It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran shows video of navy standoff

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

*sigh*

The US Navy knows how big theirs are, that's why they didn't fire on them...

Propaganda is deliberate and swallowed whole by the fools who choose to believe whatever their government tells them is the truth.

Speculation is the the contemplation or consideration of some subject to reveal the truth.

What's your angle?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

if it was a seal group, what does that have to do with anything? where do you think the CIA gets its information, by politly knocking on iran's door and ask if they are doing anything illegal? We break minor laws every day, like speeding, and overlook other things, why should countries deal with eachother differently.

IMO i believe that the US may be hiding something, but i also believe that iran sure wasn't selling girl scout cookies.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

it would be an act of war to attack a country's boat in international waters without being provoked.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Propaganda is deliberate and swallowed whole by the fools who choose to believe whatever their government tells them is the truth.

What's your angle?

Okay, so using your logic, why would I believe Iran's propaganda over what the U.S. says when I live in the U.S.? DUH!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
it would be an act of war to attack a country's boat in international waters without being provoked.

Umm.....so Iran saying 'you are going to explode', dropping fake bombs into the water and aiming their boats towards the U.S. ships is not being provoked?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Another thing I noticed in the Iranian video was the appearance
of a US Helicopter. The helicopter did not approach the patrol boats
in that video but the real question is:

Why was the helicopter airborne in the Strait ?? It was undoubtedly
on a search operation hence the open side door. I did not see any
weaponry on the chopper. However I did notice the patrol boats were
on the starboard side of the convoy and the helicopter came in from
the port side. Maybe the chopper was actually looking for something
or SOMEBODY ???

If that is the case then it would prove that the US was INDEED looking
for something off the coast of Iran. With the Iranian patrol boats, kinda
makes a submarine pick-up impossible without being noticed. So the
chopper had to be implemented for rescue. There had to be a reason
why the chopper was off the pad of the ship and airborne. There is more
here that we are not hearing about. Probably some secret US spying
operation going on that nobody is talking about. If that is also the
case then the Iranians had every right find out what it was and why those
ships were conveniently passing thru with a search helicopter airborne.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
According to iran, that didn't happen and was fabricated, and it also appears that some in this forum believe the same. But, if you ask what the ships were doing there, they were patrolling, the US guards that strait because it is key to world economics, if it is closed, oil per barrel would be increased to well over a thousand dollars, the worlds economy would buckle as trade would be limited.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I thought it was more than a coincidence that this disclosure happened around the same time as McCains win in New Hampshire, as he is pro war against Iran and a republican. This was like a McCain endorsement.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

IMHO, as I said before, swallowing whole as the truth, whatever your government tells you, is the province of fools.

By extension, and probably even more obvious, is the foolish belief that whatever a foreign government puts forth is the unvarnished truth as well.

I would suggest that you do not presume to think you have any idea what it is I believe about this situation.

I've simply offered speculation as to the possible circumstances behind the encounter.

Nevertheless, judging from your whole-hearted acceptance of the "official" story-line, I'm not convinced logic has anything to do with what it is you believe.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I would suggest that you do not presume to think you have any idea what it is I believe about this situation.

Umm....I don't care what you think.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Um...I didn't see any "fake bombs" in either video.

Did you?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I think your avatar's right on.

At least you've got the proper tool behind the wheel...

And it's a good thing the proper personnel were "behind the wheel" during this "incident" in the Strait of Hormuz, instead of some cowboy hot-head who'd fire at the slightest provocation.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I think your avatar's right on.

At least you've got the proper tool behind the wheel...

Yep, I put him there intentionally. I figured some of you with Bush derangement syndrome would appreciate it and get it.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Some of us "get" a lot more than we let on...

And some don't get it at all...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The voice on a Pentagon tape could instead have come from another ship in the area or a transmitter on land, senior US Navy sources told the BBC.

Pentagon officials said the voice heard in the video clip is not directly traceable to the Iranian military, but could still have come from a high quality radio on one of the small boats, the paper reported.

news.bbc.co.uk...

there you have it , the senior US Navy source even admits .

id say this is pure propaganda

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
U.S.: Voices on Recording May Not Have Been From Iranian Speedboats

Just two days after the U.S. Navy released the eerie video of Iranian speedboats swarming around American warships, which featured a chilling threat in English, the Navy is saying that the voice on the tape could have come from the shore or from another ship.

Link:
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

That statement about the radio checks about made me fall out of my chair. I thought the same thing. On another forum they were saying the video was edited allot in the beginning. Like the part where they were dropping the fake mines. That blue high speed boat is the same one from the U.S. video. It could have been carrying allot of explosives or say one or more anti-tank weapon. The Capitan's of those ships were very ignorant in letting the boats get so close because they could have closed the distance very fast.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Judging from some of the posts on this matter, the USS Cole incident shure has proven useful in the sense of fearmongering. All of a sudden it's perfectly rational to assault flimsy speedboats with the main guns of a warship! Sort of like 9-11 made it perfectly sane to wage war on small enclaves of rural people in the guise of "war on terrorists". "You never know with 'em terrorists, they're crazy, 'em jihadists are!"
I believe USS Cole was a false flag stoke of the fire. It probably involved self-percieved jihadists though, on the lower level of operation.

I don't have any evidence of this, rather, my reasoning is strictly circumstantial.
This will definately piss off any patriot by default, sorry about that. However, i am not in any way anti-american by default, quite the opposite. I just felt i had to comment since this incident kind of illustrate how that could have been worked out, how they would have a motive, strategically, to inflict such a wound on themselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Okay, so using your logic, why would I believe Iran's propaganda over what the U.S. says when I live in the U.S.? DUH!

Maybe he's saying you should be skeptical of both sides' propaganda, no matter where you live?

I'm a US citizen, that doesn't mean I am obligated to believe every bit of BS pumped out by our politicians

[edit on 1/10/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oh, I believe everything Bush&CO tells...

...to be lies.

Well no, they occasionally tell the truth, but only when it suits their twisted cause better than lying.

So it was propaganda
Iranian boats didn't make any threats - oh well, that would've been suicide in front of an triggerhappy navy cruiser anyways. Not even Iranians are that dumb.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join