It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are most Gays Democrats?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dont Hate Rats

HAHAHAHA....youv'e got to be kidding....why would any gay person even tell their own family, let alone anyone else, about their own oreintation, if they live a state like alabama? the red states have all the closeted gays, scared sh-tless to come out. and your "study" sounds like it came right out of the republican playbook. besides, look at all the deviant republicans that had to leave the congress. but you did give me a good laugh today...so thanks.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
How would any of us know what all homosexuals do with politics. Nowadays, many people are not even interested in the voting process in America.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Just a note of interest:

As of midnight tonight, New Hampshire (a RED state) will become the 4th state to legalize civil unions. They're smack in the middle of ssc's.

Where does that fit on your maps?

Happy New Year!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

ok, ok, gormly... i will write fox news to quit bashing republicans...and i'll call rush limbaugh to quit bashing republicans... and i'll write sean hannity to quit bashing republicans on radio and T.V... and micheal savage on radio... and glen beck on CNN...and tucker carlson on MSNBC...and the white house staff when they go on the sunday talk shows...and all the talking heads on the business channel CNBC. and the folks at the washington times and the wall street journal and, and, well, you can see that the ENTIRE NEWS MEDIA is out to bash republicans!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm surprised there hasn't been more conspiracy talk on this site regarding the President's purported or apparent sexual orientation. It all boils down to whether or not Jeff Gannon (real surname Guckert) is also a prostitute, and whether or not ol' W kissing him (fairly passionately) on the forehead in public means anything... Y'know, the closeted gay ultraconservative is likely of the politically more-nasty persuasion primarily out of a sense of frustration, inferiority...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I wonder, do a lot of gay people live in blue states? Or are the states blue because a lot of gay people were living in them?? Either way, as gay people seem to be more liberal (enlightened), that may explain the connection. I live in Minnesota, and we have lots of gay Democrates, but we also have a number of gay Republicans. Now that I think about it, we have a large number of straight Democrates, and a large number of straight Republicans. Wouldnt you think these people would look at the maps before they moved somewhere? We might all be living in the wrong states and have to move, LOL.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
As of midnight tonight, New Hampshire (a RED state) will become the 4th state to legalize civil unions. They're smack in the middle of ssc's.

Where does that fit on your maps?

First of all Becky, they are not my maps. talk to these people concerning their accuracy: www.gaydemographics.org...

second they are from the past census report and that is a couple of years old, so no New Hampshire will not be there yet, give them a couple years.

and last but not least my theory that MOST gays are Democrats still stands.

www.thetaskforce.org...

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Dont Hate Rats]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
your "study" sounds like it came right out of the republican playbook.
No, this isn't my study. This information cme from your side of the fence Check it out:
www.gaydemographics.org...
and
www.thetaskforce.org...
(Gay and Lesbian Task Force website)

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by waterguy
I wonder, do a lot of gay people live in blue states? Or are the states blue because a lot of gay people were living in them??

You know what I amwondering? Who is more offended by this thread, the Democrats or the gays????

(For the record this thread was started simply as an observation as I stated before and not intended to be offensive to either group)

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats

Do I think most democrats are gay? according to the maps, yes.

Wow, sounds like you didnt even bother to READ the information of the maps you provided. Poor form DHR.

*sigh*...lookit, it is very simple, you move your crayons out of the way and place your green and white map next to your blue and red map,
now let me explain something to you, pay attention... the darker green states have a higher concentration of gays. the blue states have the higher concentration of Democrats....

see the resemblence? now go outside and play.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Dont Hate Rats]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
All of the homosexual people that I know are Democrat. They are all staunchly anti-republican.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

"Do I think most democrats are gay? according to the maps, yes."

According to the information on the maps you came to the conclusion most democrats are gay and therefore, by default, you are mistaken. I did the basic math for you, I even made sure the field was was fair. Please don't dismiss me as if I were a child, the point I made is clear and logical. You made a statement, the one I quoted above that is easily seen as false.

Now if your quote were to have said, "do I think most gays live in Democratic states, according to the maps yes" then your statement would have been, according to the maps, true. This is a far different statement than the one you made. Though only a few words change the entire meaning of the statement changes.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Animal]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Being Gay does nothing for the gene pool, but it should not worry those who like females in all there glory. We who love the female form are blessed. They are opposites in so many ways, but they can provide us children and decades of all the good things any relationship can. Women are bountiful and beautiful things.

I do believe a child needs a Father and a Mother though. The balance of the two if they are decent people is invaluable. I say this from personal experience

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

According to the information on the maps you came to the conclusion most democrats are gay and therefore, by default, you are mistaken.

Would you say that 77% of something is qual to "most" of something?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

According to the information on the maps you came to the conclusion most democrats are gay and therefore, by default, you are mistaken.

Would you say that 77% of something is qual to "most" of something?

If you are referring to the Voting block break down you posted, you are once again misreading the data you are posting. That is saying the 77% of gays and lesbians vote democratic. NOT that 77% of democrats are gay.

Your points are weak, at best, and your refusal to see you mistakes (something we all make and not something that would make you less than or worse than me or others here) makes discussing this topic with you pointless. So maybe you should "move your crayons out of the way" and read and think before you post or simply "go outside and play".

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'd just like to know, what's the purpose of this thread? Really? It's beyond my comprehension. Btw, I'm not gay and haven't played one on TV.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'd just like to know, what's the purpose of this thread? Really? It's beyond my comprehension. Btw, I'm not gay and haven't played one on TV.
The purpose of this thread was an observation of the higher percentage of gays living in blue states as clearly shown on the two maps. I found it curious to see the similarities and thought others would also.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

My point is that "most" (77%) of gays are Democrats.
Now show me some proof as to where I am wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The purpose of this thread was an observation of the higher percentage of gays living in blue states as clearly shown on the two maps.

Spurious reasoning at it's best imo. How do you gauge those in the "red" states? Certainly going to have a hard time in "red" states if gay. I'd go as far to say that the closet is MUCH bigger in "red" states. "Red", funny really. 50 years ago that would have gotten you on McCarthy's pro-American, "you don't want to be" on this list.

Personally I see this as a way to paint Dem's as "gay supporters", if not gay themselves. What's wrong with that? I'll counter, what's wrong with being gay? Please don't spew biblical tripe. This is the 21st century.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I see nothing wrong with being gay...other than their voting preference.

But seriously. I didn't invent the statistics, the facts are in the links I provided. Surely you are not posting without having read the material provided.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join