It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu shots mandatory for New Jersey preschoolers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Flu shots mandatory for New Jersey preschoolers

www.cnn.com

State Health Commissioner Dr. Fred M. Jacobs approved the requirement and three other vaccines for school children starting September 1, 2008, over the objections of some parent groups.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have never had the FLU shot and neither have my children. I don't think very many parents will be happy about the enforcement of this.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think in '98 or so in Anchorage (Alaska) there was a flu epidemic I believe it was and everybody in school had to get a shot. So it's not anything new it just sucks.

apc

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Is New Jersey in a flu epidemic now?

I wonder who manufacturers the vaccines they intend to give and if they have any influence in New Jersey politics.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
this is sickening. Like Rhain, neither myself, my wife, nor either of my children have ever had a flu shot, and never will, required or not. Strangely enough, none of us have ever had the flu. Every year, the flu makes its rounds, and they always start at the flu shot clinics. No thanks, I'll rely on a healthy lifestyle, which is much, much more effective than the vaccine, and only comes with good side effects.

If parents would simply be responsible enough to keep their children away from school if they get sick, we wouldn't need to deal with this kind of thing.

Please parents, if your kids are sick, don't send them to school!

Edit to add: I read somewhere that the flu vaccine contains more Thimerosal than the other Thimerosal containing vaccines. I just can't remember where, and I can't seem to locate it again. Can anyone corroborate this (I don't approve of ANY vaccine with any amount of Thimerosal, but it's an interesting point if the flu vaccine contains more than other vaccines)?

[edit on 12/14/2007 by Unit541]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I just went fishing around on the net for this because I live in Jersey. Thank god my kids are past the preschool age. I was never a big believer in the vaccinces to start with, but, with that being said I did vaccinate my children after doing extensive research.

As I searched I found out that aborted fetuses are/were used in the creation of just about every vaccine on the market, and that Catholics can get a religious exemption based on this fact. I never knew that until now, and had I know that back then I would have used it to my advantage.

When I decided to vaccinate my children I waited til they were 4, as studies have shown that no serious side effects occur in children after the age of four. I also used the Salk polio vaccine which is a dead vaccine rather than the live vaccine. My children never had so much as a fever with the vaccinations.

If they start to require this shot for older school children I will be whipping out that religious exemption form.

new topics

top topics

join