It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something may be about to happen in US soil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by plaetorian

Nice "story".
Just 2 days ago i went to Heathrow airport and it was nothing like you stated.
I'm sorry but you have completely made all of this up, or your brother has. Either way it's a lie.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Not to belabor the "profiling" but do you mean from multiple generations of Spanish descent or newly Spanish from North African descent. Would probably make a huge difference. Still doesn't explain the very beefed up security you talk about.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

right. and he missed he flight because he thought would be funny... and he also thought it would be funny to throw his new laptop bag away and carry his `laptop on his hand on a 10 hour jorney cuz it seemed fun doing so... I didnt open this conversation for you come here and behave like a kid. so just step aside if dont have anything constructive to add to it.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Not sure but I know for a fact that it has nothing to do with being spanish. First of all because he was never asked... even before getting his passport checked... and they did this to every young passenger regardless of his color or origin... Spain has long been an allied... the fact we dont think that going around the world fighting everyone as america does... doesnt mean we are not allies any more... we did enough of that long ago. I have been leaving in the States for the last 6 years.. and I did not have to pay 1 dollar in tax due to the treaties and things going on between Spain and the US... so being Spanish has nothing to do with this.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You know in alot of places in england security guards wear suits as uniform? I'm not sure how therefore it can be assumed that these people in the airport were special forces.

Also I have known for a while that most airlines only allow one piece of carry on luggage. My dad is a airline pilot out of heathrow and he hasn't said anything about extra security, just that sometimes around christmas they bump it up a bit due to increased threat.

One last point lots of security personel in england like to think they are much more important than they actually are which might explain the stupid questions and attitude.

Just some possible explainations for you

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ok...How can anyone believe something is not going to happen soon? I mean with movies like CLOVERFIELD being released this month i dont think we need to look far to see the signs are everywhere...the media/illuminati/nwo are planning something disasterous..another terrorist attack? prolly so...staged alien invasion? possibly before the 2012 nexxus..im sorry folks but the hands on the clock are turning faster an faster every day...get ya mind right!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I was a state corrections officer, for three years at a maximum security prison. My supervisors told me that we "pat down search" the inmates, NOT because we will find something, but rather to get them used to it.

The searches, and toothpaste confiscations at our nations airports, are done for that exact same reason. Its to get the citizens used to the concept. So they'll accept having their gov't intrude into their civil rights.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'm not implying anything bad or wrong about Spain via terrorism, heck you guys have had the Madrid Bombings and such. I didn't mean to have you think I thought less of Spain, that certainly is not the case. I have had good times over there, though it is awfully dry hot there sometimes.

All I was saying, is that Spain's location I am sure, makes for many immigrants to Spain from North Africa. A newly naturalized Spainard, formely from Morocco will probably not be treated the same as a person whose family dates from Madrd from the 1,600's.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

Nice "story".
Just 2 days ago i went to Heathrow airport and it was nothing like you stated.
I'm sorry but you have completely made all of this up, or your brother has. Either way it's a lie.

Same here, I just came from there on the 8th and there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Not calling the OP a liar, but there was nothing as described and I was just there myself...flying back to the states, Chicago was my final destination and I'm a US citizen with a European sounding name. Pretty average bloke really...and I saw nothing.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan
Ok...How can anyone believe something is not going to happen soon? I mean with movies like CLOVERFIELD being released this month i dont think we need to look far to see the signs are everywhere...the media/illuminati/nwo are planning something disasterous..another terrorist attack? prolly so...staged alien invasion? possibly before the 2012 nexxus..im sorry folks but the hands on the clock are turning faster an faster every day...get ya mind right!

