It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostage Situation Reported At Clinton Campaign Office

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Hostage Situation Reported At Clinton Campaign Office

www.thebostonchannel.com

BOSTON -- An armed man took people hostage Friday at a Hillary Clinton presidential campaign office in New Hampshire, police said.

The incident happened at about 1 p.m. Friday at 28 North Main St. in Rochester. Officials said that a man is holding people hostage at the office, but it is unclear how many people are being held.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thebostonchannel.com

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is breaking, the Senator is in Virginia for a DNC meeting in Vienna.

I will update when further news is available.

www.thebostonchannel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
*Sigh* This is the best press that my hometown can get these days, unfortunately.

I hope that everyone is safe.

I can say with some certainty that this guy has nowhere to go. There's a river right behind him, another row of buildings immediately outside, and the nearest highway is over three miles away. He's in the busiest area of the city.

[edit on 11/30/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just reported that the man has a bomb duct taped to his chest, according to a witness who made there way to another building and asked for someone to call the police.

I am sure that all the details are VERY sketchy right now, the TV news crews are enroute so much of this could be speculation and rumor right now.

Sen. Clinton is not at the DNC meeting right now but is expected there at 3PM EST.

This info is from FNC.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I hope everyone gets out safely. It seems there's something new and weird in the world every day.

I just hope this isn't somebody trying to get her to promise full disclosure if she's elected. Or from another political camp, making our election process seem more and more like the methods of some third world nation.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I am curious what the guys demands are. Will this be part of the targeted 08 elections that homeland security warned about earlier this month?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Latest report from FNC

2 Clinton campaign workers held hostage.

Police are positioned across the street with arms drawn, also armed sharpshooters on the roofs of adjacent buildings.

Police are negotiating with the hostage taker.

Police have been telling people to RUN away from the immediate area.

DNC announced that Sen. Clinton will not attend the meeting today due to this incident.

[edit on 11/30/2007 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Sen. Clinton is not at the DNC meeting right now but is expected there at 3PM EST.

Clinton is going to where the bomber is? I hope she gets there in time. [/sarcasm]

Did they know or say why this guy is doing this?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Nothing on that yet, FNC had a live report from Carl Cameron inside the vehicle he is in, which is enroute to the scene, driving down highway, no reports from the hostage location as of yet on FNC.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I've taken the road that Cameron is on before. He's still about 30 minutes out from the scene at least.

Update: probably more like 15 minutes. What the hell is up with the Cameron Cam on Fox News, anyways?

[edit on 11/30/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The OP article has been updated with more information:

ARTICLE

BOSTON -- A man claiming to have a bomb took two workers hostage Friday at a Hillary Clinton presidential campaign office in New Hampshire, police said.

The incident happened at about 1 p.m. Friday at 28 North Main St. in Rochester. The man had what appeared to be a bomb strapped to himself inside the Democrat's office, according to Bill Shaheen, a top state campaign official.

On FNC says the man demands to meet with the Senator but I highly doubt that he will get this wish.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Obama evacuated his offices as a precautionary measure. Still curious about the demands.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
On FNC says the man demands to meet with the Senator but I highly doubt that he will get this wish.

Could you imagine the boost her campaign would get if she actually showed up and personally talked the guy down?

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Its pretty much win win for her no matter what happens. She shows up and calms the guy she wins, the guy gets killed by the cops she wins, the guy blows himself up and kills everyone she wins.

She'll get praise for a good outcome, sympathy and "terror fear" votes for a bad outcome.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Clintons set this whole thing up to cover her ass over the waffling and question planting.

Oh, and to support a total gun ban.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
A helicopter shot from WFXT television is now on FNC,

It is difficult to see what is happening though I can see one police car blocking one street, it is a panned out shot with little detail.

Someone familiar with this area could probably describe this section of the town.

It was reported that the hostage taker originally had 4 hostages but released 2.

The hostage taker is still requesting contact with the Senator, but a guest said that this will not happen.

New Hampshire police are in charge of this situation.

Carl Cameron is reporting that in addition to the Obama campaign evacuation, the Edwards campaign offices have been evacuated. This is done as a precaution.

Media told to meet at the Profile Bank parking lot. A couple of blocks from the main street area.

Now a fixed camera shot of the front of Sen. Clinton's campaign office being shown in addition to the chopper feed. I could see no movement in the area being shown by the fixed camera, which appears to come from a rooftop across the street.

[edit on 11/30/2007 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm not buying the set-up theory. One would have to be pretty devoted to the Clinton Cause to literally put his ass on the line for it. Let's be praying that this is resolved peacefully.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Jim_Kraken]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Clintons set this whole thing up to cover her ass over the waffling and question planting.

I like the way you think.

I'll never rule anything out when it comes to the Clinton's. The trail of bodies is extensive.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

This main street is very narrow, with a one-way, two-lane road. The buildings are very closely spaced together. I have seen the two headquarters; they have rented storefronts. This is primarily a commercial area. There is a river right behind them, you can see it in some of the camera shots. If you come out of the HQ and head north, that takes you to the northern part of town and pretty much rural areas. If you go south (taking a left after coming out of the door of the HQ), you go right into downtown.

Is there anything specific you want to know?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

What the hell is up with the Cameron Cam on Fox News, anyways?

He said this was the first time they used this on the go technology.

It is pretty cool though it breaks up when they go under the overpasses and such.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Togetic

You should personally go there and record it yourself (if you got a camera) and post it here. Who knows what you get out of it, make millions of dollars out of the pictures if something happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join