It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgotten Abominations Of The Bible.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

The mod didn't say you were going to hell or that you were going to burn forever. YOU said that.

You are right.. I said that he said that without saying it..
IF you say you have sinned, then to me thats saying.. You sin and you go to hell.. Becasue I dont buy Jesus.. Nor will I ever let that SOB into my heart!! No way.. So by omission Im going to hell in there eyes..

Thanks for your thoughts and stuff.. IM glad you dont have any hang ups, and can see people for who they are.. People like you and me

I will relax now.. I just get so freakin tired of hearing this over and over agin.. ITs like all people do is watch Jerry Springer, and come back and repeat what they learned is morally right..

And I dont hold the bible as some power to say what is right and wrong..
the Bible is nonesense for the use of a generation who has been dead a long time...
Honestly Im getting to the point where I am hateful to christians becasue all my life all they are is hateful to me... And all they do is judge and throw stones.. And say It was in the bible!!
Like its some text book for moral law.. Whatever!
I dont live that way.. And I never will be a slave to that..

The 3 Abrihamic religions are killing us all..
And most of you are part of that murderous, theifing, raping Evil doers of this world.. YOu are all worried about gay being so evil..
OPEN YOUR DAmn eyes!!!! Damn it!

Enjoy your afterlife...
I dont have to live with that notion.. becasue I do not play their games..
And I wont let people bully me around...

Sorry for getting off track here.. Im leaving this thread now...
I get to passionate about such things.. And I will sertinly get in trouble if I stay in here anylonger..
The longer I stay here the more foes I will end up making.. No thanks..

[edit on 9-11-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

You're right about many things being mentioned as an abomination in the bible. I could go into a lot of detail about those items as I'm currently writing a book on the subject but I suspect you're not really interested. I suspect (don't KNOW) that you just wanted to take a stab at Christians, some of whom have females that wear jeans and some who eat lobster so that you could say, "I'm gay and you wear jeans, so if I'm going to hell for an abomination then so are you." Very mature.

Your half right,coz i can be very immature

But i am interested in all faith,religions,philosophies,call 'em what you will.
Half of my threads on here are about faith....I am a seeker of Truth....but one who doesn't take life seriously all the time

Another reason for starting this thread is because,since i have been on this site,i've come across so called devout Christians who actually know very little about the what the Bible says.
Its as if they know the good bits about Jesus' teachings,his life and thats it! Some quote Paul and tell me thats what Jesus said,because they believe that he did! (but i've had that off line too.)

[edit on 9-11-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by icybreeze

"No doubt homosexuality is a sin!" is not a humble opinion ... Its a clear statement on what is ... By saying that is like saying ..

Jesus walked on the water for a fact
Jesus made water in to vine ( AA whent crazy )
Moses splittet a whole ocean to make a safe passage for a fact
Noa gathered alle the earths millions of animal species and insects and stuffed them in a boat for a fact ..
Jesus resurected for a fact ..
You are going to burn i hell for being gay ... for a fact ..

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

ok...i agree with you all those things are facts. i still don't see why Kinglizard got pounced on for stating an opinion. thats all im saying.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze
reply to post by tep200377

ok...i agree with you all those things are facts. i still don't see why Kinglizard got pounced on for stating an opinion. thats all im saying.

Ok, lets make this a bit more clear .. is it a opinion or a statement ?
There is a big space between "I know" and "I believe"

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
Do you not feel ashamed to quote that line?

No

Millions have suffered and will continue to suffer because of that line and because of a faith that preaches love and spews out hate!

I don't like suffering here on earth or in the afterlife. Showing someone love doesn't always mean saying yes or that's ok keep doing what you are doing because your flesh enjoys it. Would I be showing someone love if I knew they would pay a very high price for something they were doing and didn't say anything? Sometimes showing love is best expressed by saying difficult things.

There has been slow progression in the western world concerning the 2nd class citizenship of women,with no thanks to the Bible...

