It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dean Radin - Science and The Taboo of Psi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hey Guys, I just stumbled on this "Google Tech Talk" of Dean Radin called "Science and The Taboo of Psi" while looking through Ellie Crystal's Elink webpage. Anyways, I thought you guys would be interested.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I searched the link to the video, Dean Radin's name, and the title of the tech talk, but I couldn't find any form.

www.youtube.com...

From what I've watched so far (22mins/94mins), the lecture or seminar discusses about the various experiment conducted on phenomena of Psionics or Parapsychology and the results of those experiments

Here's an abstract taken from his blog:

Abstract: Do telepathy, clairvoyance and other "psi" abilities exist? The majority of the general population believes that they do, and yet fewer than one percent of mainstream academic institutions have any faculty known for their interest in these frequently reported experiences. Why is a topic of enduring and widespread interest met with such resounding silence in academia? The answer is not due to a lack of scientific evidence, or even to a lack of scientific interest, but rather involves a taboo. I will discuss the nature of this taboo, some of the empirical evidence and critical responses, and speculate on the implications.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I've worked with Dean Radin through having "exceptional results" on the www.gotpsi.org website and being invited to participate in a special trial, as well as seen him on numerous television programs and interviews... the guy definately knows what he's talking about.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

The site is awesome, thank you and those you worked with for doing it. I'm going to be watching the vid later tonight too.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Great source of empirical data proving the existence of ESP. I love how Mr. Radin was very upfront about the fact that ESP studies are some of the most controlled anywhere, yet the findings are the quickest to be dismissed.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Mr. Radin is actually on the cutting edge of science right now.

How our personal thoughts effect the world and people around us is one of the most intriguing questions facing modern science in the new millenium.

And, quite frankly, through experimentation various thoughts have way more impact on our lives and the world around us than we had ever imagined. Think quantum restructuring, or inter-dimensional communication.

I recommend the book called The Intention Experiment to anyone truly interested in this stuff. It goes over some of Radin's experiments in detail.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I believe this: There might be something and the scientific world should give more attention but also about 99% of what the general public believes in such cases is wrong.

top topics

join