It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give the MODS a Break Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I propose a day be set aside for....

"GIVE THE MODS A BREAK DAY"

Being a veteran, I say let's make it Veterans day..

On that day...

We as Members Pledge to...

1. Create No Drama

2. Post nothing sarcastic

3. Not respond to a sarcastic post

4. Walk away from a post that makes us upset

Finally,

U2U our favorite MODS and wish them a GREAT DAY..

Now this may sound to some like "Sucking Up" or pandering, but what will it hurt and what will it get me for proposing such a day?

Exactly the same thing the MODS get each and everyday for the work they do.. Naught... Except the satisfaction of posting here at ATS.

Look at it this way...

Everyday they log on and have to confront complaints. Everyday they have to get involved in one drama fest or another and more importantly, every time they post, they have to examine their post and try and determine if someone will consider them being "heavy handed".
They never get the freedom of just posting like the rest of us...

So COME ON!!!

Let's all get together and just "Give Them a Break"....

Semper

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
what would be the fun in that. although being a vet myself i plan to be far away from my pc on monday. so this is one you wont have to worry about..

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Exactly the same thing the MODS get each and everyday for the work they do.. Naught... Except the satisfaction of posting here at ATS.

Semper

They do get some perks.
I think they get to take all the Whiskey out of Springers Whiskey Room. Theres never any in there when i go in.

Nice idea Semper, got buckleys chance of it happening with more than say 50% of the membership though i'd reckon.

Count me in.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Who wants what broken first?

Monday, eh? I'm in.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thanks semper I appreciate the thought but I would rather have money. Cash, cheque or Paypal?

So Monday is Veteran's Day below the border. It's Remembrance Day here. Same thing. I didn't know we celebrated our Servicepeople on the same day. Cool.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
How about a "Give ATSers a Break Day!" Have a day in which no warnings, bans and everything of that sort are not given to members. Sure, it would cause mayhem, but that's okay

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I just sent you your last check you greedy &^%$%^

And for the last time, even though I love ya man, you can not have my Bud Light!!!

Semper

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well its good idea, but there is a "Sytems administrator day" aswell. Maybe a merger with that date as well?

Sys admin day

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think this is an excellent idea.

Let's just see if we as a community can get through one day without complaining and if not being nice to each other at least not being mean. I think we can do it who else is going to join in.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
No Rest For The Wicked

It is indeed a heartwarming thought, but alas our job is never done.

You don't have to be a member or a moderator for very long to know that there are some people in this world who get their jollies not by discussing topics, but by yanking chains.

The Internet gives them a wide-open and virtually limitless playground in which to ply their loathsome craft, and the swaths of destruction left in their wake can be witnessed in the databases of tens of thousands of discussion boards.

They never sleep.

Those of us gullible heroic enough to take up the challenge of opposing them know that to let down our guard for even a moment would be to let down our community forever.

Thus must we walk the windswept ramparts ever vigilant, gazing ever long into the Internet Abyss, sustained only by the sweet nectar of intelligent, civil discussion that our beloved fellow members provide.

Totally worth every hazard, harangue, hassle and headache.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Well semper,
considering I don't give the mods THAT much trouble (apart from being a PITA) I think it's a great idea.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

syc·o·phant (sĭk'ə-fənt, sī'kə-) Pronunciation Key
n. A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.
Link

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
how about a zero mod day??? when we can do as we please...anarchy if you will, they can have their break and not log on and we can all let our hair down!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Nothing sarcastic....

I'd rather die first

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Nothing sarcastic....

I'd rather die first
Come die with me! Come to me honey!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Maybe we shouldn't allow them to rest too long, they might come up with some more unnecessary rules to follow.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Everyday they log on and have to confront complaints.

Lmao, give me a break.. they dont HAVE to log on and they dont HAVE to be a mod. They do it because they want to and they most likely enjoy and consider it an honor to be a mod of such a high profile internet site.

It isnt that hard to be a signature/avatar cop, performing that never ending search to find a signature that is 10 pixels to wide so they can delete it.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Regarding Give the MODS a Break Day

1. Create No Drama- ok

2. Post nothing sarcastic- ok

3. Not respond to a sarcastic post- ok

4. Walk away from a post that makes us upset- ok

Finally,

U2U our favorite MODS and wish them a GREAT DAY..- ok

This is for only 1 day right?:shk:

intrepid would you accept a second party, out-of-state, & post dated check for December 2012?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

On that day...

1. Create No Drama
not my style

Hard but possible, i know one mod whos knickers get in a twist when he reads anything sarcastic or a joke

Cant make promises

4. Walk away from a post that makes us upset
I dont post on them anyway so all ok for that

Finally,

U2U our favorite MODS and wish them a GREAT DAY..
i dont have a Fav mod and see this as ASS kissing

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hey, I agree that we owe the mods & staff some love for being here and doing what they do to ensure the site's smooth operation. No question about that.

But I'm not sure I can comply completely-

That eliminates my participation right there. I'll just have to take a day off.

And if not-

...it could also be an official "ignore yeahright day". So in other words, business as usual.

Interesting how showing some appreciation could be construed as "ass kissing", but to each their own.
:shk:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join