Jesus was the first real womans rights activist. He let them study religious texts at a time when it was cause for punishment. He taught to men and women alike and fought against sexist laws. He stood and fought women and all segments of society that were at the time brushed away.

Guess we should try to be more Christ like and less human like.

As i've shown,there are other abominations,ones that billions have commited.Do you think God will forgive them??

God will judge not me...

I sin and will also be judged...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Well,homosexuality is not around just because the flesh enjoys it.
Its who people are.
I have always loved the company and friendship of men,but the idea of getting carnal with one makes me feel ill.Its not a choice,its who i am.And i'm not sorry for it.Denying your true self leads only to bitterness and misery!

I agree that Jesus did do a lot for women and their rights.Its just a shame that woman got the blame for the fall of mankind,and that too many people believe in Paul's attitiude to women,not Jesus'.
And when Jesus died,so did women's equality.

You might find the link below interesting.Its one of the books that the Church kept from the Bible.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You might find the link below interesting.Its one of the books that the Church kept from the Bible.

I don't deal in the "apocrypha books" or arguments contained there in, yes that includes Lilith. Those works have nothing to do with God's word or record IMO.

Edit:

And when Jesus died,so did women's equality.

That was a temporary thing you know, Jesus is most certainly living. ...but the sentiment is not lost on me. As I said before we should try to be more Christ like and less human like.

[edit on 11/9/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

But these books were not only in the original version of the Bible,they contain the teachings of Jesus! They re-inforce his words!

You ignore them because certain men of the cloth found them a threat to their power and control,is that right?

Seems wrong to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I follow the Bible and the books contained in that particular collection for obvious reasons. Those other books were found to be unreliable.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Lilith is apparently still in the torah.. not sure how the story can be seen as unreliable when the OT genesis story is derived from it.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by riley]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Its not that they are unreliable,its that the early Church "demoized" them,mainly because many of them were used by the Gnostics,who they slaughtered!
Others didn't "fit in" with how they wanted their religion to be.As far as i know none of those books are fake,and some are still used in different Bibles,such as the Ethiopian Bible.

Even though i am not a believer,i think that all Christians should read such books because it will do one important thing for you;it will strengthen your faith!!
And Christians i know who have followed my suggestion tell me that.(blows own trumpet) lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I guess it's just as well you start talking about the apocrypha and how the early church removed them for issues dealing with control blah blah blah...this is ATS so it should start leaning to towards the conspiratorial angle. But you can count the Christians out of the discussion because we only discuss our faith in relation to OUR Bible, not what you think our Bible should be.

With that I wish you all a very pleasant evening...take care...

[edit on 11/9/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
More Christian-bashing on ATS. This stuff never gets old, I suppose.

I love how the OP is bashing Christianity because of the actions and words of a few. The overwhelming majority of Christians, I believe, have no problem with homosexuality.

Meanwhile, there are other religions (Islam) that are STILL stoning homosexuals to death on a daily basis. But why worry about that, right? After all, there's a mean sentence in the Bible!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13Meanwhile, there are other religions (Islam) that are STILL stoning homosexuals to death on a daily basis...

Whilst still practising it openly and blatantly in certain countries.
I must admit, I was shocked at the level it was displayed by some in the UAE.
I guess attitudes change in the strangest of places.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here's some quoted text somebody might be interested in:

The background of Leviticus is important to understand. The people are being told not to act like the "pagans". This is also the format Paul uses in Romans. "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination." These words occur solely in the Holiness Code of Leviticus, a ritual manual for Israel's priests. This prohibition of supposedly homosexual acts follows after the prohibition of the idolatrous sexuality of worshipping Molech, whose cult included male cult prostitutes and bestiality. Lev 18 is specifically designed to distinguish the Jews from the pagans who worshipped the multiple gods of fertility cults. It also is included with other Mosaic laws such as required killing kids who curse their parents, the death penalty for picking up sticks or doing other work on the Sabbath, and under the law, slave-beating was a protected legal right!

