It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intranet using PHP/mySQL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm helping out a friend who wants a client management system for their small business. I've coded most of the stuff using PHP retrieving data from a mySQL database. I've never actually implemented anything before and so am kinda noob. Here are my thoughts for how I am going to do this and just wants some feedback.

I am going to be installing Xampp on their server. I am using this because basically i haven't used anything else as all my PHP work here i have been using Xampp for the database. Secondly it's free.

From what i understand i am going to have to install this on their server then open the correct port Xampp uses on their firewall, or configure Xampp to use an already open port. Then add a password to disallow unauthorized access.

Any suggestions or criticisms would be appreciated

EDIT to Add: This could possible be more suited to the website design forum. Mods feel free to move this if necessary.

[edit on 4/2/2008 by iCEdTenG]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is very well possible. Most packages like Xampp or Wamp have port 8080 by default. You can adjust the port.

What kind of intranet are you planning on building? Is it for messages across the company or do you also want other features?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

Thanks for the reply, It is mainly for viewing and updating customer details. Pretty basic functionality at the moment but using php I have the ability to expand on the functionality later rather than say using Access. At the moment they are just using Excel spreadsheets so it is difficult to have an up to date copy of all the details without things missing etc. I have decided to use Apache server as it is free, though I've never used this before. Anyone that has input would be appreciated

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well it's pretty easy to set up. The most important things you'll have to adjust is php.ini en .htacces to make it run as you wish. I would reccomend using phpMyAdmin with it.

Than there is something called oscommerce. It is designed to be a webstore but can also function as a customer database. It's opensource freeware and saves you a hell of a lot of trouble in setting up the databases.

top topics

join