It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad to Worse: Fifth Undersea Cable Cut in Middle East

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
its those chinese!

cmon,whos their biggest competitors?,india and us,whos allies are being hit by this,the us's oil buddies!.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rumrunner

This article is a very good piece of information, thanks for sharing this.
The implications are really tremendous if half of what i have read is true.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Does seem odd, perfect cover for putting some type of tracking/eavesdropping object on those newly "repaired" cables.

Just a thought.

those were already in place.

It seems like a great idea to me, to cut communications to an area where you might be doing something you don't want a lot of people to know about, so that way you can do whatever you need to and by the time anyone finds out............ it's too late.

It would take a group of very intelligent people to organize and cut all of those cables. It seems it would be an organization, not random citizens or a crude gang.

There are excellent reasons why they would be cut, if I were acting mischievous in that part of the world, I would definitely want limited communications coming out of that area, so I could do as much damage as I needed before people tried to stop me.

Aside from that it presents a certain level of unrest naturally.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

I bet if the US Congress takes Telecom immunity out of the upcoming FISA legislation - some home grown cables might also 'go snap'.

Speaking of the Chinese, some may want to peek at what I think to be a related thread. Its not directly about the cables, but its an interesting comment on the USA's future Intel focus.

"Senate Intel Chairman - Jay Rockefeller's- ‘very special comment’"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just had a look at the BBC news website. not even ONE mention of this story on their front page.

For heaven's sake, there's even a story about the Spice Girls on their front page. Is that more important than FIVE main communication cables serving the ME and Asia having been cut, most likely deliberately?

Unbelievable

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Perhaps they, whoever 'they' are, made a second cut on this FALCON cable because the initial cut on the FALCON cable is currently being repaired.

The location of the cut cables should give away who and why.

Who? United States and/or Israel working jointly

Why? To take Iran completely offline, shutting down their advanced defense systems for an airborne attack.

The second cut into FALCON, which was being repaired at the first cut, gives away the fact that this is intentional. Whoever it is wants to make sure those cables stay severed, they want to make sure Iran stays offline.

In the eyes of a military strategist, this would seem like a good "step 1" to an operation against the country of Iran.

[edit on 2/6/2008 by runetang]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I've always thought that the War on Terror/Iraq war was a precursor to WWIII. Perhaps Bush is going to hit the Middle East before he's out of office? It would make sense, cutting off the most widely used form of communication-the internet-so as to stop information gathering and keeping them silent.

Maybe we'll see a new war happening soon.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Construction
Transatlantic cables of the 19th century consisted of an outer layer of iron and later steel wire, wrapping India rubber, wrapping gutta-percha, which surrounded a multi-stranded copper wire at the core. The portions closest to each shore landing had additional protective armor wires. Gutta-percha, a natural polymer similar to rubber, had nearly ideal properties for insulating submarine cables, with the exception of a rather high dielectric constant which made cable capacitance high. Gutta-percha was not replaced as a cable insulation until polyethylene was introduced in the 1930s. Gutta-percha was so critical to communications that in the 1920s the American military experimented with rubber-insulated cables, since American interests controlled significant supplies of rubber but no gutta-percha manufacturers.

Link

I dont think fish could chew through protective armor wires.

Errr. that would be a fair point if it weren't for the fact these cables are fibre optic. The above description is a bit out of date.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Here's a link to Fox story that seems to say "Yes it's strange but pointless to do intentionally"

Fox Link

mikell

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Fox news is about worthless. Back in 2003 when Oliver North was covering my battalion in Iraq, they had us burn MRE trash so it would look like a war zone, due to the billowing smoke, when he gave his reports. We were in the middle of a freaking wheat field! Miles away from any combat going on.

[edit on 6/2/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
In the old days it would be the phone lines and telegraph cut, sounds like the same principle to me.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
being western media isnt reporting this, it immediately shows you WHO is responsible.

Rupert Murdoch and Co are in lock step with the Bush/British Admins.

It seems to obvious to take Iran offline in preparedness for an attack...

