It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draft reinstated, 2005

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reasonable Fellow
My prediction is that this is exactly waht will occur.

1) Americans oppose draft and war in Iraq, but are pretty much apathetic.
2) Large scale Terrorist Attack on American Soil.
3) Americans motivated both by the attack and by the retoric of politicains
that we must go to full scale attack and war.
4) Politicians Hound the American people with fear.
5) Politicians define who the enemy is. Might not be true enemy.
6) American people get motivated to fight back.
7) Draft gets reinstituted.

Gee this sounds familiar.....doesn't it?

Actually, not it doesn't sound familiar?
When was the draft reinstated before?

If there was a terror attack large enough to cause a draft;
1. It wouldn't be a terror attack, it would be an act of war from an actual country.

or

2. If it was really just a terror attack, in order for a draft that attack would have to wipe out the majority of the US and/or it's forces.

With a terror attack that large, you wouldn't need a draft as thousands of people would automatically volunteer

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The Draft ahs been implementing in WWII and Vietnam, why should this be any different this time around if we cant get enough people to enlist then we just draft them.
Part of living in this county and enjoying what it has o offer comes with the duty that when the time comes you should step up the plate, freedom is anything but free.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
"Sounds familiar" refers to the motivation our government gave us for entering Iraq again.

I doubt that we could be in Iraq ( based upon motivation of the general population ) without the events of 9/11.

Regardless of what anybody says, our government used fear of terrorism to help engage our country in an unprovoked war.

And they will do it again.

The real question we should ask is....Is our system of government so much better for people in these countries that we have a moral obiligation to remove corrupt, murderous, unstable governments? And if so, do we then have the right to use resources of our citizens to fight these wars.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What is the min age to get draft??? i am only 16 so i don't think i can get drafted yet...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Did you actually READ the bill HR 163? I mean ALL of it? INCLUDING THE SPONSERS?? Mr. RANGEL (for himself, Mr. MCDERMOTT, Mr. CONYERS, Mr. LEWIS of Georgia, Mr. STARK, and Mr. ABERCROMBIE) And s 89 was sponsered by Democratic Senator Ernest Hollings of South Carolina (no cosponsers.)

These are the bill and resolution launched by the DEMOCRATS named above, in protest to President Bush's overtures in Iraq. NOTHING MORE.

These are THE Bill and Resolution that not even THEY would back up when it came to a vote. (I remember, since it ALREADY came to one and died.)

*sheesh* I didn't make it in until page 14! Had I made it on page one or two, there probably wouldn't have been a page three.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The Draft ahs been implementing in WWII and Vietnam, why should this be any different this time around if we cant get enough people to enlist then we just draft them.
Part of living in this county and enjoying what it has o offer comes with the duty that when the time comes you should step up the plate, freedom is anything but free.

Your right freedom isn't free but with today's youth, it's not taken as serious and it's sad. People don't give the credit I think it deserves and sometimes it seems as tho it is free cause most people never stop to think about how good they have it here and how others are suffering to give us it because they believe so strongly in there cause. By the way when did u serve in the military and what branch was it?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The real question we should ask is....Is our system of government so much better for people in these countries that we have a moral obiligation to remove corrupt, murderous, unstable governments? And if so, do we then have the right to use resources of our citizens to fight these wars.

See the problem is that the majority of America does not agree with that view, and since we live in a society where majority decides you cant remove anyone without overwhelming support.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Nobody takes it serious, but once when it will be fully lawfull, anyone who is against is criminal. Am I missing something?
Only if really alot of people would stand against it maybe something could be changed, but better do it on time.
Even if majority of people is against they still can draft enough men to send to war.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
MankoW please take you paranoid self and go get locked up in a close because the big bad men in black suits are coming to take all your rights away. :lol

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
sorry to post this without reading past the first post.. (its 11 pages cmon)

but all the bills in congress for Draft are always there. But they never ever get voted through

so dont worry

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Of course the draft's already begun - pulling back-in, reserves and reanactment personnel.

Though Bushky said prior to the last election HE would not invoke the Draft, watch what Rummy does.
Additionally, they didn't expect so many Military personell to quite before and after doing duty in Iraq.

Get Bush out and slow down the Terror threats of escalation to nuclear detonation within US Borders.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Bush has nothing to do with the draft. Congress it’s the congress that brings up the bill and they are the ones that vote on it. Sure he can veto it, but if the situation is that bad he will be over ruled by congress. Of course Bush will still get blamed for it, its just the way it is.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
with all these posts i cant even find the last thing i wrote and from the looks of things, this turned into another Bush bashing hating americand draft.. the draft will NOT come back so realx and stop hating

oh and im not gunna post in this one again so dont bother flaming me

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If the draft IS reinstated it is the fault of the people because Parents are preventing Recruiters from coming to schools and showing kids what our military has to offer.They are trying to get part of the No child left behind act that gives recruiters kids home info repealed...so parents I say to you let the recruiters DO THERE job or your child MAY be drafted against there will.
On a side note I herd the Military has thought of offering free umm Enhancements (plastic surgery) to get recruits

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hunter_1976
If the draft IS reinstated it is the fault of the people because Parents are preventing Recruiters from coming to schools and showing kids what our military has to offer.

I wouldn't mind recruiters talking to my kids if they told them the whole story. If they showed them some pictures of dead soldiers and crying wounded innocent children and told them what it feels like to have your best friend die in your arms along with the nifty flying machines and promises of bonuses and grants for educations. But they don't. They present, to a 16-year-old child a totally skewed view of what being in the military and war is like.

These kids aren't even old enough to drive or vote or drink. They're certainly not old enough to make a critical decision that will effect them the rest of their lives. You let me finish raising my child, then the recruiters can talk to them.

If it's my responsibility to teach my kids about the darker side of the military, then I'll tell them about the good side, too, thank you.

On a side note I herd the Military has thought of offering free umm Enhancements (plastic surgery) to get recruits

Yeah, They're pretty desperate all right.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
WestPoint23 says:

I would say that part of living in this country is the decency to not deface the flag as you are doing with your childish avatar; but then, I'm an American.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join