It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were clothes behind attack on teenager? Hijab

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Let's review. Father moves family to a "Western" nation.
Father is upset that a young child is becoming "westernizied"

Father kills child.

In reality, if you move to a different country and bring up your children in that countries school system etc... It is not reasonable that the child is not influenced by the culture that you have moved to.

So, my opinion, the father was stupid. He was stupid to move to the west. He was stupid not to have realizied that the predominate culture in which you raise your children will have an effect on the children. He was stupid to kill his child.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Sorry for that typo, I meant majority.

Anyways, you see I dont know what compells people to bring the past about how Christians did this or did that. Yea it happen and all that, does it still happen today? NO!, yes every now and then you get the occasional headline.

My point is and is always going to be as a person that lives in this ERA, not in the era of the crusades, that Islam has a problem and yes there is people that speak out but they need more, because what happen when someone like me that is not a muslim try to point out some flaws, I get called a bigot, racist..... jadajadajada. It needs to come from with in.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

Institutions are not a problem? You got to be kidding me. So did the Vatican acted promptly when all this kids where abused? Has the Imams in all the madrashas across the world have stop teaching this extreme views that call for the killing of infidels, no rights for women and call for the abolishment of Sharia Law?

If its proven that this teenager died as a result of a "honour killing", I wonder from where hes dad got those views from. culture? religion? combination of both?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
But thats the point I was raising, they do speak out. ALL THE TIME!

And I wasn't referring to the crusades, in fact, I do not even think I mentioned them. Atrocities have been and are even now committed in the name of Christianity today. Check out Africa.

It isn't the religion itself at fault, it is uneducated tribal types being led by their "leaders" into doing something on religious grounds. because they are uneducated, they believe the rubbish they are told.

It is, essentially, propaganda. It isn't any coincidence that the worst atrocities in the world today are being done by those who couldn't even write their own name.

Being told to do something because it'll get you into heaven is a strong motive if your poor, uneducated and wouldn't mind fishing in that other villages lake.

It may be hidden behind a flimsy, religious facade, but at the end of the day, the leaders instigating this are not doing it for Holy reasons, but rather it boils down to power and control over resources and people.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I agree with your views on religion but as a believer I will do what it takes to make sure our religious leaders guide our faith the right way and when ever someone try to use their position for personal benefit, I will call it.

I do know some muslim leaders speakout, I just hope more could be done out of my wish than whenever moderates and decent muslims take center stage away from the extremist a lot of what goes on with the extremist is going to dissipate.

And I understand that its not going to happen overnight, it tooks centuries to Christianity to correct itself to what we have now.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think part of the problem that stems from the current animosity towards Muslims just stems from the fact that they are currently in the spotlight. Bad news gets airtime. A Muslim leader urging his followers in Manchester to be good Muslims and respect other people does not get airtime. Especially in the highly competitive and biased news sources coming from America, such as FOX.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

Institutions are not a problem? You got to be kidding me.

No. I'm not. It's not the core teachings of these "institutions" that I see to be A problem. It's the extremes which a minority of Individuals within those "institutions" interpret said teachings that I'm referring to. Extremist views and idealogical interpretations exist in nearly all organized religions.

So did the Vatican acted promptly when all this kids where abused? Has the Imams in all the madrashas across the world have stop teaching this extreme views that call for the killing of infidels, no rights for women and call for the abolishment of Sharia Law?

The term ALL is rarely if ever applicable to any organized religious "institution", just as it can't be applied to the beliefs of ALL followers therein. (?)

If its proven that this teenager died as a result of a "honour killing", I wonder from where hes dad got those views from. culture? religion? combination of both?

Irrelevant, IMO.
Who acted? The culture, the religion... OR the Individual?

I cannot control the actions or beliefs of others, but I can Always control my participation therein ... or lack thereof.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

I guess we going to have to agree to disagree.

I see your point and I agree that the actions of any individual are those that they choose and are ultimately responsible I agree with that. But if you add to that Institutions that set up the conditions in which this is allowed to happen then they share some blame too.

But no question that the ultimate responsible is the person that committed the act.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join