It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being a Single Parent Sucks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This board rocks -- so many caring people! Thank you.

I'm feeling a bit better today; not great, not completely over it, but better. A night's sleep tends to have that effect. I just got some serious blows yesterday and I won't know the real outcome for a couple more weeks, so it's a combination of fear and anger that's hard to deal with.

Jon, I hope you get better soon -- and some guys appreciate having moobs. They're handy when the wife isn't around.

I'm hanging in there, guys. It's just hard. I'm really attached to my kids, I've always been the caregiver as my ex was too busy for them when we lived together. And now there is a possibility I'll lose them half the time -- maybe more. I don't know how to deal with that. It feels like I'm a failure as a mother because I can't protect them. The system won't let me do my job. And that's just the most frustrating and agonizing thing a conscientious mother can go through.

But like I said, I'm OK. Tonight is Bones and House. House always lifts my spirits, he's such a bastard.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
tomorrow is a new day MM
try and take your mind off it for a few days and you will come back a stronger person.
if i can wait for seven years to see my daughter, you can deal with what you have infront of you.

and yes, you do need to sleep for your mind to work right.
stay cool..

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
MM,

I'm not sure how you will take this, but I'd be a hypocrite not to let you know that someone realer than real does care for you and can help you and his name is the Lord Jesus Christ.

God allows suffering in our lives to get out attention. Pain is his megaphone. I want to offer you hope, and not only for the few years left for you to live, but hope about eternity.
The Lord Jesus Christ loved you personally enough to die in your place on the cross and suffer the anguish of hell so you could have eternal life and a personal relationship with him.
I'm not telling you about religion, or an organization, I'm not offering some philosophy.
I'm telling you about a person and one who will not fail you. He is not some aloof and uncaring God in deep space, but one that humbled himself, suffered like humans do and more, then offered the ultimate sacrifice for you.
His love is unspeakable, and I feel ashamed trying to do it justice, so I'll let his words speak for him; please, give him a chance to have a word with you

Proverbs 18:24 [..]and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Isaiah 24:21]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Isaiah 24:21

Uh, thanks but no thanks. I appreciate that you believe that this Jesus guy is helpful, but I've been there, done that, and I'm an atheist now.

Your intent was appreciated and noted, but please do me a favor and spare me the proselytizing. It's not going to help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join