Oh come on, this is egotism of the highest order. Every single society in the history of mankind believed they were living in the endtimes and none of them were correct. There's no reason to suspect anything different, you want to know how life on this planet is going to end? When the sun goes supernova in a few million years, until then there isn't any vast conspiracy trying to destroy you that should be keeping you up at night. There's a lot of world out there to explore, you should be living it instead of jumping at shadows.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by White Chapel

Well we will both sit and wait...and lets see who averts disaster first.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
to the OP..you say your spanish. what color are you?
purely white, darker white, mulatto looking, brown or black?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
that's ok,before I cut my hair a year ago it was 2 ft long,as soon as I stepped thru doors of airport I was flanked,sent me thru screening twice,and funny thing was I was only seeing my ex and kid off,I wasn't flying

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by White Chapel

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan
..im sorry folks but the hands on the clock are turning faster an faster every day...get ya mind right!

just this morning my friend and i were speaking on this very subject and today, i feel anxious. there are so many earth shattering events unfolding and America seems to be the focal point around the world and American citizens are so unhappy with present system of government.

IMO, the great citizens of this country have absolutely no clue as to the massive scope of the evil con of man.

This is exactly how I feel; to quote the domain owner of indianlakeproject.blogspot.com...

"Finding something like this is proof to oneself that things are not ever as they seem. That your happy little life is something rare, and that lies and deceit are common. Your innocence is over, and you have discovered a hidden truth. I now know how my uncle felt, because it became just that much more real for me."

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

You, sir, are out of line and the forum moderator should do something. You make me so very angry.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
reply to post by SKUNK2

You, sir, are out of line and the forum moderator should do something. You make me so very angry.

Because he's calling the OP a "liar?"

I think a number of posters on here are questioning the varacity of his claims, particularly those of us who have been to those airports in question during the past few days. Sorry, but there's just not evidence of extreme military beefed up security.

To me, the warning flag went off when he talked about the SAS guards "like those in the movie Hitman." Sounds like a 14-year-old with a good imagination.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Oh definitely... i see what you mean... but that would make sense if they checked his nationality...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

So as I can see you dont get a word ive said... I mentioned SAS as I could have mentioned Alpha teams if I was talking about russia or delta forces in the US. The point was not to say the SAS walks around the british airports pretending they are in a movie.. the point is that you and the rest can understand what those guards looked like... since ppl are comparing them to police.... and those were not police. Maybe counter terrorism units form the british police or other im sure... since i could be the first one to admit the SAS wouldnt show up there in the airport the way this guys did... I thought maybe an assault unit managed by the MI 5 o 6 probably the same way the CYA manages the SWATS when they have to... in the case no need for your destructive comments.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yeah, something is definitely up. When I go through center city Phila on my way to work, there's cops all over the place. It actually has been like that for all of 2008.
Either these folks are practicing for a war with Iran, or they are really cooking something up and up to no good.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Let me just just make something clear here for I see members a bit lost in their judgement. I am spanish... meaning if something was to happen to you ppl in america i wouldnt care as much as for the problem it self. I have no need to make BS up for any of you. I thought this was an interesting topic and wanted to share with you all for i have no clue why it happened and what was going on. Those that supply or try to supply explanations I thank, those that come here to waste our times behaving like kids try find a pokemon's blog somewhere else. If i was to lie I would mention my country's own airports and security forces which i know better dont be ridiculous.

You the whole issue doesnt make sense to you then dont say a word... leave the blog and all good... if it does the express your possible explanation thats the whole point of it. America has been under an Alert System which is a joke. I have lived in the US since 2000 and I can base myself for what i say. They are going mad in regards to security. Just to keep you all scared that all... meanwhile the gov keeps destroying your constitution and rights. From taking away all the weapons in the houses... to the Presidential directive 51 and all that crap. Wether there may be something to happen or not only time can tell... but the whole point of this discussion is that UK had more security regarding flights towards the US... and the US had uncommon security for flights coming from UK. Thats all. If you believe it will happen well too bad... but im sure if it has to happen... this whole security game going on wont stop crap.

So having seen the whole histeria that the US gov has going on with the alert system and potential threats and all.... seeing something like my brother saw at those airports... wouldnt surprise me at all... in fact just call my attention due to curiosity.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by plaetorian]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join