It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Holmes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Thought i would post this footage here as know one knows what this is yet took this footage last night of Comet Holmes all footage shot in nightvision and from 5 to 33 optical.
And going take more tonight.
www.youtube.com...

Watch in full screen
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
John

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by john gillies

I don't get it. There are much better images than this available. He seems to be having lots of difficulty focusing and is messing around with the zoom.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
reply to post by john gillies

I don't get it. There are much better images than this available. He seems to be having lots of difficulty focusing and is messing around with the zoom.

Would not think it has to much to do with focus/all the images where filmed in optical from 5/33 optical and in nightvision,and not with a telescope.

regards
john

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Once again mother nature LOBS a snowball our way and its long overdue, comets are fantastic shows when they come into our neighbourhood, ive heared all kinds of stories of comet holmes like it will look as big as the moon etc most of which i disagree with, i just wish for it to be half as good as tuttle and ill be happy, yes there are better quality pictures out there but to see it through a telescope is still fantastic, keep observing and enjoying,

wish i had a telescope..

[edit on 6/11/2007 by azzllin]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You all must not be big fans of spaceweather.com

The debate is on www.spaceweather.com... 11/10/07

Twins?

DISCONNECTION EVENT: ONE THEORY

"They happen when comets hit a reversal in the Interplanetary field and I'm fairly certain that they probably occur when the comet encounters a Solar Flare and Coronal Mass Ejection both of which give rise to Geomagnetic Storms here on Earth."

Ask yourself, what interplanetary field? What is the distance of Holmes from the Sun? If this is the second outburst, why is Holmes still maintaining an orbit? What about the other fragments?

"Without a few exceptions the observed separation velocity for split comets were in the order of (0.1-2) m/s !
At Holmes current distance to Earth (2.5AU) it is very hard to get an spatial resolution in the order of few hundred kilometers with ground based telescopes."

[edit on 10-11-2007 by anniem]

top topics

join