It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Political Pandora's Box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hey guys, Im new to this site and sorry, I hate talking politics but something needs to be mentioned, maybe it's important and maybe its not, so here goes:
If Obama was enrolled in a madressa it means he was considered muslem, right, because of his birthright, passed down from his ancestral roots, no one is disputing this, right.
He moves to America and loe and behold says the magic words and poof he becomes a Christian, right, only in America, under the Muslem radar.
I think Sharia law states once you are muslem there is no turning back and if you do try to convert then a price of DEATH will be placed on your head and the hitman will be martyred and blessed with 70 virgins on the hitmans death especially if a non muslem eliminates the hitman.
Now it leads us to the thought if Obama gets elected then he will have a price on his head because he defyed Islam and Obama will not be allowed to enter any Muslem controlled country for fear of assassination, right.
Now it seems as though nothing is being said by any Muslem group anywhere in the world about this key issue, why????
Maybe the Islamic rulers see away of getting a Muslem into the Oval office and a strong Christian out so a religeous war is averted because the Muslems feel America is against them, but to me this seems of showing signs of their false intentions and so they are lying to the world and putting this importanbt issue under the rug, until a later moment to spring it onto the American public and as well the world, because as I said once you become Muslem there is no turning back and so all Muslems in the world are just hoping Obama gets elected and then he will announce his true roots after in power, the Muslems seem to be holding back from speaking about this important issue, dont you think, wow, I said it. gwhint

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Interesting take on this...

I am not sure about the "Once a Muslim, always a Muslim" concept, but it would be interesting to see what other Muslims have to say on the subject...

He was after all a child when he attended the school and not in control of his own destiny...

Just a note that I would not vote for him simply because he is a democrat, his being a Muslim is not relevant to me in the least...

Semper

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thanks semperfortis,
for your response and I agree with you as to who gets elected, I dont hold any prejudices, but I really feel as though the world is watching this next election and so everything needs to be put on the table, right.
We don't need any more mud slinging especially from our so called enemies in the world that we are trying to help with the blood of our treasured soldiers, so it's important to get this issue out of the way and for the world to watch what we do as American people, to stand up to the views the world will be labeling onto our heads.
You see the world still considers us a young niave & wet behind the ears society in the political sense and so we will show the world with our eyes wide open, just how to deal with this crucial issue as to the Sharia laws in America, wow, where did this come from, I must be getting direction from one of my Shadow beings, lol, gwhint

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't know about your "Shadow Beings" (You can keep them thank you LOL)

But I think you have a good grasp on the subject...

There are as many things that are NOT brought up in an election as ARE brought up and for various reasons...

Here is the "Snopes" page that explains a lot..

Snopes

Now Snopes has to be taken with a grain of salt as well, but they are predominantly correct in issues such as these...

Semper

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Thanks again for the site and as I said I hate to speak of politics so I ignore so much important issues that affect us, but this subject seems like it is not being addressed.
To a Muslem it is in their best interest to have a fellow comrade in such a powerful position as the leader of the world, right, so they are not going to raise this issue and they will not put a price on his head because Obama is attaining the most powerful position in the world, right.
But they go against their own philosophy of Obama being a traiter to their religeon, sense he openly states he has converted, this is going to be a political bombshell to America when the truth comes out, dont you think. gwhint

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I would never discount your theory... There is always the possibility of conspiracy.. (That's why I am here on ATS)

What you are suggesting is very possible and scary as all get out...

I don't see him defeating Hillary though. much less the Republican Candidate, who ever that may be...

We will just have to wait and see and of course keep putting the word out like you are doing...

Semper

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Could it turn into a Muslem world blackmail situation because Obama and his entire cabinet can not be so stupid as to look at this from different shoes like say the Muslem world's point of view, right. So they will just wait it out and hope for their best or as we say in their best interests. I am starting to think maybe I should have kept my mouth shut, but it just seems to me to be something of importance, that needs to be addressed before the snowball rolls downhill or the sh** hits the fan. This definitely sounds of a conspiracy coming and I certainly dont want to think my country will be blackmailed for more concessions in that part of the world, right, its cost us enough!!! BLOOD & MONEY & OIL. gwhint

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted by gwhint
. . Obama [is] considered [a] Muslim, right, because of his birthright, passed down from his ancestral roots, no one is disputing this, right.

