It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dublin Texas UFO witness Ricky Sorrells being harassed by the Air Force. (MUST READ)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
While I beleive that Mr. Sorrels received a phone call, I have some difficulties with the news report.

1 - It would make perfect sense to me that you'd see increased military activity in the skies overhead in an area that reported a UFO. I think this guy is a bit jumpy on this being an indicator of harrassment. I think the increased activity lends more to support that the craft seen was NOT from our government and that they've stepped up "patrols" in the area. Since the unidentified craft as seen over Ricky's place, it makes perfect sense that the patrol area would include, if not focus, on his property.

2 - The phone call itself to me is suspect. I can call anyone and tell them some fictitious name and say that I was with the Air Force. Over the phone, there is no way for the person to confirm my identity during the phone call. With Ricky already being a bit "jumpy" about the increased military presence over his place, it's not to far of a conjecture to see how someone "screwing" with him could not only increase his anxiety but also have him beleiving that it was a military officer on the phone.

Until I read a report that Ricky was actually visited in person by members of the military (Which I would be more apt to beleive they would do if they were trying to intimidate him) I'll reserve judgement regarding the military's role in harrassing him.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't think a cell phone video, captured by Ricky Sorrells, exists. I'm pretty good at Internet searches and I can find no reference to any video from this person; only hand drawn sketches for Earthfiles.

I lose faith in people when they claim to have seen something "several" times and fail to capture any kind of image. One of his quotes is, "It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy." Yeah well....a photograph does that too. But nothing......

And why would he be singled out for harassment? Other witnesses have been just as vocal....

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

And why would he be singled out for harassment? Other witnesses have been just as vocal....

I do have a response for this question. Every one else saw "lights"...Mr. Sorrell is the only one that has seen the craft. And from what he describes (taking it for whatever you want to give it worth for), he saw it up close and personal and with great detail.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

You Go Girl.

I completely agree with you and have respected you and your wiliness to share your experience and help bring the awareness up of whats going on. I have read your thread too.

Experiencer's and non-experiencer's alike we can do this together and change the world.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It sounds like Ricky Sorrells is pushing to make the rounds of the UFO circles. In this day and age it is cheaper to send someone to the place then have jets fly over. Has any of his neighbors noticed any unusual high traffic of military jets in the area? I just have the feeling that Ricky will be milking his experience for all it's worth.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Another explanation for both the harassing phone call, and the trespasser could be a fringe UFO hunter. Maybe he is a local who has always wanted to see/experience a UFO up close.

Most every rural Texan I know is ALWAYS armed. Most carry rifles in their trucks. This might account for the ammo found in the woods.

The Lt. Coronal bit could have been a ploy to get access to the property. When it didn’t work, the same person decided to trespass to get a closer look.

I don’t know… the whole “trespassing person” incident strikes me as very odd. From the way the person shifted their weight back and forth, to the standing 50 feet from his house in the light, between the dogs, the “lost” ammo cartridge. Everything about that is very odd.

A lot of people would have taken more drastic action (other than staying up all night.) Mr. Sorrell did say that he felt in fear of his life, right? Isn’t that enough grounds for shooting someone in Texas?

That could be a potential alibi for later deadly force action, especially when you couple it with the threatening phone call where the Lt. said “we have the same guns as you, only more of them.”

Did I say this already? Something is really odd about all of this.

[edit on 2/6/08 by NoPhobos]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It sounds like Stephenville UFO witness Steve Allen has also had strange phone calls...

Steve Allen - "I’ve had several different strange phone calls from different people. They did not identify themselves. They just said to be careful, that I was being watched, that what I do will be carefully scrutinized and I could be in danger."

Linda Howe - DID ANYONE STATE WHAT THE DANGER WOULD BE?

Steve Allen - "No, they never did. They can threaten me all they want. What are they going to do? Shoot me? I saw what I saw and I’m going forward with what I saw, come hell or high water.”

www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Im concerned for what the military will do when they realize that they can no longer intimidate people into keeping quiet.

Those implimenting such dark spirited intimidation, for whatever reason, will either get more desperate, or fall back and re-group to design and impliment new methods to buffer public disclosure.

This is the begining of a forced disclosure of sorts. We are showing our sense of freedom and our awareness that all government agencies are not interested in our well being if posed against their secret agendas.

Good for this guy. He is standing his ground. OUR ground. Freedom.

ZG

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

The February 4 story in the Empire Tribune says Sorrels did get a cell phone video. I don't know whether it has been made public.

