It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nonlocality of single particle..faster than light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Saw this on Coast to Coast ..>>
"Usually when physicists talk about nonlocality in quantum mechanics, they’re referring to the fact that two particles can have immediate effects on each other, even when separated by large distances. Einstein famously called the phenomena “spooky interaction at a distance” because information about a particle seems to be traveling faster than the speed of light, violating the laws of causality."

www.physorg.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
aka Quantum Entanglement

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have been watching this develop for a while now, and I am of the opinion that very soon, proof of more than 4 dimensions will be forthcoming. The very nature of "spooky action at a distance" defies general, and special relativity. To be plain, cannot happen in the space time continuum.
At least one extra dimension must exist for quantum entanglement to be possible, and I would expect, many more dimensions of reality to be viable. We have evolved to experience only 4 dimensions, and rarely a 5th seems to be implied by psi, precog, and RV experiences.
One of my favorite quotes is " The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, but stranger than we CAN imagine".

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Quantum entanglement is a proven fact, as far as I know. A possible application of this phenomenon is quantum cryptography, an unbreakable code. That would really turn our world upside down. Anyone know of any other applications?

top topics

join