It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is ridiculous…and I've had enough...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yep.

It isn't just the ATS Election that has sparked this either, it's the entire Political arena here at ATS that is lagging.

With the exception on Ron Paul threads, there is virtually no new activity here anymore. I'm not even sure who the moderators for PTS are anymore honestly.

I would think they would be trying to push new topics and conversation, and coming up with things for members like political debates or writing contests or something.

I could think of tons of interesting things to do here at PTS to get things moving again if I only had the authority. I'm sure there are several of you here who could do the same.

I just feel saddened about the state of things here at PTS in general these days.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

The truth is as stated by the owners themselves. PTS was born out of a need to move all politicial leaning threads out of ATS. PTS is a kind of a trash bin, and so it receives little attention. The only way this will work is if the Campaign 2007 forum is on ATS board list.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I've attempted to push the Political Head-2-Head Debate Forum for quite some time, but it has not had much success in the last few months.

• H2H: Looking To Debate? This Is Your One Stop Shop

This thread is bumped regularly in the BBQ forum. The staff is making an effort. Pointing fingers at the staff and saying we're not doing our job is hardly a constructive approach. We can build the court, and we can officiate the game. But if nobody is going to play, we're forced to stand on the sidelines and keep to ourselves.

• posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:32 PM
    link   

Originally posted by chissler
    We can build the court, and we can officiate the game. But if nobody is going to play, we're forced to stand on the sidelines and keep to ourselves.

Look I'm not faulting the job you have done with the H2H forum but in terms of the ATS election you seem to be a bit off base sure the court has been set up but when the chance came for the members to run the show it was declined. You cant have your cake and eat it to.

If you want to generate interest over on the H2H forum perhaps you should hold a debate tournament like the ones that are held on the ATS debate forum.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:35 PM
    link   
    reply to post by xpert11

I agree.

And Chissler, don't get me wrong. I'm in no way criticizing you or the job you and the other Mod's do around here. I'm just frustrated at the state of PTS and sometimes it seems like not enough is being done to rectify that.

I'm afraid bumping threads like the H2H forum in the BBQ board just isn't working. I agree with xpert11 that perhaps we should have a tournament advertised through ATS so people would actually notice it.

Continuing to promote PTS through PTS gets us nowhere. We're already here and we know the quality of this board. It's the people who DON'T come here we need to reach.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:11 PM
    link   
    The Elections and the H2H forum are two separate projects, but I'm just using it as an example to show that even when the staff makes a solid effort.. it doesn't equate to success. The opinions you guys share here are completely valid, and I take no offense to you guys sharing them. What is the status of this? I don't know. There is nothing I can say right now to alleviate this frustration.

But I do believe in this, I do believe it will happen, and I strongly believe that our competitors should take the effort their putting forth here.. and direct it towards discussing the issues.

Given the track history of how this has evolved, I can not fault anyone for erring on the side of caution.. and being hesitant to making too much of an effort.

Time will tell guys. Wish I could say and do more.

To end on a positive, Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:45 AM
    link   
    Chissler I understand that the ATS election and the H2H forum are seperate projects but you should still consider holding a debate tournament over on the H2H forum or U2U members who you would like to debate with a list of topics.
    As for the ATS election I have given up on the concept there is nothing more I can do when it comes to that matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join