It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bhutto names the Man who murdered Osama Bin Laden!!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

This is a 14+ min clip of the show:

One thing that is clear to me is that Sir David must have nodded off during the interview because he NEVER followed up on Bhutto's statement which could have been a slip.

I think most reporters would have said
"Osama Bin Laden is dead?"

[edit on 12/28/2007 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing, he must have went for coffee during the reply to his questions or like you said... just nodded off.

If you are intently following the responses from the person you are interviewing, which is common place, you would have to notice the slip and follow up on it immediately. Strike while the iron's hot, don't give them time to think.

In percentages... the chance of someone slipping up during an interview, with the fact that the interviewer doesn't pick up on it seems extraordinary.

That being said... as mentioned by someone, Frost may have understood the slip of the tongue and carried on like it didn't happen. If that was the case, I could see him getting an earfull from someone higher up.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I don't believe that it was a slip of the tongue. I'm very interested in how she said it, like it was common knowledge. Is it common knowledge elsewhere?

Perhaps the interviewer didn't ask any follow up questions because he was told not to talk about it? It's much easier to just ignore a statement like that. Most people are so used to having every bit of news picked and presented to them with bows, that most people watching this for the first time when it aired assumed they misheard? Because this video aired a while ago, am I wrong? And this is the first I've heard or seen of it.

Also, I've been hearing for a long time that some of the Bin Laden videos are fake. I haven't researched it personally because Bin Laden isn't of particular interest to me. I don't really think he is the mastermind everyone acts like he is. Remember W's slip about how he doesn't worry about OBL? But it's certainly a piece of the puzzle.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If Bin Laden has been murdered can our troops come home?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Bhutto names the Man who murdered Osama Bin Laden!!?

Can UBL even be murdered? It's war and he's the head of the bad guys. If he were killed off wouldn't that make him a war casualty? (of a war of his own making)

??????

Is a legitimate war time target 'murdered'???

Seriously.
I'm not sure of the wording ...

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I believe that the struggles for power also are very violent within the Islamic fundamentalist groups.

But he was the one with the funds and wealth to support his own guerrilla fighters so why kill the food source to the movement, unless the one now working behind the scenes have money been funded by sources that do not want to be known.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by FlyersFan

I believe that the struggles for power also are very violent within the Islamic fundamentalist groups.

But he was the one with the funds and wealth to support his own guerrilla fighters so why kill the food source to the movement, unless the one now working behind the scenes have money been funded by sources that do not want to be known.

Osama was not the reigning king of all Islamic fundamentalist, he was but one faction, which had in its self factions. However, Osama's terrorist organization was not the favorite among Muslim extremist in the entire region (and world) .. If you look at all the groups, they are all centralized cells within different cultures, regions, ethnicity and even religious sects. (Sunni, Shia, Kurdish) .. Something like an Al-Quada attack in a region where another cell runs the show, causing an unstable atmosphere would be more then enough to make enemies.

However in the western world we put all Islamic groups together (be it terrorist or social/humanitarian) and declare them all in line with one another.

Osama's dealings with people who ranged from terrorist experts to saudi princes who gave funding for his operations, to the United States government. After 9/11 (or perhaps before) and the attacks on the groups camps in Afgahnistan could have been enough pressure to shatter the groups moral and turn leading figures against each other. Perhaps there was a mutiny of sorts and Osama ended up murdered. Or maybe someone didn't get a proper cut of the money and wanted revenge.

One thing is certain, if Osama was really as God like as we Westerners like to propose, we would have seen a lot more of him, and we have not. No one can testify that they have actually seen Osama since before 9/11.. I would say it is not at all unlikely he was killed by his own group, or members within his own dealings. The US government wouldn't say anything.. our original mission was kill Osama, well he died by his own men, but keep the boogy man alive and we can wage wars all over the region in pursuit of evil terrorist.

Makes sense to me anyways.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone find the use of the word "murder" (implying wrongdoing) inconsistent with the intentional demise of OBL?

Why not "killed", "assassinated", or "eliminated"?

Given her education, Bhutto would not have been a stranger to the nuanced meaning of these words.

It rings wrong for me...

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hey guys!
I have been lurking ATS for years now and I have finally decided to join!
Yay!

Back to the topic....
I question the authenticity of that video. Check out the same interview on BBC.

Bhutto Interview From BBC

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That was the thing that stood out the most to me. The word murder. Not assasinated eliminated shot stabbed removed she said murder. And it didnt sound like a slip to me look at her eyes they are very telling. I think she knew what she was saying. Probably why shes dead. Stranger things have happened.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanoh
Hey guys!
I have been lurking ATS for years now and I have finally decided to join!
Yay!

Back to the topic....
I question the authenticity of that video. Check out the same interview on BBC.

Bhutto Interview From BBC

Actually, it is the video that you provided that is edited...

At 5:00 there is a cutaway to the interviewer and a return to Bhutto at the exact place where she makes the OBL statement in the OP video.

Odd.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Welcome seanoh!

Thanks for a corresponding video.
I just played both. And what Loam has pointed out is striking.
The OBL line was edited right out of the clip. That really is odd.

also thanks to jack for the longer cut of the original.

I still don't know what to make of this.
She certainly said it. But did she mean it?

About the term "murder". While that is an unconventional way to describe the demise of a "leader". It's not uncommon. Just google "Bhutto Murder", and you'll see that her death is described the same way, in many headlines.

And now a NEW OBL video is out..damage control?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Originally posted by loam

Actually, it is the video that you provided that is edited...

At 5:00 there is a cutaway to the interviewer and a return to Bhutto at the exact place where she makes the OBL statement in the OP video.

Odd.

Beat me to it loam. Yes, I agree with your statement.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm going with the "slip of the tongue" theory...

As FlyersFan pointed out the use of the term "murdered" doesn't make sense in context if she meant OBL. Bhutto would hardly be condemning anyone who killed OBL.

I think she meant to say "the man who murdered Daniel Pearl" and flubbed the line.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
About the term "murder". While that is an unconventional way to describe the demise of a "leader". It's not uncommon. Just google "Bhutto Murder", and you'll see that her death is described the same way, in many headlines.

That is because the term "murder" is used to imply a killing without 'justification'.

To apply that term to Bhutto makes far more sense than applying it to OBL.

Just an observation.

reply to post by johnlear

[edit on 28-12-2007 by loam]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I believe Osama Bin Laden is dead or retired from the game of terrorism.

If he were alive, why has there been no further interviews of his current position in world events since ABCs John Miller 1998 bin laden interview.

Now whats really rather fishy, is how the US is still in touch with the bin ladens of saudi arabia.

I think bin laden is nothing more than a figure head for the US war machine to rage on.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

What about the second video, where that line was missing?

Think it might have been removed, just so folks like us wouldn't do what we are doing now?
Both scenarios might beg for an edit.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

My sentiments exactly I have thought OBL was killed also and believe the myth of him being alive is worth many more Billions maybe even Trillions of dollars then him being dead. Yes with him being out of the way those poppy fields now have bumper crops to fund black projects.

Most people around the world would think if they really wanted to get rid of the opium trade they would spray the poppy fields with herbicides. Protect these fields at all costs this is their bread and butter of the region and keeps different factions on the take and happy. Rik Riley

[edit on 28-12-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Maybe I missed this but was this interview originally aired live?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
if osama has been murdered, whats the explaination of the various videos released in which he mentions current events?

i know the OBL "confession" video was a fake, but the others look legit to me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join