It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psuedoephedrine, and why its hard to get nowdays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hi all! I found this article today - I didn't realise the US was getting the same restrictions we are here in Australia regarding Psuedoephedrine. I agree that the new stuff doesn't work as well. Very interesting article

External Link

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well since there is no link ill tell you why its hard to get in N.Z, people make P out of it and blow up their houses(usually rented).

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
No link? You mean in my post? I'm confused.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It's a component used to create crystal meth amphetamine, the "poor man's coc aine." It's so easy a toothless moron could do it. And they are. Limiting access to the chemical slows them down a little, but like most attempts to control drug use, it is not tremendously effective.

People love to get high. Poor people have even more reason to want to get high. Until everybody's lives and self-esteem are improved to a point where they don't want a quick buzz, it'll still exist.

Didn't Chris Rock say something about people sucking on a lima bean soaked in gasoline?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Entreri

I don't know what the Aussie laws are, but here in the U.S., those looking for something that "works", as you put it, can still have the real thing (ephedrine) if they're willing to grow their own. Ephedra Sinica grows wild throughout much of the western US, and there's no law against cultivation of this unique looking plant. Some call it "Morman Tea", as residents of the Utah canyon lands would strip some foliage, and boil it in some water for a tea that packs a punch.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Thats a completely different drug completely. One is for weight loss and the one the OP is talking about is for the sinuses like Sudafed. You can get it if your sick, Just go to the local pharmacy and ask for it. They will give you ten pills only to get you by. We have the meth druggies to thank for that as the previous person stated.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by Sky watcher]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Ahh yes, I had that with my neighbours in Paratai Drive.

I work with a guy who lost a fair size of his fortune (NZ$1.5 million) to two year addiction to P (Meth to American readers).

He only got off it when the Mongrel Mob were waiting for him to come home after a three day bender. They were looking for money.

Unfortunately, his wife and three kids were there too. Terrified.

This is a high profile family, who owned a high-profile house in Auckland's inner suburbs.

The stuff is everywhere.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Entreri

You said in OP external link thats what im referring to.Im not tryna have a dig i presumed there was supposed to be a link to the article

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Haha dont i have egg on my face.I just realised there is actually a link.My bad dude

new topics

top topics

join