested in the answers he couldn't get to in the show.

Coven

[edit on 3/12/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Skeptic Ignored!

He will answer them as time allows in his show. We are going IN ORDER, so it really will depend on time. Since he answered the John Lear question, trust me, the rest are a piece of cake.

Dave

[edit on 2/12/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

What is the biggest topic/issue/belief/conspiracy that has caused your opinon to be changed, based on what you have read here?

For a hypothetical example:

Before ATS you did not believe in UFOs. After ATS, you now do.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Dang you Leo you took my question almost word for word!

My question was going to be: What is the most impacting piece of information, or idea, story, etc. that you have come across since the beginning of the forum? What if anything has been life altering for you?

I understand if I get disqualified.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Skeptic Ignored!

reply to post by Dave Rabbit

AWESOME!!!!
This is not a one line post... this is not a one line post.
(sits down and patiently awaits for the future episodes... I guess I need to go throw 63 on my playlist...)

oh... by the way... Dave & Johnny... you guys are one of THREE podcasts I ACTUALLY listen to RELIGIOUSLY!!! KEEP UP THE GREATABULOUS WORK!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

i have a question, why does the Short Stories forum appear in the ATS board home and not the BTS board?

it just seems more suited to BTS to me, but thats just my thoughts...

Roswell.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Regarding the Clifford Stone FOIA documents.

Are you and the t'other 3 amigo's considering releasing them, and our analyses in a print format - or as it's also known - book? The reason I ask is that I think it would make it more accessible for a lot of people, and also point people towards the site - if they think they have something to add, fof example. To me, that would increase the 'user generated content' to quite an extent.

Also, Can I have a T Shirt? My sig is begging and everything. LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

First of all, thanks for all you do at ATS, and I really love this site.

What do you see as a likely scenario for the next 5-10 years, in terms of Geopolitics, and in terms of the various conflicts that are happening now?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Darn it I thought I asked this question, I guess I just took a notion to ask. Well now I know that SO is not psychic. Ok in case you do another show here is my question...

Do you ever think that you would like to actually to hang out and mix it up with members? I mean specifically me? Well not necessarily 'just' me, but some of the really amazing people here? I have an idea, you could go on the road like a Rock Star and Dave and Johnny could be your roadies! Sound good?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join