It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worst weapon of war

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
DoD

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
this is a follow up of this thread

Link

but this time what is the worst weapon of war ever used?

Mine is the cluster bomb as some of the bomblets never explode on impact and are often picked up by children who mistake the brightly coloured spheres as balls resulting in then having their arms or legs blown off i think this is sick and they should be banned

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by DoD]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Agreed, while maybe not the most powerfull, it has to be one of the worst weapon, cuz so many are left behind, and they often kill innocent people.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
my pick would have to be the antipersonal landmine. How many innocent people die each year because of landmines fields of them that are forgotten.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The worst weapon of war is war itself!

If we managed to get our heads out of our arses then maybe we would think straight and try and find another way of dealing with the situation instead of violence.

Trust me...its not the weapons that are the problem...its the people who make them and use them.

but thats just a soldiers opinion!

Gryff

DoD

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
CAN IN JUST SAY THAT

WAR IS BULL$HIT AND THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE PEOPLE GO TO WAR ARE USUALLY POLITICIANS AND THE PEOPLE THAT GET KILLED ARE JUST ORDINARY PEOPLE

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by DoD]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'd have to agree with Gryffen on this. I'm also a soldier, and currently in baghdad.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Medic and myself have both seen how these weapons cause damage to ur bodies and even the area of the explosion or drop zone.

Trust me...there is no-more against weapons that some soldiers in the armies...i can name at least 30 folk in my regiment who agree with me...6 of them including me are medics.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
For me, I believe Chemical and Biological agents are the down right worst weapons ever developed. Talk about killing indiscriminitely!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Money clear and simple. Fraud, waste, and the abuse of war revolve around bank loans that make kings into subservient puppets after they disagree with other kings and make war which requires massive fiat bankloans. So much paper and so much death.

Since the monetary system itself demonstates feedback into its own propagation through the creation of chaos, it gets to the root of being in its current status, the worst weapon of war.

Even the obvious corrollary to 911 in this form, more and more spending, control, agencies, and taxes, demonstates a symbiotic point of incentives in economics.

Even the illusion that the national debt would ever be paid off, is so easily quashed with even the sloppiest intelligence operations as was the case for 911. Should I remind people here that all the founders of the CIA were into banking and the elite interdependencies thereof.

I rest my case.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It doesna matter what kind of weapon it is...if it can kill then it is wrong!

I know it sounds backwards for a soldier but thats just the way i feel about it....i use my weapon to defend and lay down cover...i dont not start engagments but if i am fired up...i will return in self defence and clean the mess up after it!

We shouldna need to build weapons.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I agree, I think mines and cluster bombs are the worst. Especially since the US government use them to defend The Truth around Area 51.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The Landmine, theyve been killing and maiming innocent people for years after the war ends.
What country makes the most types of this dispicable weapon?

The US of course. Anything for money...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Yeah, and as if the Weapons of mass destruction that the US just seized from Libya aren't gonna go on top of the stockpile in the military bases of the US. They're gonna take everyone's weapons so they can have complete control and supremacy.

Also, Flyer --> Your avatar scares me!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
For me, I believe Chemical and Biological agents are the down right worst weapons ever developed. Talk about killing indiscriminitely!!

Cluster bombs & landmines are very bad - hundreds of children are killed or maimed every year, but...
I would have to agree with nathraq.
Chemical & Bio-agents are far worse... not only can they kill on a much larger scale, but substances like Sarin nerve gas will cause a body to contort to such extremes that the victim can break his own back, and lab rats subjected to the stuff have seizures so bad that they look like they've managed to turned themselves inside out...
then there are bio-agents... flesh-eating virii, ebola, etc ... makes anthrax look like a walk in the park...

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
mustard gas, 50cal. machine guns, and jdams to name a few.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
How about weaponized ebola virus?

Oh forgot that isn't a weapon.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
.....and this nice toy..

AC-130H/U Gunship

~Primary Function: Close air support, air interdiction and force protection.
~Speed: 300 mph.
~Dimensions: Wingspan 132 ft. 7 in, length 97 ft. 9 in, height 38 ft. 6 in.
~Range: 1,496 miles.
~Armament: AC-130H, Two 20 mm Vulcan cannons with 3,000 rounds, one 40 mm Bofors cannon and one 105 mm. howitzer; AC-130U, One 25 mm Gatling gun, one 40 mm Bofors cannon and one 150 mm Howitzer.
~Crew: AC-130H, 14 and AC-130U, 13.
~Inventory: AC-130, eight and AC-130U, thirteen.

......Here's a link for a pic.

www.af.mil...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I agree with Gryffen, the worst weapon of war, is infact war itself, if we didn't have any form of war or battle, we wouldn't have weapons now would we? But thats in a society that doesn't exist, wars and weapons will be around for ever. Its a backwards theory everyone has, "The best way to get peace is with the knife" But it isnt true, nor is it false...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
The worst weapon of war is war itself!

If we managed to get our heads out of our arses then maybe we would think straight and try and find another way of dealing with the situation instead of violence.

Trust me...its not the weapons that are the problem...its the people who make them and use them.

but thats just a soldiers opinion!

Gryff

I have to agree with you 100%

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Really its those who sit behind a desk and order others to use them thats the problem. War is easy from behind a desk less so in the field.

If the leaders led the charge like in the old days there would be a lot less battles.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join