It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby thrown from Hong Kong tower block -- reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Baby thrown from Hong Kong tower block -- reports

newsinfo.inquirer.net

HONG KONG -- A new-born baby boy with his umbilical cord still attached was thrown out of high-rise Hong Kong building and found dead in a car park Tuesday, police and local media said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just by reading the headline, it can already break may heart. I felt that I did not even want to read as it involves horrific violence against innocent child. Similar events have happened in the past in different part of the World. Like the case of a Father who one by one threw his kids from a high rise building beginning from his youngest kid up to the oldest. I just can’t understand why would anyone do such act.

newsinfo.inquirer.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-12-2007 by searching_for_truth]

[edit on 11-12-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Doesn't China have laws about how many kids you can have? This guy was probably over the limit.

I'll be interested to see what his punishment is.

Peace

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by searching_for_truth

How do I even respond to this? How anyone could do something like this is absolutely beyond me.
There are no words strong enough to convey the horrific feelings I have in my belly over this event.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Hmmm, yes, China has a very strict law with regards to having more than one (used to be 2 kids per family, If I am not mistaken) child. I am not sure though about Hongkong. I think Hongkong has some kind of different & special law from China as part of the special agreement Between UK & China before Hongkong was handed back to China's control.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am glad to see so many people are outraged by this, as am I.

I wonder why as many people aren't outraged by a baby with a heartbeat being sucked out of a woman's womb?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
reply to post by Dr Love

Hmmm, yes, China has a very strict law with regards to having more than one (used to be 2 kids per family, If I am not mistaken) child. I am not sure though about Hongkong. I think Hongkong has some kind of different & special law from China as part of the special agreement Between UK & China before Hongkong was handed back to China's control.

China still has a one child policy, although this is completely dependent on how much cash you have.

Hong Kong on the other hand is the same as the US and the UK, have as many as you want and if you can't look after them then the state gives you handouts which are not really enough to live on. Condoms People!!

This is a truly awful thing to have happened, there are some real social issues that have been emerging in Hong Kong, more so over the last 2/3 years IMO. Suicide is at a high, domestic violence is rife and there have been some horrific murder suicides that have happened (one mentioned in the op's source) There was another horry story on the news last night here as well as the poor baby. A young man of 18 had been supporting his Mother and younger sister since he was 15 years old, he had had enough and hung himself in their home.

Part of the reason behind this is the influx of mainland Chinese, more so women, that have little education and marry someone from Hong Kong thinking that life here will be better than in China - How wrong they are! Quite a few have killed themselves because they couldn't adjust, and they are looked down on by the Hong Kong locals.

On hong Kong island One person in seven is a millionaire (that's US$) just like in other prosperious parts of the world, big financial centres like London and New york the wealth gap is getting wider and wider. The pressure of the world we live in is emmence. There is no minimum wage in Hong Kong and how the people suffer because of it!

I had no idea that 20% of the people in the place I call home live in poverty, I would never have put the number so high.

As for Craig732.

If the poor girl (14 years old) had had the option of being able to have an abortion maybe this would never have happened. The family lived in a low income, low education area. the public facilities are pathetic. The question of murder or abortion shouldn't have to come in to this.

The questions. Why is a 14 year old pregnant? What can we do to prevent this ever happening again?

Are far more important in this case.

MonKey

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Why am I not shocked, not even surprised by this callous act of inhumanity ???
Answer:... Because it happens all the time.

We're a species that aborts potential humans on a daily basis, and throughout history have murdered children on a continuing basis. Our war machine has slaughtered babies in the thousands just for the blood lust that seems to be harbored in our nature.

The Nanking babies:
It's sad to view, but it's in no way a solitary event in history.

www.japantoday.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Unborn children were cut from the wombs of Chinese women by Japanese soldiers in front of their family or after the mothers had been raped. Of the over 300,000 people that died in Nanking during the massacre, as many as 1/4 were under the age of 12, and many were infants.

I can't even estimate the number of babies and children that died in Nazi Germany.

www.annefrank.dk...

From all occupied areas, children were deported to Auschwitz since 1942. Small kids were ususally killed immediately because they were too young to work. Mothers who held their babies in their arms were gassed together with the children. A child made a mother look like "unable to work". Also grandmothers who were with their grandchildren, were killed......

Boys, which survived the selection, were first assigned to work as masons at the building of the crematories in Birkenau. The food rations were not sufficient for such a hard work, thus the boys suffered from malnutrition. In 1943, when the works in Birkenau were finished, the boys of the "school of masons" were taken to Auschwitz I and, together with other children, killed by phenol injections.

