It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trapping and killing wild game.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneshot1
Awesome Illuminis, Some super info...The fish-hooks can also be hung over deer trails, 20-30 trebels on 30-40lbs test tied to sapplings and whippy branches, and they will hook and hold a deer... Full agreement with Illuminis's Warning about Poaching, also this method of "catching" a deer is NOT legal ANYWHERE...

Since WHEN will 30-40lb test hold a deer?
You guys need to stop smokin rock.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
m.m. 30-40 lb test is plenty good. Especially if you use a drag instead of a solid stake. Illuminus I have just let my traps weather outside to a nice rust patina, then parrafin dipped them it works well. My only contribution might be the drag instead of a solid stake. An animal trapped in a snare will often settle down and just lie still after the initial fight. Crushed walnut shells will often act as a poison to stun fish in still pools as well. Excellent post by the way. One more thing your can trap principles can also be used as leg hold trap by drilling a hole in a log and placing peanut butter inside. Drive the nails in at an angle and mr racoon will stick his hand right in and not be able to pull it out. I take more exception to trophy hunters than to a poacher that is just trying to feed his family. These people are by far the better person and hunter.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just a little tidbit, use the same precautions cleaning a wild pig as you would a rabbit. Don't get any of it's blood on you, and if you do wash it and FAST. They have lots of parasites and diseases, namely trichinosis. It's a worm that lives in your intestines but can travel through your body and kill you. Cook to at least 170 F.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
MichaelMyers...in answer to the snide remarks, Please read: The 20-30 hooks are tied to 20-30 lines, not all on one line...The Deer gets caught by many of the hooks pulling from different angles and exhausts it self pulling against the whippy sapplings, kinda like a fishing rod(ever been fishing???), in the am the deer will be laying on the ground.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Oneshot1]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Great thread Illuminis! Starred and flagged. In a SitX scenario fishing and trapping will probably be the most efficient methods of obtaining needed proteins.

One of the primary rules of survival is to conserve your energy, and if you've ever been hunting, you know you can spend a whole day in the woods and still come back empty-handed. You've burned a considerable number of calories, and gained nothing for you efforts.

If your interested in seeing a few snares, here's a great website full of pictures and tips.

The Ranger Digest

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Excellent thread. I started reading the secret gardening one and found this one. More useful information on just the two of them than most survival sites.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join