It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd temple not yet destroyed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The Second Temple Destroyed - As Predicted

www.templemount.org...

"The Wall
Most of the Western Wall of the Temple Mount, which was about 485 m. long, is hidden by the buildings adjoining it. Until June 1967 the accessible portion of the wall was no longer than 28 m. In front of it ran a stone-paved alley 3.5 m wide bordered on its west by a slum area. The Wall aboveground consisted of 24 rows of stones of different dressing and age, reaching a total height of 18 m. with 6 m. above the level of the Temple Mount. In 1867 excavations revealed that 19 more rows lay buried underground, the lowest being sunk into the natural rock of the Tyropoeon Valley.

In 1968 the ground in front of the Wall was excavated to reveal two of the buried rows of stone, and the Wall then consisted of seven layers of huge, marginally dressed ("Herodian") stones from the Second Temple, above which are four layers of smaller, plainly dressed stones from the Roman or Byzantine periods. The upper stones were constructed after the Moslem conquest.

Jewish travelers over the centuries used to marvel the immense dimensions of the lower stones - average height 1 m and length 3 m, but some as long as 12 m. and weighing over 100 tons - and believed they were part of Solomon's Temple. They were probably quarried at the Cave of Zedkiah (near the Damascus Gate). In order to withstand the soil pressure of the filling behind the Wall, the rows were laid in a terraced manner, each row being set back a few centimeters relative to the one beneath it. The Wall thus slants slightly eastward. This factor, the weight of the stones, and the accuracy of the cutting account for the unusual stability of the Wall.

The underground tunnel starting at the north-west of the prayer plaza passes close to the part of the Western Wall that is hidden by the buildings. It goes through a system of vaulted areas and water cisterns. About 350 m. of the Wall have been uncovered, up to the northern edge, which is the north-western corner of the Temple Mount. In a tunnel the largest stones of the Wall were found, including a giant stone about 60 m long, 3 m. high and 4 m. wide, and weighing approximately 400 tons. "

mosaic.lk.net...

If the "wall" is part of either Solomons temple or Herod's temple, then the not one stone upon another prophesy is not yet fullfilled...............

The "wall" must be destroyed before the 3rd temple can be built.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I agree with you on that.

The second temple was the one destroyed last, Herod's temple, not Solomons.

But if you think about it, if they came around to deciding "We're gonna build the third temple now and destroy or incorporate al-aqsa mosque" and effectively start World War III, they'd probably have to take down the wall, despite its historic .. relevance, because the new wall would need to be in the exact same place; therefore no enshrinement of the wall is possible for the exact fulfillment of the third temple to take place.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Christ was very spcific about not one stone upon another. So since the "wailing wall" is still there the prophesy is not yet...............

Something must happen to the entire temple mount soon..........

Earthquake? Bomb? Tank battle? Something must destroy the wall......

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by astmonster

the context of matthew24:1-2 and mark13:1-2 and luke 21:5 is the Temple stones of Messiahs earthly sojourn not every other surrounding wall or building on mt. moriah.to my knowledge the stone platform on which the dome of the rock sits is the same platform that herods temple sat on top of although there has to be a strong footing under it------------only way to be sure if one stone was left upon another of herods temple would be to dig up under the present platform.the "rock"under the dome of the rock was the place where the animal sacrifices were offered on-- the actual temple was directly to the west of that altar rock------the wailing wall is too far south west to be a part of herods temple building itself.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Great answer there Yahn.............the correct one too.........

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

well guess what? i might have to correct myself-------------the multiple books we have in our small home library show the dome of rock being over top of where the altar of animal sacrifices was situated outside of the temples of solomon/zerubbabel-herod and the temples situated to the altars west BUT the templeinstitute in israel its website shows the temples to be to the east of the dome of the rock with the holy of holies being dead on over the "Rock"--------wow !--------why is the truth so hard to find ?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ezekiel 13:10-16
"Because they lead my people astray, saying 'peace' when there is no peace, and because when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall. Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth. When the wall collapses, will people not ask you, 'where is the whitewash you covered it with?'

"Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: In my wrath I will unleash a violent wind, and in my anger hailstones and torrents of rain will fall with destructive fury. I will tear down the wall you have covered with whitewash and will level it to the ground so that it's foundation will be laid bare. When it falls you will be destroyed in it; and you will know that I am the Lord. So I will spend my wrath against the wall and against those who covered it with whitewash. I will say to you 'The wall is gone and so are those who whitewashed it, those prophets of Israel who prophesied to Jerusalem and saw visions of peace for her when there was no peace, declares the Sovereign Lord."

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shaell

thank you shaell------i'm so dense i had to read what you wrote 3x for the "lights to come on" yes its a world full of lies and liars-----it's so hard even for a 1/2 blind person like me to find the truth let alone those that couldn't care less----thank's

new topics

top topics

join