It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wo Ist Mein Avatar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yo. First, let me note how dorkified it is for the post length rule to apply to this board. (Questions often are best asked briefly). But maybe I'll ramble a bit anyway...

Does this site not recognize certain avatar URLs any more? If so, it's a brand new policy.

Been experiencing a lot of Internet strangeness lately. Probably has something to do with my unconventional views. Keep an eye out on the Predictions board for a serious thread of mine. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well i wouldn't have thought that any site would take the avatar URL you're using; it goes to a page, not a picture.

This is the link you want.

img1.jurko.net...

Hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I believe the image has to have the .jpg extension in order for it to properly load onto the ATS boards.

If it's not a .jpg, re-save it and try it again. If that doesn't work, let us know in this thread and we'll work together to rectify your problem.

Edit: And .gif's work as well.

Check this link out:

[edit on 9-11-2007 by chissler]

• posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:23 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
    Yo. First, let me note how dorkified it is for the post length rule to apply to this board. (Questions often are best asked briefly). But maybe I'll ramble a bit anyway...

You will be surprised at how many words it takes someone to post a reply in some of these forums. Some are interesting, most are boring, and all of them too wordy. At times, I wish the post length was shorter, but then you will see the occasional second post as a continuation, and I once saw even 3 posts in a row. Then to respond, people actually quoted the guy. It was insane.

Anyway, others have answered your avatar question. Have fun....

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:40 AM
    link   
    I think it might be because you're trying to hot link directly from someone else's site.

Try uploading the image to s2.photobucket.com... .

You'll need to set up a free account.

When you've done that, remember to enter the direct link and not use BB code in the avatar field in your member profile.

top topics

join