I think this is considered “public knowledge” and is not disputed. I think he is now a converted Protestant, a Methodist I think.

I think Sharia law states once you are Muslim there is no turning back and if you do try to convert then a price of DEATH will be placed on your head

I know ONLY what I hear about Muslims, Islam, Sharia and so on. My take on religions is this: Judaism was violent and bloody, see Joshua and Judges and the 2 Kings. Christianity has been violent and bloody, especially when orthodoxy was hunting down the un-orthodox who they labeled as heretics. It is hard to estimate how many people Christian killed in the Name of God - read the diary of a fellow conquistador of Cortez who describes stacking live Aztecs bound hand and foot, on top of each other, as high as they could reach, then setting them alight, burring them to death, so the Dominican priests could pray their “liberated” souls into Heaven.

The English put the French Joan of Arc to a similar death. It is generally agreed the Wars of Religion in Europe ended with the 1648 Peace Treaty of Westphalia which is on the internet and makes for interesting reading. Aside: The longest period of peace and tranquility ever enjoyed by Jews outside of Palestine was under the Muslims in Spain. From 711 AD to 1492 AD. When the last Moors were expelled from Spain, the Catholic Spanish immediately instituted anti-Jewish pogroms, ordered the wearing of yellow cloth and finally, forced conversions on very real threat of death. Today there are FEW Jews in Spain or Portugal.

So what’s to be gained by accusing Muslims of violence? As if Jewish persons (Israelis) are not engaged in ethnic cleansing in Gaza and the West Bank as we write? I prefer to think of violence as the weapon of last resort. You push anyone far enough and he (or she) will respond with any weapon at hand. As they say, “One man’s terrorist is another man’s patriot.” It depends on your perspective more than on any fixed values.

And we Christian-types are killing unarmed civilians* by the hundreds if not thousands in Iraq and Afghan on the premise that someone from Arabia harmed us 7 years ago. WE claim a right to go on killing for years as an act of simple vengeance and as a warning to any others - we’ll kill you too! We ignore civilian casualties. We count our dead GIs which is closing in on 4,000. The UN estimates 80,000 Iraqis have been killed since 3/18/03. We ignore also our killing of 800,000 (our number) civilians in Vietnam (3,000,000 they say). All that human slaughter of men, women and children, is called “collateral damage.” You'd think we'd have enough respect to at least label them as "people" or "humans?" see Orwell's "1984" Newspeak.

Now it seems as though nothing is being said by any Muslim group anywhere in the world about this key issue, why???? Maybe the Islamic rulers see a way of getting a Muslim into the Oval office and a strong Christian out . .

Mark 12: 28 “Again, a scribe came to Him and asked Him a question, "Which is the first commandment of all?" It was a question that the teachers of the church disputed about. The Lord answered, "Hear, 0 Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

Maybe George W missed Sunday School that day?

. . because as I said once you become Muslim there is no turning back and so all Muslims in the world are just hoping Obama gets elected and then he will announce his true roots after in power, the Muslims seem to be holding back from speaking about this important issue, don’t you think . .

First, I do not believe Obama will get the Dems nomination. Second, I have no reason to doubt the sincerity of his conversion. Third, if you love the Constitution of the United States, then I refer you to Article 6, Clause 3, which says in part: “. . but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

*I don’t like the term “innocent” as it is used all too frequently. It evokes a value judgment whereas the term “unarmed” is both factual and neutral.

[edit on 1/1/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

Thanks for your words of wisdom Don,
We know where Obama stands, but if he is looking thru rose colored glasses then he will never see which way the bullets will be coming and as you know anyone from that part of the world take their religion very seriously and how many times did you read about people changing their religion and getting a price put on their head of death.
The only difference with Obama is he is an American, but the rules of the Sharia dont change, so his life will be in danger if he goes into that part of the world and no ME leader will accept him or rather they will spit on him, so if he did get elected there would be so many problems for him and America again being generated from the ME, all because of him changing his colors (religion), wow, where would Isreal stand on this issue??
What trouble lies ahead for us again, or will there be a conspiracy or blackmail on him to hold the position of President of USA, the watchdog of the world, or does Obama have something else up his sleeve and the Muslem world is keeping quiet, thereby a coverup and then he comes out of the closet with his beliefs and possibly a Muslem will be the president of USA.
It seems as though no one from the repub side are speaking up, but then maybe they will at the right time, so they are holding their ace in the hole, so to speak. It would be interesting to know the views of the Muslem American vote and as well as some of the minorities as well but what would the Muslem view from the ME ortherestof the World think of Obama would they except him or reject him.
Could the moral majority of americans take such a big scandel, if it did turn out to be, but for sure the Islamic world would love it, right, maybe my suspicions are of very little importance, gwhint

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gwhint

Thanks for your words of wisdom Don

You are more generous than I deserve.

