It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious blue haze over Charleston, WV

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Mysterious blue haze over Charleston, WV

www.wsaz.com

UPDATE @ 4:40PM:
This information is from Metro 911:
AS OF THIS TIME...METRO 911 HAS NOT RECEIVED ANY REPORTS OF PEOPLE EXPERIENCING ACUTE DISTRESS FROM CONTACT WITH THIS UNKNOWN SUBSTANCE.

METRO 911 STILL HAS NOT BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE SOURCE OR ORIGIN...AND NO ONE HAS NOTIFIED METRO 911 THAT THEY HAVE HAD A LEAK OR RELEASE.

AS SUCH...EMERGENCY OFFICIALS ARE NOT ADVISING A FORMAL SHELTER IN PLACE...BUT IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO VOLUNTARILY PROLONG EXPOSURE BECAUSE THE SUBSTANCE IS STILL UNKNOWN.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
We should watch and see if these people develope any effects from this in the coming days.

www.wsaz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

PS. The part where "we don't know what it is, don't be alarmed, now back to Opra." Reminds me of 9/11 after the first tower was hit. "Don't be alarmed, and go back to work."

[edit on 25-1-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Interesting story to say the least, I hope they eventually find out what is going on. I took some time to read through some of the comments on that page, and for the people that live there, it seems that things are being taken seriously, and it isn't a chemical release known by any of the surrounding refineries.

Let's hope that everyone stays safe there.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
mysterious haze huh? Don't they have air quality tests that could tell them what it is and if it is indeed dangerous to people?
This sort of reminds me of the mysterious maple syrup scent that was over the New York area.. they still never said what caused that.

hope it's just an atmospheric anomaly and not something sinister.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can't believe they are just simply telling people to just go back inside if you are feeling uncomfortable from the haze.. What rubbish.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Don't worry, of course, this is an "acceptable level" of chlorine gas. There's nothing whatsoever to worry about.

They must have some idea by now what's going on, where it's coming from.

[edit on 1/25/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
live in port st lucie florida. two nights ago off on the coast there was a orange glow in the sky that looked like the sun was about to rise through a red sky morning which is normal but it was two in the morning. today in the paper they had a article in the paper, nuclear plant here in st lucie county had a pipe break and hydrogen gas was released at 10:30 at night and there was no danger to the public. so i guess they must of turned all the lights on and caused a glow from the gas in the air. it was strange because it wasnt just where the building was it was like the whole coast.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by JBA2848]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

www.tcpalm.com...

I had to look that up real quick. Now that's creepy. Just another routine accident at a nuclear power plant. Nothing to worry about.

What caused the orange glow in the sky that was still there four hours later? Something doesn't sound right about this at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
they didint say ther was. what you seen in the article is the only thing said about it. this comes from the same nuclear plant who had ther shut down swithes super glued in order to keep them from being accidentlly hit. that was a couple years ago.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
they didint say ther was. what you seen in the article is the only thing said about it. this comes from the same nuclear plant who had ther shut down swithes super glued in order to keep them from being accidentlly hit. that was a couple years ago.

I know. I can't find much on it at all. Only local news. I'll keep looking.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I really feel as though this is an important thread both for the WV and FL anomolies.

It's astounding to me that people are willing to just take an anchor-person's word/advice and just go about their business as usual.

How many other stories are there that are just random, under-reported and never investigated? People wake up! This is why we need ATS. Let's get to the bottom of both of these issues.

[edit on 25/1/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It's been raining pretty much non-stop here in Los Angeles for going on a week. I noticed a mysterious blue haze overhead earlier today, but it turned out to be the sky.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Was the location of the glowing sky consistent with the wind pattern that night?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It can be dangerous to listen to a news reporter claim its safe to go outside.
Its almost like saying the air quality is safe enough to breathe.
Wait,where have I heard this one before........Oh ya,didnt they say the air was also okay to breathe at ground zero on 9/11?
That turned out to be a deadly lie.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
news.moneycentral.msn.com...

"The plant exited the unusual event when the leak was stopped."
What does that mean???

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
not much wind just damp from small showers during day slight low lying fog visiblity unaffected higher clouds not many stars could see the moon but moon was straight up more west glow was from hutchison island where the plant is at

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Black Fox, that is so true. When a news reporter says go ahead a breath the air it safe, but we don't know what it is, and it smells like clorine. That should be a signal for us to head for the hills. Next it will be, hey, there is a mysterious haze outside, go out and take deep breaths.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
found a little about nuclear power plants on this site eyeonwackenhut.com

www.eyeonwackenhut.com...[D7DAA48C-1AEA-410F-8595-0E66F9CC021E]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I thought the following was interesting... just a couple weeks ago.

www.reuters.com...

And... a nuclear disaster preparedness drill for the St. Lucie plants in 2008...

www.floridadisaster.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join