It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POT - the miracle plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The medical Marijuana people may be using the wrong tactic on getting Hemp legal. They need to show what the other products that can be created from Hemp (the original name of marijuana), for example: gasoline from the oil of the seeds, lubricants, plastic, paint. From the bio-mass: paper and cloth, along with the pain relief, and lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.

Benjamin Franklin owned one of the first paper mills in America and it processed hemp. Also, the War of 1812 was fought over hemp. Napoleon wanted to cut off Moscow's export to England; Emperor Wears No Clothes, Jack Herer.

* For thousands of years, 90% of all ships' sails and rope were made from hemp. The word 'canvas' is Dutch for cannabis; Webster's New World Dictionary.

* 80% of all textiles, fabrics, clothes, linen, drapes, bed sheets, etc. were made from hemp until the 1820s with the introduction of the cotton gin.

* The first Bibles, maps, charts, Betsy Ross's flag, the first drafts of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were made from hemp; U.S. Government Archives.

Quality paints and varnishes were made from hemp seed oil until 1937. 58,000 tons of hemp seeds were used in America for paint products in 1935; Sherman Williams Paint Co. testimony before Congress against the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act.

* Henry Ford's first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONTRUCTED FROM HEMP! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, 'grown from the soil,' had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941.

www.world-mysteries.com...

The following is more information about the medical assistance of Pot.

www.world-mysteries.com...

Now that I can see the potential of Hemp, I can understand why it is illegal. Big oil, Big Pharma and the timber industries would be affected by the introduction of one plant that could be useful in all their industries, and of course they have all the politicians, except for Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich, in their back pockets.

Now that is a Conspiracy

Peace

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I remember seeing a US propaganda or wartime B/W movie reel on hemp called I think "Hemp for Victory" which mentioned all this stuff and either that one or another with an image of a car body made of hemp plastic with a guy slamming it over and over with a sledghammer which just bounced off! no major damage, hmm big steel wouldnt like that either.
youtube.com...

[edit on 1-1-2008 by aussiespeeder]
car vid here
youtube.com...

[edit on 1-1-2008 by aussiespeeder]fuel for modern cars too!
youtube.com...
damn those youtube links are finiky, back to posting school for me

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well, it is good to know that the government is here to protect us from ourselves. To imagine that some people think those things you have listed would actually benefit the people.... We can't have that now can we.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Not only in the US was it banned...

BANGLADESH actually means "people of the hemp" their word for marijuana was "BHANG", get it? Well the US almost eradicated the regions croppers with a little chemical called agent orange, nice.
(and yes I will post a link to prove it when I find it)
Got to cut out the competition eh!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It is so funny when all the potheads try to come up with "good" excuses why pot should be legal
like they really would wear hemp clothing and use hemp rope...
whatever! anything that can be made with hemp can be made much better and stronger with cotton or modern plastics and chemicals.
POT SMOKERS GIVE IT A REST, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! FIND A NEW DRUG!

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Dont Hate Rats]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If you look closely into the history of hemp you would realize that it was banned for those very reasons and not because one variety happens to become a drug when smoked. It produces more oxygen then a similar plot of trees, more pulp then trees to use for paper, recyclable plastic which is stronger then ordinary plastic and a wide variety of assorted other things. So why would such a great plant be looked on as a criminal drug?

Simply because the corporations who owned the plastics, oil, pulp and other industries lobbied to make it illegal so that they could charge the consumer more for diversified products. Even the common name, marijuana, is part of their smear campaign as it is simply taken from a mexican swear word. If you want evidence of a New World Order type organization which tries to control the people look no further then the history of hemp in the United States.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Topic is already being discussed here

RATS is a restricted forum which can be purchased through your Member Center.

Thread closed

[edit on 1/1/08 by masqua]

new topics

top topics

join