We know where Obama stands, but if he is looking thru rose colored glasses then he will never see which way the bullets will be coming and as you know anyone from that part of the world take their religion very seriously and how many times did you read about people changing their religion and getting a price put on their head of death.

Yes, 2 examples come quick to mind. The first was the author of a book in Iran and the second was a film maker from the ME killed in Holland. And of course, Ms. Bhutto’s assassination had overtones of extremism. I heard several commentators say she was TOO close the US. Which happens to also be Musharraf’s major concern, too, for his government and his life.

But look, Jewish people did that first. Then Christian people did that. Maybe the Muslims will (soon) morph past that point in their history too? Read Isaiah 66 for a refresher on how GOD treats his enemies.

The only difference with Obama is he is an American, but the rules of the Sharia don’t change . . no ME leader will accept him . . if he did get elected there would be so many problems for him and America . . from the ME, all because of him changing his colors (religion), wow, where would Israel stand on this issue?

Well, you mentioned Israel. I hope you can understand why I have said since September 12, 2001, that the Arab-Israeli conflict is Cause One for the Osama bin Laden’s of the world. There will never be peace in the Middle East until that issue is FAIRLY resolved.

You should recall from history that in 1948, the UN dominated by the US, “awarded” the Jewish Holocaust survivors a homeland in the old British Protectorate of Palestine; that set up the by League of Nations in 1922. NO ONE ever asked the Arabs who lived there if they wanted to give up half their land to new in-coming Jewish persons from around the world.

The Arabs resisted. Quickly came the War of Independence (Jewish label). The Jewish people were the victors and the war was ended by an Armistice in 1949. Great Britain had pulled out of Palestine leaving the Palestinians - Arabs who live in Palestine - with NO government. Truman Democrats promised Egypt’s Nasser to help build his dream, the Nile River High Dam at Aswan. (Much like China’s Three Gorges Dam on the Yangtze). Eisenhower Republicans withdrew the offer.

Nasser seized the only revenue generating property in Egypt, the Suez Canal. The UK and France later joined by Israel dropped paratroops into the area and soon had the Suez Canal under their control. Eisenhower however felt that a blatant violation of the UN Charter could not stand so he ORDERED the 3 powers OUT of Egypt. The Arab world was 97% poverty stricken, 2% professional classes and 1% ruling oligarches. Much as it is today. Q. How is it the RICHEST area in the World is filled with deep unremitting poverty of the great majority of its inhabitants?

In 1967, the famous Six Days War saw Israel defeat first Egypt, then Jordan and finally Syria in 6 days. Then as GOD did in Genesis, the Jewish people rested! If the Arabs will accept their defeat as final, and concede the territories lost to the Jewish people (in contradiction of the UN Charter) then peace might have been accomplish then. 1967.

The Palestinians have had the misfortune to have POOR leaders for a variety of reasons. (Sort of like us). Aside: When the Palestinians finally decided to have a REAL election, in January, 2006, the world cheered. When Hamas won the election, the US and Israel balked. Hey, democracy good when it goes our way, democracy bad when it goes their way. Hmm? So much for being serious about democracy.

I must end due to the 10,000 worlds limit, but you can see this is not a simple problem to solve and I hope you can see a lot of justice and injustice on the side of the Arabs (Palestinians).

It seems as though no one from the GOP. side are speaking up, but then maybe they are holding their ace in the hole, so to speak. It would be interesting to know the Muslim view from the ME or the rest of the World think of Obama would they except him or reject him . . maybe my suspicions are of very little importance, gwhint

You should already know how low I regard the GOP. Anything is possible with them. Believe me. Richard Nixon gets credit for “inventing” dirty tricks in presidential politics. It gets worse, not better. Your suspicions are very real and are important, so don’t discount yourself.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

It seems as though we can not get any of our Muslem or ME ATSer's to respond to this subject and I was really hoping they would, just to add some flavor to this critical issue, but I am quite impressed on your history & worldly views, have you ever been in the ME or anywhere else for that matter outside CONUS, gwhint

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted by gwhint
I am quite impressed on your history & worldly views, have you ever been in the ME or anywhere else for that matter outside CONUS?