Some kids were in the camp constantly, within the blocks and in the labour commandos, where they had to do assistant works. There were German Kapos who kept boys in order to satisfy their perverse sexual desires.
www.wsg-hist.uni-linz.ac.at...

Read an article on infanticide on Wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org...

The facts about the children of Jonestown
287 children died in the Jonestown massacre.
www.brasscheck.com...

It runs rampant throughout human history with barely a thought or worry.

In Canada alone, what most would consider a civilized nation.....

2003 Child murder statistics

There were 33 homicides committed against children under the age of 12 in 2003, the lowest number in over 25 years. Of these victims, 14 (or 42%) were under one year of age.

Of the 27 solved homicides against children, 23 were killed by a parent: 9 by a father, 4 by a step-father, 10 by a mother and 1 by a step-mother (in one incident, both parents were accused). In addition, 2 children were killed by their day-care provider and 2 by a stranger.
www.canadiancrc.com...

The phenomenon of female infanticide is as old as many cultures, and has likely accounted for millions of gender-selective deaths throughout history. It remains a critical concern in a number of "Third World" countries today, notably the two most populous countries on earth, China and India. In all cases, specifically female infanticide reflects the low status accorded to women in most parts of the world; it is arguably the most brutal and destructive manifestation of the anti-female bias that pervades "patriarchal" societies. It is closely linked to the phenomena of sex-selective abortion, which targets female fetuses almost exclusively, and neglect of girl children.
www.gendercide.org...

One more baby tossed away is not news, it's just a part of the human condition that we would just as soon forget after it's been sensationalized by the news media to sell some advertising space.

I'll post a hundred instances of child murder if anyone doubts our capacity to kill babies.

edit: Link added

[edit on 12/12/2007 by anxietydisorder]

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I am thoroughly sickened, outraged and utterly depressed over what I have read in this thread.

It breaks my heart to think about all those children. It breaks my heart to think about all the rest that will die in our world.

And humans claim we are not animals.

VV

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Regardless of the reasons. Could be war, accidents, murder and any form of killing children, justified or not, even it was done in the past and part of world history. It could involve mass or single murder. It maybe part of statistics. It could be a generally accepted event that the world & life can go on as usual.

Maybe we can't do anything to stop it. And maybe no matter what we do, it will happen and will be unavoidable.

As for myself, it will always be a horrifying, heartbreaking & very sad event if a child dies in such a way.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

If more of us felt the way you do the world would be a better place.
I suspect most of humanity is basically good and want to protect the next generation. But there is that segment of society that kills without conscience.

I've see crowds develop into mobs, and witnessed them become a riot.
Humans have a pack mentality in them that will allow a group to commit the most horrible crimes, acts of depravity that most people wouldn't normally do on their own.
Crimes committed during war are a part of this mob mentality that the military reinforces in the troops.

I do feel terrible for the parent that can't see any other solution other than to kill their child, and many of those are acts of desperation. But I have no pity for the ones that kill out of rage, for pleasure, for benefit, or to cover a crime.

Sometimes I get so down on our species I'm ashamed to be a part of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

how sick
what kind of person could murder a new born,
that person not only needs to be caught but given mental treatment and then thrown out of a taller building

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

She is a fourteen year old girl. Not that I'm saying that what she did is anywhere close to the right solution for teenage pregnancy.

Did you even read the article?

Monkey

And the age of criminal responsibility is???

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

On this topic of babies, I have to ask.

Who is that sweet one in your avatar ChiKeyMonKey ?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
I wonder why as many people aren't outraged by a baby with a heartbeat being sucked out of a woman's womb?

God I couldn't agree any more.

Either make killing babies legal, or make abortion illegal. It makes no sense to have one legal and the other illegal.

Of course I don't condone making killing babies legal, so don't twist my words. I'm simply making a point.

Abortion is no different than what happened here.

But, I won't turn this in to an abortion debate...

Why would you throw a child out a high rise building? Sounds like a stupid question but compared to what action this person took, I'm not so sure.

What went through this person's head?

"Oh, here's a window. There's the baby. Let's go.."??

This is why we're beneath the animals. They don't throw their children out high rise buildings. We like to act superior, but we truly are the most disgusting worthless excuse for life this planet has ever seen.

Unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

depends on the country
some it can start from 7

despite age she murderd a child
she could have left the child at the hospital or something,.
i still think she deserves what she gets

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Absolutely. She will get what she deserves - a life knowing that she murdered her own child, for starters!

To AD

The Avatar is my Son (now 3 and a half) the sweetness is just a cover, for he truly is a naughty little monkey!!

Monkey

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Now I get it
My son is also three and a half. Being born in Vietnam, also following the lunar calendar. Born in the year of Monkey. Could not agree anymore too. My son is also a very naughty little monkey

top topics

join