It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope condemns the climate change prophets of doom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Pope Benedict XVI has launched a surprise attack on climate change prophets of doom, warning them that any solutions to global warming must be based on firm evidence and not on dubious ideology.

The leader of more than a billion Roman Catholics suggested that fears over man-made emissions melting the ice caps and causing a wave of unprecedented disasters were nothing more than scare-mongering.

The German-born Pontiff said that while some concerns may be valid it was vital that the international community based its policies on science rather than the dogma of the environmentalist movement.

Surprisingly, i actually agree with him. I dont think that this is his area of expertise, considering that he used to think that the world was flat
. Nice to see a religous leader claiming that belief should only come from hard scientific evidence and not just dogma. Its quite ironic infact.

At least we have moved on from thinking that the sun orbits the earth

[edit on 13-12-2007 by ZeuZZ]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
its sad that i agree with the most non-scientific person on a scientific topic.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ironic hypocritsm. That's what it is. Like the pope doesn't know what is going on.
Let's open up the vatican libraries please. For public.
Study trips to the vatican library. Would be nice.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
the pope says a lot of things...
in fact, the pope says a lot of things that are later found to be quite contrary to the truth.

this is why i don't take much stock in what the pope says.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I agree full hearted here.. The Pope says alot of stuff.. And not only that he was a part of the Hilter youth!!! And I dont take what this man says to heart for 1 min. I dont even see how a man like this could get such a high ranking level within our churches... Errr you're churches.. Im not part of this mess.. The Pope... Ack..!

Take a good look into this mans eyes.. And ask yourself.. Is he really one of the good guys?????

Im sorry but he looks like a freakin demon in human skin here...

[edit on 13-12-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This is already being discussed here:Pope decries Global Warming Prophets

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
the pope says a lot of things...
in fact, the pope says a lot of things that are later found to be quite contrary to the truth.

this is why i don't take much stock in what the pope says.

Your right.

We should never have any policies based on sound science.

top topics

join