It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An End to Evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Anyone seen the book that Richard Perle and David Frum co-authored? ("An End to Evil")

The ideas Perle promotes are simply suicidal and insane. If the United States had behaved toward the world in the manner he prescribes, we would have been finished two decades ago.

Any thoughts? Personally, I think Richard Perle is nothing short of CRIMINALLY INSANE!

Here's a link to a review of the book:

An End to Evil Seeks Expansionist Role for U.S. Foreign Policy
The Rambo Solution to the War on Terror
by Allan H. Ryskind
Posted Jan 26, 2004

An End to Evil by Richard Perle and David Frum reads more like an extremist political tract than sober advice on how to win the war on terrorism. More's the pity. Why Perle, a highly respected foreign policy expert and Cold War hero, would put his name to such an undertaking is unclear.

Frum is a bright fellow who wrote an insightful book about Bush, The Right Man, but he is more neocon polemicist than policy guru.
www.humaneventsonline.com...

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Perle is a cold war hero, imho. I think he usually get the short end of the stick, vilified by his opponents. Frum was a Bush speech writer, responsible for the Axis of Evil speech, if I am not mistaken. I also think Frum is a 'fan' of Perle's, as odd as that may sound. Frum writes about him a lot. Having said all that, I have yet to read that book. Has anyone read it yet?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I havn't read the book. I've read enough of Perle to know that he's got no one's best interests at heart but his own. His views are warped beyond words and dangerous as all get out. He's one of the driving architects of this neo-con insanity that has spawned war in Iraq. And he's completely unaccountable to the electorate.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yeah, Frum wrote the axis of evil speech, he mentioned it in his book The Right Man. This guy is loony I haven't read this book yet but I've heard of it from another website. It sounds more like a neo-con wet dream then an actual plan, everytime I have read one of the lines in his book I imagine a little kid throwing a temper tantrum.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Frum's a pathetic little sycophant.

More neo con wishful thinking. I find it more than interesting that NONE of these architects of world conquest have EVER served a day of their life in the military. They pontificate from on high about how to dominate the world when they themselves don't know the first thing about fighting a war. Richard Perle needs to be forced to live in Iraq - and suffer with the rest of them - until our withdrawel, for his stupidity.

top topics

join