It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G'day from Down Under

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I've just come across this site, and it looks awesome. Just wanna kick off my participation with a short intro' posting. I'm a dairy farm manager in New Zealand, with a keen interest in all things historic and mysterious.
Believe it or not, we have our own sinister cover-ups and suppressions down here, especially when it deals with the Waitangi Treaty and NZ's pre-Maori history. There's abundant evidence of Phoenician, Celtic, Arab, Ptolemaic Greek and other people voyaging to and settling in NZ. Yet our corrupt and spineless Government and various elements of Maoridom continue to ignore, cover-up, suppress and even destroy such evidence - both sites and artefacts!?!? All in the name of protecting their greedy and fraudulent and blatantly criminal ambitions. And when you do confront these conspiracies Maoridom brands you a racist! It's mindboggling, the crap that's going on down here!
Interested folk might like to check out the following NZ sites;

www.celticnz.co.nz...
www.kilts.co.nz...
www.onenzfoundation.co.nz...

Cheers for now...

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by KiwiGael]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Welcome!!

Great intro! well looks like your going to fit in just fine around these parts!

look forward to reading your posts,

umm seems alot of stuff is happening down there!!
going to go have a read of your links,

jump right in and start posting

and if you need any help feel free to u2u me...
So are you a Jack a roo ?

well enjoy!!

asala

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KiwiGael
There's abundant evidence of Phoenician, Celtic, Arab, Ptolemaic Greek and other people voyaging to and settling in NZ.

There's also abundant evidence of Kiwi life at ATS, and even trends for ATS members of only the highest quality and calibre to be migrating to Middle Earth.

Welcome aboard dairy farm manager KiwiGael. Please don't put excess hormones in your product.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
After the success of Lord Of The Rings they are going to change the name of New Zealand's biggest city to ORCLAND!
True!!!!

Or did I dream it ???

Welcome aboard.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
welcome to the site

I've got 5 cousins in new zealand, 4 of which I've never met. Who knows one day I might get to go and meet them.
anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here.
don't forget to check out the ATS SETI team if you get a chance.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hey and welcome to ATS/BTS/ATSNN
Research and knowledge are power!

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What part of Australia is New Zealand?
Is it an island like Tasmania, or next to Sydney?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Australia ???

Oh you mean West Island.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
What part of Australia is New Zealand?
Is it an island like Tasmania, or next to Sydney?

Its the part that wasn't founded by convicts.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Back on thread (
)

Welcome KiwiGael !

Look forward to more posts from you ny friend - I can't claim any family that I know of in NZ, but have a cousin in OZ - to *me*, NZ *is* the Antipodes!!
Enjoy the hot springs!!

And, if you get the time, please consider joining ATS SETI@home team - we need your CPU!!

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
After the success of Lord Of The Rings they are going to change the name of New Zealand's biggest city to ORCLAND!
True!!!!

My folks' home town of Matamata has been re-named Hobbiton. A lotta scenes based round the Hobbits' dwellings were flimed nearby.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
God, kiwi:aussie ratio is getting a little too high again.

Only one thing can save us now:

The OzMobile

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by Kano]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
yay im nz 2. im from orcland lol. recently passed through matamata 2. my dad does butterfly releases for weddings and #. its quite popular in america aye? HELLo NZ' farmer guy! And btw New ZeALand aint aussi!!
its east of it in the south pacific.

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by quiksilver]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   

And btw New ZeALand aint aussi!!
its east of it in the south pacific.

Yeh, you tell them, bro!

Nice to make your aquaintance

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Welcome Aboard fellow Kiwi...

...if you require any assistance with the board, just hollar up a brother

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Welcome Aboard fellow Kiwi...

...if you require any assistance with the board, just hollar up a brother

Peace,
ALIEN

Will do, mate. Cheers. Love your avatar!!
Hey, I have to ask, what's your opinion on the cover-ups about NZ's ancient history? I've read quite a lot about oral Maori tradition that speaks of people already here when the wakas arrived - but sadly, this knowledge seems to have been lost thru the years and has been discarded in the name and game of politics.
Personally, it doesn't bother me who got here first whether it be Celts, Arabs, Maori, Spanish, Portugese or whoever. I could care less about this aspect. I'm just looking for the truth, and without that, I fear NZ, culturally and socially, is heading down the chute. And NZ is too damn special to allow that to happen.

The Govt' has documents about Celtic sites in Waipoua Forest, but nobody can see them until 2063! Phoenician inscriptions have been found around the country, and Ptolemaic gold coins have been found in Russell, to name just a few examples. I wanna get me a metal detector and go play Indiana Jones and check out some of these sites. This ancient history is too fascinating to just wave away.