From a Jewish prospective, the commandments given at Sinai, including those of Leviticus (in Hebrew Jews simply name a book after the first word that appears - "V'yikra" - which means "then he spoke") were given to the Jewish people. Since they were only commanded to Jews, no one who is not Jewish need worry about obeying them. Judaism holds God taught basic laws to all humanity before Sinai (no murder, rape, etc), but that the more specific laws such as in Leviticus, apply only to Jews.

Lev 20:13 is giving the penalties for the Lev 18:22 "abomination" or in the Hebrew "toevah" Unlike what the English translation implies, toevah did not usually signify something intrinsically evil, but something ritually unclean for Jews. Eating pork, shellfish, lobster, eating meat 3 days old, trimming beards, etc is just as much an "abomination". It is used throughout the OT to designate those Jewish sins which involve ethnic contamination or idolatry. In many other OT verses it simply means idolatry. Lev 18 is specifically designed to distinguish the Jews from the pagans among whom they had been living. The prohibition of supposedly homosexual acts follows after the prohibition of idolatrous sexuality of worshipping Molech, whose cult included male cult prostitutes and bestiality.

Chapter 20 begins with a prohibition of sexual idolatry almost identical with this, and like 18, its manifest purpose is to elaborate a system of ritual "cleanliness" whereby the Jews will be distinguished from neighboring peoples. This was also the interpretation given by later Jewish commentaries such as those of Maimonides. Boswell also references much Jewish historic discussion about the non practice of the death penalty which is also mandated for violating the Sabbath, cursing one's parents and many infractions listed in the Talmud.

toevah

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link

[edit on 2007/11/9 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Honestly Im getting to the point where I am hateful to christians becasue all my life all they are is hateful to me

I think you are being a little sensitive.
Just because someone does not agree with your lifestyle does not mean they 'hate' you.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
But, 4thDoc, when the tele broadcasts news articles with angry Americans and others who picket and carry signs that say God Hates F--s; the preacher's saying that God loves the sinner, He just hates the sin; the family's cutting ties because one has been found gay; the kids at school have a big problem with it; the folks at work whisper and point . . . it seems the word "hate" might begin to take on a new vibe . .

And likely, most of the above listing would be self-declared Christian, if asked.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
--Mohandas Gandhi

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Any Christian who uses a Leviticus law to condemn homosexuality is a hypocrite if they eat pork, shellfish, amongst other things.

And it says to -kill- homosexuals, it doesn't just say it's an abomination. It says they should be put to death.

So, only going as far as you want? Even the fundies tend to not approve of killing (except Fred Phelps...but hes so insane hes bypassed the fundie stage and is in Lala Land), but why? Because in this day and age you can't? So you just change it to suit the day? Why not scrap it all together? You can't pick and choose parts of a religion to condemn something without doing it all.

Follow all the Leviticus laws or none.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptionToChoose
the preacher's saying that God loves the sinner, He just hates the sin

How is this hating homesexuals in particular? This could apply to any sin and as the phrase says, "God loves the sinner". So even if it was directed at gays only, which its not, it still points out that you are loved and not hated.

the family's cutting ties because one has been found gay

Again, families cut ties with their kids for all sorts of reasons like a daughter getting pregnant or their son becoming out of control. The parents still love their kids even though they might have had to cut ties so this example also does not show hate.

the kids at school have a big problem with it; the folks at work whisper and point

Come on, kids at school make fun of people for many reasons like being a geek for example. This does not mean they hate them, they are just making fun of them. Big difference.
The same goes for people at work.

it seems the word "hate" might begin to take on a new vibe

Sorry but I don't see it with your examples and it only solidifies my initial assesment that some are just a little to sensitive.

And likely, most of the above listing would be self-declared Christian, if asked.

I don't know about that. I think perhaps this is your wish in order to help you make a point. I will need proof and not just your opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join