It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says markets 'strong and solid'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Nice find.

Here's a thread of mine with some background on the PPT: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did not see the press conference and have no wish to listen to anything Bush has to say. I know what is going on from reading many sources and I certainly don't need a politician telling me what to think.
(comments not directed at anyone in particular)

[edit on 1/7/2008 by Gools]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am just wondering exactly what Bush's plan is... the $300 check that went out in the summer of 2001 is not going to help most families at this point. It would take so much more than that to save most people who are in or about to be foreclosed on. This time around the checks that go out will be used for saving homes or feeding families, not consumerism.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Well after the employment reports I wounder what is going in his mind, but then again buying out people's opinion with miserable check is not going to bring a good pay job to those in need.

I will say Mr. Bush rather than a check how about a long term job to support families.

A check will be gone as soon as is cashed out and then what next . . . the situation will be the same as before the miserable check.

But I imagine in the mind of somebody as wealthy as Mr. Bush he actually believe that most American people are dumb and stupid.

Shame on you Mr. Bush you can not buy people with one check.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Bush says markets 'strong and solid'

three days later....

Bush convenes Plunge Protection Team
First meeting in Oval Office.

Fed's Poole: No Need for Emergency Rate Cut
No Subprime Impact Yet on `Real Economy'.

two days later....

Fed Cuts Discount Rate Over Subprime Fears

Marg...is this any way to manage an economy...build confidence? Cognitive dissonance alone will gaurantee global loss of faith in the Fed...the Admin...and the USD

Thanks for the link Gools...missed that one

GLA!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Lets play a game... Pick the odd quote out;

"There are no Americans in Baghdad. Never!"

"The financial markets are strong and solid."

"Our initial assessment is that they will all die"

"Be assured. Baghdad is safe, protected"

Can we really believe anything GWB says anymore?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Well many people forget that Mr. Bush bankrupted his own company, but hey he had papa Bush to bail him out.

Right now our nation is been bankrupt, but is not papa any where to bail out the American people.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiamStemrad
tevis69:

Your desire to kill off the President has been forwarded to the proper authorities for review. I think they're over in the Treasury Dept.

And I would do the same if someone was wanting to kill a left-wing Commander-in-Chief as well.

Remember:
Big Brother is watching, listening, and only those who have nothing to worry about don't have a problem with it.

Have a Happy New Year....and someday you might re-think your position of wanting to kill the President.

Considering that they have been unable to terminate "Osama yo Mama" I have no fear of the government being able to find me

And even then, I'll still take the guy out if need be

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tevis69

Dude that kind of talk is not funny and I would suggest you stop making statements like that for your own benefit. I'm all for freedom of speech and saying whats on your mind even about the President...but you don't go around making statements such as that....REALLY please stop.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i bet his pants are on fire....

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Guys, Guys, Guys!

The Economy still is strong!.......... For he and his Cronies!

The big oil folks, elitists, and the grossly rich are all turning their back on America to deal with foreign currency so they don't care how much the dollar falls.

They know it will come right back up and they have the cash to hold out while the rest of us suffer.

It's all a big setup, the housing market crashes so that all the rich can buy up cheap property and huge parcels of land and wait until it comes back up.. Then they sell for HIGH profits and increase their wallet size.

GWB, he's so great, right? (OMG so much sarcasm in this line in case you didn't notice)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Being president of a country is not easy. Before we criticize him, put ourselves into his shoes. If the economy is down and the gov't is helpless, what can they tell you? Of course, they can't come out and say "we're in trouble" as that will make things worse. So he is forced, as the leader, to lie to keep our confidence. The most important thing is not to mind what he says but look at what he and the gov't can do for us. But as the whole world economy is spriling down, we just have to ride with it and can't put all the blame on the gov't. We can scrutinize him if he tells lies about Iraq, Iran, etc...but with economy, the lie is acceptable - it's not denial either (as no matter what he says, he and us all know the true state of the economy), but as a leader his job is to help the country and one of the ways to to lift our spirits. I believe Lies are okay if they help others.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 123glory

There is some truth in what you say. However, lies rarely help anybody. And when those lies are done by government leadership, that is especially true.

It is one thing to describe the glass half full. But it is altogether a different matter to describe the glass as a swimming pool.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join