It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I would like to share a point of view that will probably be controversial and I will attempt to explain it as much as possible as it involves quite a lot of information.
Whether it be a planet, business, war or smaller things like an insect. Although they are completely different things they all have a cycle in common that is always the same, birth, maturity and decline. This is the natural way of all living things and things made by living things. There are also ways to increase the cycle, with business products it is usually an upgrade or sequel. We now have better health due to medicine which can make sense in the cycle as an upgrade to your health to increase your lifespan.
The way humans learn is to look at this process in reverse and find out what went wrong, therefore when something similar happens they use what they have learned from the past to change the cycle and create a solution.
Putting this into play with the purpose of life can be interesting and although there is no way of telling if I am right I would like to hear some thoughts about this.

To simplifiy this imagine a start and finish line "the human race", at the start is the beginning of the life cycle that each of us starts and like a race if you were to follow the correct path you would lead to the finish but the problem is that there are so many people in this race that you will inevitably bump into them. This happens everyday with people we meet, the jobs we have and problems that need solving.
Inevitably we do not take our correct path for various reasons as we are not yet skilled enough to take it. The result is a life of highs and lows and we leave with more memories and skills that we came with.
Now with the next part this could be compared to reincarnation and it is similar but has its differences. Lets say you then start the race again as you never reached your finish line. This time you are a different person but this time your skills are retained be it spiritually as your spirit has retained the knowledge of your previous life. This new life cycle could be in the past, present or future and could even be someone you met in your past life.
The point I am trying getting to is that if this pattern were true and you apply the learning curve to the purpose of life it cannot be completed as life has not finished but if this is true the result would be one person that reaches the finish line who has lived every single persons lives, has all the skills that anyone has ever had and all the knowledge. This person would be "god".
If this is true then that means that every person is god at a different stage of gods life on part of the journey to becoming god.
This is not something that I can give proof of but if you look at anything that lives you should see the pattern I described earlier and vice versa when looking in reverse.
I have probably not covered every single detail of this but it should make sense and it is the stage I am at when trying to figure out one of lifes biggest mysteries as I dont believe that people should give in to a particular type of blind faith until you have explored enough for yourself.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I won`t say much right now
except that I basically do agree with you.

We are all one and we are all god and god is all.

so yes I do believe we evolve to become god.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just wondering, this post has had over 100 views with one reply, anyone wanna add anymore thoughts?
After all that was the point of me posting.
Any views would be appreciated

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Just wondering, this post has had over 100 views with one reply, anyone wanna add anymore thoughts?

To suggest an answer the above question: I think one of the reasons that nobody is posting is that the title doesn't track the content. You do not address why we exist (which is the topic of this thread.). You only address a possible mechanism of our existence. People jump into the thread looking for a different topic from what you present.

EDIT: Another possible reason for lack of responses may be that you posted this in the "New World Order" forum. This may make the thread difficult to track down. Another forum might have yielded more responses.

#

Given that, I think you have some interesting info, and it is a good topic.

It appears you are saying that there exists just one consciousness, and we are aspects of that consciousness. (At least, that is my interpretation.)

I have often thought that there may only be one conscious mind, and it just keeps getting bumped around in different bodies.

Suppose that there was only one conscious mind. This mind was “time-sharing” in all the different bodies of the world that live now, have ever lived, or ever will live. That means: you are actually me, and also every good or bad person that has ever lived or will live in the future. Note that we share the consciousness, but not the memories (which are trapped as part of the body that the mind is using.)

That is one way of looking at your postulate?

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Well to address what i think is the main point, how do i move this to a more relevant section as i have only been a member for a short time and i have only just realised that ive posted this in the nwo section.
Sorry guys

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
For the record, I exist to learn and to have fun. When I'm not having fun you can rest assured I'm learning. When my life is in the toilet I'm learning really, really fast.

When I wake in the morning I give thanks that I have another day to learn, to laugh with friends and to enjoy the experience of being alive. I give thanks to who ever or what ever created this moment. It is a gift, and the best way to say thank you for a gift is to enjoy it.

I don't want to be a God. There is no struggle in being omnipotent, and I do love those moments when I shine.

I don't really care why we exist, I just give thanks that we do. Thats enough for me.

wupy

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I hear you, despite the toilet training lol jk, thats where the saying that there is knowledge in knowing the path but far greater is the knowledge from walking the path than knowing the path.
Which ties into what im making a point about.
I come from a background that is a long story but I know what you mean.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Was joking with the toilet part of course.
I understand what you mean, learning the hard way.
Dont you ever question why you are here and what purpose you have or do you find that you have faith in yourself or something else that guides you?

[edit on 8-2-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Dont you ever question why you are here and what purpose you have or do you find that you have faith in yourself or something else that guides you?

When I was young I used to question the why. As I got older I began to find the answers were not out there, not in some books or some religion, but within my own heart.

If you live your life trying to make other people happy, you will fail. Find what it is that makes you happy and the joy inside you will make those around you glow. Once you find that, you will be able to reach out to those around you and help them.

You can never help another person find happiness if you have not found it for yourself.

As for faith, I have faith in God. I do not believe in religion, any religion. I am a Spiritual Anarchist. I believe the only way to have a true relationship with the creator of all things is to overthrow the teachings of man, and religion is of man.

Please keep in mind, these are just my beliefs and opinions. You must find the path that is right for you.

wupy

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well im still probably considered young just now if you consider yourself older from what you have said.
Im not one to believe in ghosts, telekinesis or anything other paranormal.
For the record though I do not think we are the only beings in the universe.
The only reason I have started thinking about these things is due to the unusual experiences I have had recently.
One example is around a week ago, which is after this original post, I came home from work and blew three lightbulbs in a row after trying to switch them on at the lightswitch. I thought nothing of this although over the past few months it has happened often. I put it down to dodgy wiring or just fluke etc as most would. The strangest thing happened that night I sat a glass down on a wooden coffee table and poured myself a drink, I was watching tv and looked over at the glass, it shot over the table and smashed on the floor. It has me spooked a little however I wonder if its something to do with me as anytime im stressed I blow lightbulbs. Any experience of this?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Let me just say im not looking for anything other than a similar experience or any knowledge as ive looked this up on the net and all you get is spiritual bull. I dont believe this one bit and will appreciate any views good or bad. Bit spooked though

[edit on 22-2-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
First of all there is only 1 GOD. we exist for GOD he made us in his imiage.
THe garden of EDEN was perfect we walked with GOD. It's also where mankind screwed up. WE do have the ability to reason,think, &. explore.
Just don't lose sight of the truth.
We here to futher mankind[although I wonder at times some of those out there], Although I'am not judging just wondering.

Also your a little long winded and dry

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Ok, I have argued with so many ministers of churches with this one.
We exist for god, why?
if we exist for god arent we just ants in an experiment?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I would recommend that you do not reply as ill just fire one after the other and end up falling out with you. If you have faith I suggest you stick with it because if you are correct you will be the one that is gifted with eternal life. I however do not believe this just yet.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by XXXN3O]

top topics

join