It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid brothers receive jail terms; judge cites 'family in crisis'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Reid brothers receive jail terms; judge cites 'family in crisis'

sports.espn.go.com

A judge who sentenced Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid's sons to jail on Thursday likened the coach's home to "a drug emporium" and questioned whether his adult sons should live there.

"I'm saying this is a family in crisis," O'Neill said.

Earlier Thursday, O'Neill sentenced 24-year-old Garrett Reid, a drug addict and dealer who said he got a thrill out of selling drugs in "the 'hood," to up to 23 months in jail for smashing into another motorist's car while high on heroin.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What is going on at Andy Reid's house?

I have recently come to the conclusion that the NFL should stand for "Narcotics For Life." Sure the overt purpose of the league is to provide an opportunity for athletes to excel at what they do, and provide entertainment to a violent culture, not to mention generate big cash for the owners, but the covert purpose of the league is, imo, to provide an opiate delivery and consumption vehicle for an addicted society. It all fits, hand-in-glove. Think about it. Plenty of travel with big bags of equipment to hide some thing, no suspicion, no worries, its just football after all.

Everybody's taking a lot of hard whacks during the game, they need a little some thing to take the edge off afterwards. You never hear about opiate suspensions in the NFL, either. It's always weed or alcohol that gets players in trouble. What are they hiding?

Same thing goes for the NBA.

Why hasn't the league taken any notice of what Andy's kids are up to? If this was a players' house, you can bet they would be all over it.

Something smells in the NFL. Smells like poppies to me.

sports.espn.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Reid says he is staying on the job.

The Philadelphia Eagles coach insisted he will not resign Friday, a day after a judge sentenced Reid's two sons to prison and likened his home to a "drug emporium."

At least one of his peers thought that may not be the best approach.

"If that situation comes up in anybody's family, I would think you would have to take a hard look at taking time off, of doing something to try and salvage the thing," said Reid's longtime friend and mentor, Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren.

source

I wonder why he and his wife aren't being investigated? After all, it was their house, and according to the reports, prescription and illegal drugs were found throughout the place. I'm assuming they live there along with their two sons, and I can't help thinking if it was you or me in this situation we'd already be arrested and charged.

I don't have any thing against Andy Reid. It just bothers me that he is getting special treatment because he is an NFL coach. I also can't help holding him at least partly responsible for the behavior of his adult kids living in his home.

join