It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions about creation...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ok, I realize all of these have been heard before, and I will probally get harrassed like crazy but here we go...

1. If god made us who or what made him?
2. If god made the universe then where is heaven, and hell?
3. Did he make the dimensions too?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Shadow

Nothing. He is not of this physical, material realm that is governed by ends and beginnings or the laws of physics and entropy.

We are told a "great chasm" separates us. Some believe that is the difference between the spiritual (theirs) and material (ours) dimension.

Probably. We at least believe He made this one.

Sorry to use new age terminology like dimensions and realms but I don't know how else to explain it. Jacob, in his vision, saw heavenly beings coming and going between Heaven and Earth in what is known as "Jacob's Ladder" or "The stairway to Heaven." In other words, they are here all around us but we cannot see them.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Ok, I realize all of these have been heard before, and I will probally get harrassed like crazy but here we go...

Humans made 'him'. God, hovever is spontaneously present and beyond any human concept of time, space or, indeed, gender. Any concept made about God will be inherently wrong because God is non-conceptual. Being everything and the only thing, concept of God leads to incorrect concepts of things other than God, and that would make that concept not actually God.

Spontaneously present. Except within our perceptions, there is no future and no past, only now. There is no there or other, only here.

Like the concept of God, heaven and hell lie withing our minds, withing our experiences and within whether we allow ourselves to suffer them or delight in them.

All things are God, all things are within God and God is within all things so the dimensions are God and made by God, as all phenomena are, but their conceptualisation as dimensions, as something other than God, is once again an human thing.

Or, lets say, an egoistic thing. Not to be specieist about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My opinion. We made God in our own image. Meanwhile we are just a thought.

top topics

join