It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anarchy: Slaves without choice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have been sitting on this issue for a long time. Why is it that we as humans have to be governed, restricted, and owned as property of the place they live. I think every country has a lot of juevos to say that they own a large portion of the world, without question, and do with it whatever they want, changing laws to suit their needs.

Now, I don't necessarily mean individuals in power (though they aren't so innocent), but the systems of government themselves. Should humans be branded with nationalities and forced to abide by rules that they have no real control over? Do you get what I’m saying? There shouldn't be countries in the first place. We are animals, and we are meant to live free. We should not be forced to do the things our 'king' tells us to do, no matter the country or its leader.

On, this whole entire Earth, there is nowhere for humans to live free, by themselves, by their own rules, without someone else telling them how to live. That is true liberty.
In any country, there are laws regulating what you eat, how you live, where you live, your education, jobs, money, driving, where you can go or walk to, how you travel, how you act, how you raise your children, what you wear, what you say, and the list goes on and ON.
Every piece of land is owned by some government, with borders you can't cross without permission. That is NOT how things are supposed to be. If you want to walk down to Groom Lake for a (rhetorical) swim, you shouldn't be shot for doing it. There shouldn't be a military application there anyways.

I would gladly give up the limited security this or any country gives as a society to live on my own, where I choose, and grow my own food and raise my children how I want to. I realize we have laws and governments so that they can keep everybody in check and control how they live (i.e. slaves) so we can be 'safe', but is that worth losing the freedom of living?

I can't live how I want, and YOU can't live how you want. I was born into the American Empire less than 18 years ago. And I have no rights, and cannot think for myself without an adult telling me I’m to young to think. Yet they want me to pay taxes on my wage, and on my car, and then go and tell me I can't do this and that. That's bull.

Which brings me to the point of this Epic, does anyone know of any island out there in the open sea that has no flag planted on it, where I can live in true freedom and peace? I'd gladly move there as soon as my masters set me free.

Until next time,
Epic Wolf

Preview of next Epic working title:
"Existence: What is Purpose?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A lot of hunter gatherer tribes are anarchist or very close to it. You should read about the human transition from hunting and gathering to agricultural society. All I can recommend is just familiarize yourself with pretty much the totality of human history, what you are asking will become more clear. I think there are quite a few histories of the world out there. I can't recommend one, I haven't read any. I'm not saying I even know all of human history that well myself, but I've read enough disparate historical texts, that a somewhat clear picture of human development has come to me.

When you go from the tribe to city state or nation state, a lot of the hierarachy and undemocratic elements of so-called civilization emerge. For example, many hunter gatherer societies don't even have a concept of private property. Probably something similar to this was in the minds of the Native Americans who sold Manhattan for some wampum.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by Raoul Duke]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Epic Wolf

No.. An anarchist state does not exist.. But if your willing you can hold a fund raiser to buy a barge. Fill that puppy with dirt and go to international waters and be self sufficient.

I am an Anarchist myself. I consider myself a realistic Anarchist because I believe that Anarchy is something that humanity will evolve back into. Their was no government when we began and when we reach the stars I believe our understand will match our technological level just as a matter of social evolution....

But not in my life time.

To that end I got me some land in the middle of no where. Where I can do whatever I like. My own personal freedom zone. 11 acres of fun, mine to defend mine to give away...

And as for the Federal Empire.... Well Its on its way out anyways. I wait to see what comes next.

BTW, feel free to U2U me...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Reading through and just had to post, even though it is old.

I hear a lot of what you are saying. There are just people who are better off being their own masters. Before I say anything else let me try to describe why I think there are nations.

Nationalities- The only real necessity of nationalities is based on the fear of foreigners. If we ever moved beyond our nationality, and decided to dissolve the borders, there will still be one or a few nations that will not. The fear is that these nations will ride like the Attila the Hun and destroy all the peace loving people on this planet. If no one had ever drew up lines on the map then maybe we could do away with nation states, but because they started the ball rolling I don't think we can ever stop it.

Now I want to tell you not to be so pessimistic (I know you probably hear this a lot, but give me a chance to explain). You must take the strength of your enemy and make it work for you. With all of these laws and rules the “civilized world” has come up with some pretty spiffy gear. Solar panels, composting toilets, improved seeds / fertilizer, and not to mention the Internet.

To quote Sean Kennedy TFM, “With enough [solar powered] computer programs and data, we're talking about terabytes here, you could take a person into the middle of the forest in an isolated, non-corporate environment and raise them from the ground up with an Oxford degree education as an engineer in the middle of nowhere” [Patrolling: Season 1-Episode 5]

You can take the fruits of the society and run into the secluded wild with them. With the right setup your homestead can create power, food, and even dispose of waste all on its own. Entertainment is at your finger tips if you have a computer and a net connection. Hit up some states where there are no or low property taxes and loose gun laws (States like the Dakotas, Colorado, Montana, and so on). This way you don't have to work a rotten job to pay for a bunch of stuff you don't want. Live close enough to a city if you still want to party around on the social scene. I am a bit of a shut in so I'm not the expert on keeping company while living out in the woods, though it can be done.

Finishing Up...

It took me all of my 20 years to finally figure out that what you and I see as slavery is security to many people. There are honestly those who live great lives while following all of societies rules. These are people who wouldn't / couldn't make it if left to their own devices. They want their MTV, $100 jeans, and taxes. Who am I to keep these people from living how they want (as long as I can run to the hills and be left relatively alone). If you are a determined son of a gun then you will make it out of the grind. Good Luck!

P.S. I forgot, maybe you would like a warmer climate than North Dakota!?! I am a man of the North so I don't know that much about tropic type islands. The Florida Keys are pretty laid back, but I don't think you could spit without hitting a neighbor!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I am an Anarchist myself. I consider myself a realistic Anarchist because I believe that Anarchy is something that humanity will evolve back into. Their was no government when we began and when we reach the stars I believe our understand will match our technological level just as a matter of social evolution....

There is a school of political philosophy called Rational Anarchy. Sounds like that's what you are.

Rational Anarchists believe that in an enlightened society laws would not be needed. Think of it this way. When we play Monopoly we all move our pieces around the board in a clockwise fashion. Why? There is no law that says we have to. But we know that if we don't follow the "rules" no one will want to play with us.

In a Rational Anarchist society there would be no need for laws about which side of the road to drive on. It would be obvious that if we don't want to kill each other we have to all drive on the same side.

This type of society does require that we live by the "Do unto others..." rule and obviously we are a LONG way away from that. But thread like this remind me that I'm not alone.

Vas

top topics

join