It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Debate Series

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Apologisies for the lateness folks. As I am sure you all know, things seem to pop up this time of year. Since my Daughter was looked after, my staff party turned into a road trip and we ended up in Halifax Saturday night and most of Sunday. I tell ya, it's quite a shock waking up on a Sunday morning and realizing your in a different city. They tell me I had a lot of fun Saturday evening and the pictures seem to confirm it. If I can recall any of it personally, I will be sure to tell you all about it.

I'll have my opening up in a bit.

Merry Christmas everyone.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
"Si-iilent Night. Ho-ooly Night. Aaallll is calm, all is bright...."

Mercy?...The hurt that I imagine you administering to me does not inspire any inclination to be merciful while I occupy the corner that I have backed myself into....

*Rocks back and forth while trying to recall the lyrics to 'Silver Bells'.*

Originally posted by semperfortis
And remember.....

I will be watching..

...and I'll be 'clo(a)cking'....

[edit on 25-12-2007 by MemoryShock]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well, Christmas Eve was officially a bust. The kiddy-table was unexpectedly abolished thanks to the addition of a second indoor table, and I got stuck next to grandma, who can never remember that I'm the one who is not to be touched under almost any circumstances. I had to abstain from drinking because my nerves were wearing thin and I didn't want to say anything I'd regret.

The great and terrible vagabond is displeased now, and returns to the boards to wreak a horrible vengeance on the world. God help you all.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My second post will be up in 2 hours or less, and it's going to hurt. Get your cameras ready, a smell a knock-down coming.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The debate series is rocking along great...while the Byrd and Vagabond showdown is exactly what I anticipated...intense.

I'm going to go cultivate a hangover for tomorrow....just in case semper may need the handicapp...

Happy New Year everyone

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'll take any edge I can get...

Here Memory, let me pour you one more...

Semper

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm going to assume that this thread can also be utilized for mundane communications as well as a commentary..?

I'll have a post ready and up by early tomorrow evening....fyi...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
To The Vagabond and my opponent GAOTU: In the course of my Israel-Egypt travels I am currently residing in the Sinai desert where its virtually impossible to access the internet. My response will take another 2-3 days (when I get to the diving resort at the south tip of the desert and have time to do some research and access the internet). Thanks for the patience.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
*Whew*....

I think I'll have that drink now....

MemoryShock

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
'trep & I finished our round.

If any of you have a chance, pop by and star a few posts that you feel are deserving.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sounds like an adventure mate, no worries. Enjoy your vacation and come back with a story where you found some ancient, alien artifact in the desert.
:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Sounds like an adventure mate, no worries. Enjoy your vacation and come back with a story where you found some ancient, alien artifact in the desert.

Havent found that yet (although Id sure like to). But I am gathering plenty of other explosive material for future ATS threads. The area egypt and israel is a goldmine for this type of stuff.

Thread response is up btw. About time to step on the gear in our debate.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just to let The Borg know i am formulating a response i hope to have it up by the end of the day. If not definitely tomorrow. Have come into some busy times myself applying for a new job. Wish me luck...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I have an idea that many may find foolish or unnecessary, and if that is the case, please just tell me and I'll crawl off to bed and shut up about it...

Why not take some of the more sensitive issue that have been hitting the boards lately and assign a couple of the better debaters to debate the issues and put them to rest?

Including the MODS...

MOD Fairness
ATS is COINTEL
Illegal Substances

It would of course have to be debates that could approach the subjects with professionalism and well within the T and C...

Just an idea...

Semper

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Including the MODS...

MOD Fairness
ATS is COINTEL
Illegal Substances

Sounds like challenge semper. I'd take pro on the first 2, the 3rd is against the T&C though.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
That's actually a great idea...I'd have fun going con (and against my opinion) on the first two.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Damn, I just got back into debate and I have the heavyweights coming at me.

How to respond?

BRING IT ON!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm sure we'll go easy on ya' if you promise to go easy on us!!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well I would take either side. I enjoy the challenge....

That and I'm dieing to debate a MOD... LOL

Have to wait until after the current challenge debate though. I have my hands full....

Semper

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join