And when you do enquire about these cover-ups etc., you're branded a racist, which personally guts me, cos my sister is part Maori and part European.
I'm sicka the lies in this country, mate.
As the original Treaty states - "He iwi tahi tatou - We are now one people".

May the Truth prevail - whatever it may be.

E noho ra...

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KiwiGael
As the original Treaty states - "He iwi tahi tatou - We are now one people".

May the Truth prevail - whatever it may be.

Kia Ora e hoa.

Thats how I see it too. We are one people here in this beautiful country called New Zealand/Aotearoa...and moves that divide us are moves that must not be allowed to gain momentum.

Like you, I am interested in the truth. I am Maori, and descend from a strong heritage of Maori (with a minute smattering of French and English/Scottish along the way)...it angers me that there are indeed elements of my culture whose aim is not truth, but profit. Not unity but power. Our culture speaks often of Mana...of honour and integrity...yet sometimes there are those who claim to represent our culture who act with anything BUT Mana. Other important facets of the culture are Arohatanga (the showing of love and compassion) and Manuhiritanga (the treasuring/honouring of guests/visitors/people we meet)...too often some elements of the culture forget those core guiding principles.

I only hope that the people of NZ can see that, and hopefully not brand the whole culture with the dishonourable actions of those who cry the loudest and thus seem to get the air time
This is a shame, as it can colour the wider publics perception...perhaps over time voices and events supporting unity will make the papers and 6pm News...rather than voices/events of separation and conflict, as it seems is the case now unfortunately.

NZ is my home...NZ will always be my home...as you say it really doesn't matter to me WHO was here first, second, third, fourth...what matters is the truth. Truth is where my vested interests are...if that means I have to face up to some demons in my cultures past...then so be it...good in fact...we can only progress on through fully accepting where we have come from...not through covering it, or colouring it in our favour.

I am aware of the 'fun' people can have when they start to seek out the truth...yes, unfortunately your motives get questioned...there is a tendancy to be branded racist or subversive...particularily when those who seem to be holding that knowledge also hold power, such as the Government (in particular the Dept of Conservation) and various Iwi Trust Boards. But...the truth MUST prevail.

I wish you well in your search...kia kaha e hoa.

Naku noa,
ALIEN

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Wow... I'm blown away with that post. I couldn't have said it better. I miss the old days when the elders' rich oral tradition filled the maraes and the history books. So much so, I could almost cry...

Godspeed, my friend!!! What part of the Shaky Isles do you reside in, mate?

Change of topic - are there any good sites discussing the possibility of moa still lurking around Fiordland? Very intriguing topic, but I haven't found anything spectacular on the web. Thought it might be a neat thread to add to the Cryptozoology section, assuming there's not one already going.
One more thing, I'm looking for a thread discussing the concept of time-travel (a bit oddball subject, I know, but it really does fascinate me) - can you point me in the right direction? It's such a massive site, I'm gonna be lost for a while!

Cheers.
... and Go The Warriors!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
...definitely GO THE WARRIORS!!!!!!...gees, tell ya what, watching big Tookey just steamtrain into a defensive line is a sight to behold...he ain't pretty, he ain't technical, but the boy puts in the work for sure!

As for any info on Time Travel, would suggest looking (or posting a thread seeking info) in either Military & Government Projects or Science & Technology...or run a search on Time Travel and see what you come up with.

I would doubt there are any threads on the Moa in Crytozoology...if there are I haven't happened across them. It would not surprise me if the Fiordlands have Moa still lurking around within them, much of that area is still lush, large and still relatively unexplored as to have all manner of wildlife still existing there without the human inhabitants being aware.

I'm currently living in Wellington...have been for almost 4 years now, so have grown quite accustomed to the wind...hahaha. So yes, you bet I'll be leaping up and down in a semi-drunken state at the Sevens being held at the Stadium next week
. Grew up in Turangi and regularly return there to see my folks, or travel to Hamilton and Rotorua to visit siblings. Iwi links are Ngai Te Rangi/Ngati Ranginui from the wider Tauranga area on my fathers side, and Ngati Pikiao/Rotorua on mums side.

I see you hail from the mighty Tok'
niiiiiice, love that area...and quite enjoy stopping at that pub on the right heading south out of Tok'
'Forest-something-or-rather'...can't recall the name offhand.

I know what you mean about the old days and old ways (though I am only just in my 30s
). The old ways are sadly somewhat lacking now...and more often the 'role model' that Maori Youth take onboard is a negative one inspired by the Afro-American 'Gangsta' stereotypes as seen in music videos and film. Sad indeed. For if their aim is to be 'staunch', then they couldn't find a more 'staunch' (and honourable) image than that of the traditional Toa/Warriors within their own race. Many of the old ways have been forsaken for money, for power and image.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join