It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bahrain: Iran trying to acquire nuclear weapons

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by jsobecky
And since when is it Iran's business to determine the future of that regime?

Becky.. do you know how funny that is?

With the sitcom writers on strike, you could have a big future in Hollywood.

Well, I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it, probe!

Now maybe you can explain how it's Iran's business to determine the future of Israel?

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by jsobecky

does the 25,000 jews living in Iran count for nothing? they have a member of parliment , khosher butchers - and 1 of the remaining jewish run hospitals (run by donations) in the world.

No, they don't. I can't see how they do. Unless you support ethnic cleansing?

Originally posted by Harlequin
when talking about Israel you MUST remove politics and religion - something the Israelie government do not want you to do.

Impossible. They are the essence of a society. Remove them and what do you have left? Cultural holiday meals?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

And since Israel is a sovereign nation, the threat from Khameini (not Khomeini, as you cited, must be considered as an act of imperialism.

what threat does he pose exactly, he is dead ?

That make's it worse yet, since the threat came from higher up the chain than Ahmadinejead.

it wasnt a threat and it wasnt from higher up, he was quoting a cleric i believe. kinda like quoting George washington.

You're mincing words here, turbokid. But I'll play along for the time being: after the current leaders have been "vanished from the page of time", what are Iran's intentions for the rest of the Israeli population? Could it include that word that Ahmadinejead denies happened in the 1940's? Holocaust?

what do you mean intentions? iran is not planning on overthrowing israeli leadership and exterminating the jews. As crazy as he is, he is educated enough to know he couldnt succeed in this. What the problem is, is that your line of logic thinks that if someone disagrees with something they are automatically planning to engage and act on those disagrements. For example i strongly disagree with the leadership in my own country but that doesnt mean im building up arms in my basement and plan to storm the whitehouse, does it?

I have a favorite personal saying that remains true here on ATS: no discussion of any foreign power can remain pure for very long without being compared to the USA.

We'e talking Iran here, not the US.

yes indeed we are, but the point i was making was if you are going to blast a foreign leader because you think he is trying to overthrow and destroy another country, you shouldnt be guilty of the very act you are speaking against. ya know?

Originally posted by turbokid
also i am not defending what iran does

Oh, I think you are. You also saw fit to condemn the US.

how exactly am i defending iran by correcting obvious propaganda?
and also condemning the US Governmentfor things that are illegal and immoral is not a bad thing..
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
-Mark Twain

i value my country and belive that continuation on this Roman empire like path will be our undoing, a nation simply cannot sustain itself interjecting its policies by force to every corner of the globe.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join