It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and Empty Rhetoric: A Study of Replies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I just realized a variable we will no doubt be touching on (and a touchy one at that); the mods. If we compare forums we will be comparing mod groups. Without data on deleted OT posts, could the mods be skewering the results??? With that data, could we be skewering some mods? Maybe thats why we got moved to BTS??? It is a conspiracy I tell you!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You know, I did think about the potential of data-mining the stars database. The idea didn't go very far.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Since I cannot find a way to effectively retrieve data from the search tool with more precise definitions I am going to have to put this on hold for now. Too bad, as I still think it has great potential.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WuTang

Don't give up so quickly. It's a worthy task and not quite as daunting as it would seem at first blush.

1) Does the thread title qualify as a conspiracy topic?
2) Does the OP present enough evidence of a conspiracy?
3) Do the responses elaborate or further contribute to the original evidence?
4) Are questions asked ones that pertain to clarifying responses or gathering more evidence to the original topic?
5) Do the responses/queries conform to the T&C?

Determining what constitutes a relevant contribution is not that difficult.

I, for one, would be interested to see the results of such a study. I agree that such data could be used to modify T&C, set guidelines for posting, flagging, starring, save server space, etc. It sounds like it could be used as a valuable educational tool to help us all organize our thoughts before impulsively posting our opinions.

Of course, certain forums would naturally be exempt from such strict standards. Chit chat comes to mind. Many of the "conversational" threads on BTS would not easily fall into such a rigor of formality.

Just adding my "empty rhetoric" and finding a convoluted way to say, "I agree", WuTang.

Carry on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join