I'd very keen to hear what IRAN says about this?

as for the chinese, why?
With recent hackings into Germany and the US, it seems to me the more internet up the better for them.. why kill your means of sabotage?

Who ever is cutting these cables is doing it specifically to maintain Israel's connection... Its TOO much of a co-incidence for them to remain untouched.

Its official, the interest rate cut hasnt worked. The economy is falling again, and instead of '' are we in recession '' I noticed CNBC said last night ''Recession isnt that bad for investors''

If someones cutting these cables, they surely know it would only take weeks at the most to repair them ( correct me if im wrong )
And once youve gone on such a blatant cutting spree once, your not likely to do it again, at risk of being caught. IT would be very incriminating to have photos of a US Sub shown around the world, with a robotic arm severing a cable.. wouldnt it!

So, who ever is doing this, is going to do what he plans on doing before his window of opportunity runs out.

Maybe Israel and the US Are doing this, so that fast movers arent tracked and co-ordinated to Iran from surrounding nations / radar stations.. thus to highten the surprise when an Israeli air attack suddenly opens up.

Think about it...

If Israel sent in jets, they are goign to be tracked immediately then reported to iran, to enable all anti aicraft be prepared.

Everyones concentrating on the elections in the US..
Everyones worrying about the economy..
Seems everyones forgotten the quagmire in Iraq, and the nuclear issue in Iran atm.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Does seem odd, perfect cover for putting some type of tracking/eavesdropping object on those newly "repaired" cables.

Just a thought.

Uh.. that would be assuming that cover is required. You can put a tap on a line without anybody knowing the difference, so it would be overkill to do so undersea.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

Someone should look for IDF subs with new cloaking defense capabilities severing the ability for Iran to respond or effectively communicate during the imminent attack.

Or not.

AAC

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think you can rule out this being a spying event to place monitoring.

Its the first thing youd look for, and its such a public display.
If your placing spying equipment you do it in a method no one knows about it, or suspects it.

This is too much, connectivity was the principle here.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The responsible party is the government of George W. Bush in all likelihood. (Nota bene: I did not say the USA is responsible but rather the Rockefeller government under its titular head George W. Bush).

I should think this is an attempt to either provoke Iran into an attack of some sort or the intent is to strangle information going into Iran so as to keep the Iranian government in the dark.

(Of course, it could be the Russians trying to cut off the Bush operatives in Iran...)

A clock is ticking for the Skull & Bones boys. They need to invade Iran and get to Persepolis and also to the grave of Cyrus before the current Iranian government floods them in a dam project. After the Skull & Bones boys got what they were looking for in the Great Museum in Baghdad (and other digging in Babylon), they have some Persian bits to gather up on their worldwide scavenger hunt for the honour of Enlil and Lucifer...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop
Well, Iran is now offline: www.internettrafficreport.com...

This link is a dead giveaway, thanks. Something's definitely in play.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

Iran has old copper trunk lines, a few satellites, and some communications links through Azerbaijan and Russia that will keep the Revolutionary Guard, the Ayatollah's office and other key Iranian ministries connected.

Iran's launch into outer space in this last little while must have the MOSSAD and CIA quite gleeful as it could be used as a nice little piece in the cover story of why "Iran just had to be destroyed."

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I would imagine that the Iranian military would still have plenty of radios and landline phone connections. It's also, physically, not very large. I don't think cutting the internet would severely hamper their defensive capabilities for a first aerial strike. It would divert their attention and create confusion and panic.

However, their internet has not been severed. It's been damaged, along with many other nations.

Also, the link provided saying Iran is offline only connects to one router at one univeristy. That rotuer is offline, meaning it's not sending info to the website, resulting in a return of zero. Iran is not "offline", not any mroe than Egypt or Pakistan really.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

I don't know the full nature of the cuts on Iran, but anecdotally I share that I have not been able to email old friends in Qum and in Teheran i.e., they aren't getting my email and cannot send any to me. I talked to a friend in each city briefly on some terrible lines but was able to ascertain that they were alive and well even if they couldn't connect by internet with the outside world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join