[edit on 1/1/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hi guys, I just have to put in my two cents worth. First I have to ask, why are you guys just being satisfied with stumbling in the dark? Semperfortis provided a link (Snopes) that debunks conclusively the claim that Obama is or was a Muslim. Obama was never a muslim! He first went (in Indonesia) to a Catholic school for two years and then to a public school for two years. The public school was open to all religious faiths! Log on to the Snopes link and get acquainted with the facts instead of this wild speculation! In fact his parents were atheists! Now shouldn't you be concerned that a closet atheist may become president of the USA instead of a muslim? By your logic that should be our concern, inspite of the fact that he was a practicing christian for years before even thinking of running for political office!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So, what, the problem is that his name isn't "John Quincy Whitington" and the fact that the Arabic word for school is "madrassa?" (Crazy fundy school, public school, charm school, it's all madrassa)

What a weird thing to point at. If you want to criticize him as a candidate, you could go for the fact his votes are way more wishy-washy than his rhetoric, or something. But his name?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameneter

Thanks Ameneter for stepping in and as you know ATS is for conspiacy buffs and getting to the truth, right, so we also like to question issues on SNOPES, ok.
What I am very much interested in knowing is how the rest of the world especially the Muslem and ME, will be doing business with Obama. Dont you want to know if they snub him because of his ancestral roots and his middle name is the dead givaway as to his roots, dont you think. Do you know of any christian with the name of Hussein, I dont. So we know he went from muslem roots for his grandparents to his parents (father) as a practicing atheist, so this made Obama an atheist, right.
Then to a born again christian and all of this taking place in America, did I get it right, so my question is how will the rest of the world warm up to Obama if he became president, will they spit on him because he went from an atheist to a christian but in the Muslem eyes he would be an INFIDEL, right.
Maybe it will benefit the USA by the Muslem world snubbing us, so Obama will be able to use stiff arm tactics on all of the countries currently draining our society of our prescious Soldiers blood and our aid of money and products, but what will happen to the oil from the Muslem countries, this is the big question, so maybe we need to ask Al Jazeera and other ME information buffs of their opinions, right.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Obama may not be a Muslim, but Hillary Clinton's chief aide, Huma Abedin, is.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gwhint

A Muslim is not Muslim from birth. One must swear affirmation before your peers that you believe there is no god but God, and that you believe Mohammed is his prophet. You must then further back it up with practice of the five pillars of Islam, etc.

Obama is not a Muslim. He has never been a Muslim. And I seriously doubt most of the world's billion and a half Muslims could give a damn what the guy is, was, or wants to be.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Walking Fox

Thanks Walking Fox for your keen insight and I do hope you are right, because we just dont need any more rain on our parade to the White House.
I would like to hear from someone from the Muslem world or even Isreal though, on their feelings about Obama, but like so many of us, politics is a bad word and it shows even on ATS that PTS gets ignored. But I hope you are right and it will flow smoothly under the Muslem Radar.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Obama was born in America. You can't run for president unless you are. His father was from Kenya and his mother from Nebraska. Neither place is predominantly Muslim. I believe both his parents were atheists, and he himself is a Christian. I don't think many Muslims are concerned about his religion, nor do I think Israel would have any difficulty dealing with him diplomatically. I agree with Semperfortis that his religion shouldn't be an obstacle even if he was a Muslim and I, for one, wouldn't care if he was an atheist. I can't imagine anyone would vote either for or against a candidate because of his middle name, but maybe I'm too optimistic.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Besides many of his views, this is the thing that really turns me off of him as a candidate. I would find it quite bizarre if, during a war on terror (radical Islam) we would elect a president schooled in a madrassa, much like what our enemies have been. Does that seem a bit strange to anyone else? I don't believe him to be a radical, but I do know that eventually, he will have to answer to this if he is to be elected president, and I see no chance that he will get away unscathed.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by BennyHill]

top topics

join