[edit on 2/6/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

That's a 10-4...I see it now. Can't imagine why it isn't available anywhere....

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why would our military send helicopters and fighter jets out after a craft 'several football fields' long, or 1 mile and a half long, that has ultra hi-speed capability?

What would they do? What would they do if the craft had an emergency or some sort of trouble?

What if - just what if - the craft was not ours (maybe spying on our military) - maybe some other gov't etc? Now for that I can see sending out jets and copters. To observe, chase, shoot, maybe. This may explain the reaction to Ricky from the caller - if thats even true.

Let me know what you think

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
so no video yet? figures. Why are people so determined to get the truth out, yet with hold any evidence to make their story credible? Where are these videos? If I wanted the truth out I would be posting my videos all over the plac if I were him.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There are two threads on this topic, so I'll post this here also:

This is the biggest thing to happen to Dublin since Townes Van Zandt wrote "Dublin Blues" twenty years ago. His words fit in with what's going on right now. I wonder if Mr. Sorrells is thinking this first line to "Dublin Blues" in regard to his situation? :

"Well I wish I was in Austin, at the Chili Parlor Bar, drinkin Mad Dog Margaritas and not wonderin where you are"(harrasers)
"But here I sit in Dublin, just rollin cigarrettes, holdin back and chokin back the shakes with every breath" "So forgive me all my anger, forgive me all my faults,theres no need to forgive me for thinkin what I thought""I am just a poor boy, works my middle name, if money was the REASON then I would not be the same." "I'll stand up and be counted, and I'll face up to the TRUTH, I'll walk away from trouble but I won't walk away from you"

Not saying old Townes was a prophet, but he saw things that others did not and wasn't afraid to point these things out. Sound familiar?

[edit on 6-2-2008 by ItsHumanNature]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

That's the part I find so hard to digest. I can't for the life of me figure out why the military would call and harrass or threaten anybody, because if they did end up having to snuff him out, there would be that possible damning evidence floating around, they don't know if he was recording calls. Also, I don't think somebody who the government assigned to such a high priority secret mission would lose his cool and become verbally hostile on the phone like that. Just doesn't make sense to me, and it seems the government would take the usual "no comment" position, and if they felt he was truly going to compromise something, they wouldn't contact him first and trust him to keep it shut, he would just have an accident. If the government really was trying to cover this up, I believe they would either ignore him, or if he really had any evidence, they would ignore and kill him.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomThought
so no video yet? figures. Why are people so determined to get the truth out, yet with hold any evidence to make their story credible? Where are these videos? If I wanted the truth out I would be posting my videos all over the plac if I were him.

I just learned that Ricky Sorrells is trying to figure out what to do with the video he has. I will have more information in the coming days for ATS about this. I will do my best. This thread will be a focal point on ATS for a long time to come...

Remember folks.....patience is a virtue

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

Click on the link below....

search.cnn.com...

Watch #2- 'UFO Fever'

Not 'The Shot' with the drunk and light in the sky.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A few things to mention............................

*EVERYONE INTERESTED IN THIS THREAD MUST READ THIS*

*THIS WILL ANSWER A LOT OF YOUR RANDOM THOUGHTS AND QUESTIONS*

I just got confirmation that Ricky does indeed have cell phone video footage of the craft he saw but he doesn't know if he wants to go public with it yet and he is still thinking about it.

He's not concerned with getting evidence of the harassment as much as he is that it just stops. He did get a call from someone proclaiming to be a Lt. Colonel with the Air Force. So the two articles I posted at the start of this thread are indeed true.

We're hoping the AP picks up this story.

All for now. I'll post more info as I get it. It's hard to come by because Ricky Sorrells still wants to maintain a certain level of privacy. At the same time I know all of you on ATS (like me) want answers.

Might I suggest you don't jump to any conclusions yet. Just stay tuned.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

That's close to the way I think....what's the point? If you want to shut him up...snatch 'em.

What if it's an experiment in social engineering?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

After reading the news story, it seems that those folks chasing him are the folks that chase aliens and ufo's and stuff. The only thing is that they are not the military... they control the military. Spooky folks that can "make" these air force types fly planes and helicopters overhead non-stop for the rest of your life.
Given that he only suspected that the guy over the phone was with the air force, but he never clearly stated he was with the air force, probably means that it was definitely some folks with greater power than that.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
So the two articles I posted at the start of this thread are indeed true.

Please excuse the skeptic in me....those two articles are indeed alleged only. That's not intended to impugn anyone's character....simply pointing out that there is no evidence to support truth in this matter. Just allegations.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join