It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened [problem with ats]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i was just on a really disturbing thread when all of a sudden it said that the thread dosn't exist anymore, no one had said anything wrong and it was brand new so the mods wouldn't have deleted it. what happened?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I f your talking about the story of the old video and 8mm film thread? i got it too it said i was banned from viewing it and all hell broke loose on my computer, is that the one? it said he worked for the government on scientific experiments on humans?
That was really strange like i was not controling my computer for a few mins

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It was probably deleted because it was of a very disturbing nature. Mods had plenty of time....and glad they did.

There was also one other disgusting thread deleted.

Thank God.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is the stuff that makes ATS great.

Please do tell more.............

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with ATS folks.

Given that the supportive "video" contained several elements which violate the T&C [i.e. frontal nudity and depictions of gore], not to mention that this is a family site, the thread and contents therein have since been removed.

Hope that clears things up for those left wondering.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Does disturbing information disturb you?

I come here to read about disturbing things.

Guess I am what you would call "disturbed"

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

My comment was a general statement, not my opinion for myself.

It looked like a snuff film. Many would find that disturbing. If you wouldnt find that disturbing, so be it.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I agree was pretty nasty it was a clip from a movie called cannibal apocolypse from the 80's i think using real footage filmed which is what the original movie was about pretty nasty, doesn't need to be on here with kids as members, and no im not into censorship just keepin kids from turning into lunatics.

thanks for the heads up mod thought id been hacked.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yes, I would find a snuff film very disturbing and I wouldn't want to see one.

Funny how many people logged on to the site where the guy got his head chopped off. Even I wouldn't want to see that.

But I am curious as to the content of the thread and if snuff films are being made there should be a way to discuss it without the shocking video.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I believe the OP posted what it was about on You Tube. He was asking if anyone here thought it was real or fake.

His friend found it in a house he was demoing and converted it digitally.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have to agree then that it is out of place here.

Sounds like something we don't need to rehash if it was from the 80's anyway.

Thanks for the further explaination.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
yeah, it was that one with the 8mm tape but yeah preety discusting but, i'm not that old and it wasn't to bad for me

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
it was an intresting topic though, and i must ask, what are snuff films?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by open mind

Here is a wiki definition for you:
en.wikipedia.org...

It is rumoured that some snuff films are real....its just so hard to tell the difference between real and fake.

Ever seen the movie 8mm...its about snuff films.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Some clarification needed.

I am just wondering. If someone were to use a video that was offensive (nudity, gore etc) as a source, would they be able to NOT link to it, but give directions of how to view this film, and give a large warning about the films content?

I am just wondering if the T and C would give any allowance for this, and if it does, what is the most responsible way to go about it?

Disclaimer: I am not trying to stir trouble, I just want to know how one would do this while not violating the T&C.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Some clarification needed.

I am just wondering if the T and C would give any allowance for this, and if it does, what is the most responsible way to go about it?

Disclaimer: I am not trying to stir trouble, I just want to know how one would do this while not violating the T&C.

Yeah, the idea of being afforded access to the information is important, but just because someone said it was a snuff film, (which for the question asked earlier usually involves death for someone's sexual perversion) doesn't mean that it is a snuff film in my way of thinking. It could be a killing for a reason other than what comes to mind when I see those words, if fact to kill someone in general is to *snuff them* so why is this more taboo than any other killing?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Click link for the story about the movie

Ive got to think the post was withdrawn not just because of the thread but the video was posted on the thread page just click and go which for what it is im not surprised in the least, i would have pulled it if i was a moderator too,

for those who didn't get to catch it before being withdrawn and i hope i dont get banned for explaining, remember a few years ago there was a movie about a french movie team went into the Amazon to search for lost tribes but went missing? well that was the remake, the video posted was from the original film footage filmed by members of the missing team, it was used in the original movie, the clip shown on here Dipicted a woman impaled on a stake right through and out her mouth very nasty stuff, the original movie became instantly banned all over the world and if im sure copies confiscated because the footage was stolen or passed on by a south American police chief for a large sum of money,

it was a very big story in the 70's they had to send in troops to recover what was left which included their cameras still intact with footage they had shot, remember when talk of cannabalism became a big thing or a big talking point in the 80's? other stories emerged like the book Alive about the football team in the mountains who ate their team mates to survive,

what happened today was the OP posted their thread with the usual video to click unfortunatley the video picture on the thread to click was of that poor poor lady and as the moderator was taking it down it seems everyone who where replying had their comps go wild for a min or two.. me included and for good reason.

The original movie was called canable apocalypse if my mind serves right.

[edit on 14/11/2007 by azzllin]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
sounds like some sick stuff im glad i missed the original thread.

reading about the wiki thread about snuff films and i was horrified who in there right mind would want to watcha snuff movie.

wont even mention the makers pretty obviou they are sick

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I read about snuff movies a while ago and Cannibal Holocaust was the first supposed "Snuff Movie" i researched. There is no authentic footage in the film relating to cannibalism. The film came under fire because it showed ritual killings of a number of animals throughout which caused it to be banned.

In terms of proper suff movies I don't think there has been one that has been proven as authentic, when you really dig into the subject there is no substance behind it.

top topics

join