It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacking the Mind | Intrusive Brain Reading Surveillance Technology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
(Have you seen the episode of Friends where Chandler uses a self-hypnosis tape to quit smoking and finds himself as a 'strong powerful woman' - well this is not far from the truth it is a very effective tool and very easy to use).

I would like to point out that this is very easy to misuse as well. In my opinion, people tend to think in a black and white mindset; everything gets a label. It could be very easy to misinterpret and misapply even basic NLP, much less the tech being discussed in this thread.

Everyone thinks differently. Everyone has placed a different 'priority' to the items, people, and terms of our society. The only way for something like this to be feasible as a viable tool would be to communicate in various subtle (on a societal level; e.g. television and internet) means exactly how one should react to a specific reference...and keeping the list of entrained terms fairly limited. People are more likely to react similarily to the term, "good," then they are to the term, "precipitous."

Food for thought...

[edit on 17-12-2007 by MemoryShock]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Found this article recently...it basically says that there are specific and consistent reactions from the brain regarding particular stimulii...once these reactions have been measured and recorded, any subsequent occurance of teh recorded measurement gives a higher than average chance of determining what the subject is thinking, generally...

It's a good read, give it a check.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This technology could help bring us closer to a world without secrets. Not necessarily a bad thing in the long run. I believe a group consciousness is an inevitable part of species evolution, and I see this technology as playing a part.

As far as manipulating thoughts, that's one thing... I doubt they'd be able to influence intentions. They might try to make you do something by influencing thoughts or emotions, but if you have self control and don't run on autopilot, they may have some difficulty turning you into a RC human.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't say that we are being controlled in a Remote Control fashion, I am suggesting that we are being controlled by having a part of our mind blinded.

This can be achieved chemically or by controlled frequencies. Chemicals could be used to "lobotomize" a portion of our brain or Radio Frequencies could be used to interfere or scramble our ability to utilize the functioning of this portion of our mind.

When we create thoughts, there are magnetic or radio transmissions that corresponds to that thought. If our ability to transmit and receive these electrical transmissions is purposely disrupted by interfering waves, WE may be completely unconscious and separated from a part of our reality and experience that we cannot even imagine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join